LibreELEC 8.x images for additional dvb drivers

• looks more like LE9, the last info i have is that they upstream the drivers to the kernel so that everything is working ootb - to create an self made patch from the current drivers is a bit out of scope from us due the not trivial size (+ a bit messy git repo :D )

- at least we have a fresh DD patch for the moment (usermade) - if this patch fails (at kernel bump ...) we have to remove them - we have no intention to do the work for the manufacturers (if other ppl like to do it I have no problems with it - prs welcome :) ).

• I can understand that, of course. I hoped for LE8 because I want to try my TBS-Tuner on an Amlogic S905 device. Afaik the S905-Images don't support TBS devices, a special image like this one here would be needed. My Intel i5 NUC is just overkill right now, I don't need that much power just for watching TV and streaming movies from my NAS. But I neither want to change my USB-DVBS2-Receiver, because I like the overall build quality of the TBS devices...

But 7.95 builds with TBS included for my NUC would ease the pain a bit :D

• Uploaded 1.64
    - change/updated Digital Device back to main repo -> major upgrade (support for some v2 cards)
    - updated ljalves-cc to latest
    - updated tbs-oss to latest

Hi CrazyCat,

First of all big thanks for all your effort; I bought a TBS 5990 on a bit of a whim foolishly thinking USB DVB support would be a given... :/.

If i build the driver set (using Raspbian minimal) from the latest branch on RPi2/3 it builds fine and loads modules / firmware for the TBS 5990.

However if I install LibreElec with Dvb support and select Ljalves-cc my tuner isn't detected. Is this because it's ARM?

Apologies if this has been asked before; I vaguely remember seeing a post but couldn't find it.

Thanks again for all your hard work

Alex

• Ah ok! I'll try both when I get in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've tried each Driver branch and no luck... I've got PasteBins for each! :huh:
    Official TBS:NMON CrazyCat-CCfNVD MediabuildPEWJ

Just to confirm; I've compiled from source under Raspbian so i know the tuner and drivers are all good!

Thanks in advance!

Alex

• ljalves-cc Identified as TurboSight TBS 5990 (card=25) and then it crashes - iirc there is some v2 or something of this device that didn't work (could you have a look at the box if there is something printed on)?

tbs official: TBS 5990 is supported Home · tbsdtv/linux_media Wiki · GitHub but didn't show up - are you sure that that it was selected correctly ? because it didn't showed up in the dmesg

• Hummm; there's nothing on the device or the box. I'll double check with each branch and I might also try with a better power supply? That might be causing issues tho it didnt on Raspbian.

Thanks again for your time!

[hr]

ljalves-cc Identified as TurboSight TBS 5990 (card=25) and then it crashes - iirc there is some v2 or something of this device that didn't work (could you have a look at the box if there is something printed on)?

tbs official: TBS 5990 is supported Home · tbsdtv/linux_media Wiki · GitHub but didn't show up - are you sure that that it was selected correctly ? because it didn't showed up in the dmesg

I've tried a couple different power supplies; and tried a RPi2 just to check... Can still only get the TBS 5990 recoginised with ljalves-cc, and it crashes every time.

I'll load raspbian tomorrow night and try compiling the official TBS Drivers just to confirm they should work too :/

Cheers!

Alex

Edited once, last by Alxscott (September 14, 2016 at 10:02 PM).

• ljalves-cc Identified as TurboSight TBS 5990 (card=25) and then it crashes - iirc there is some v2 or something of this device that didn't work (could you have a look at the box if there is something printed on)?

Good to see some talk about the TBS5990.

Just letting you know I'm pretty sure the ljalves media build won't be a fully working driver for tbs5990 yet, it's unfinished unless he's pulled crazycat's latest into his distro , his is different I think unfinished, if someone else knows any better?

CvH crazycat's latest media_build however does completely work 100% with options bulk_transfer=0 (needs this for even decryption or you get the pic doesn't come through)
    I have been running this tbs5990 driver setup on complete server w/ tvheadend running doing multi decryption and serving 3 kodi clients for about the last 2 weeks. So it works

I'm not sure of the process from here, does it then get made into named "tbs5990.c" source/module before you can compile it across to LibreELEC ? it's missing the remote side of it also, unless you can do that separately for the rc-6 remote that comes with it. :) (the unit also has a very effective IR Reciever in it that works very well w/ a good MCE remote)

Edited once, last by highkick05 (September 15, 2016 at 11:36 AM).

• Good to see some talk about the TBS5990.

Just letting you know I'm pretty sure the ljalves media build won't be a fully working driver for tbs5990 yet, it's unfinished unless he's pulled crazycat's latest into his distro , his is different I think unfinished, if someone else knows any better?

CvH crazycat's latest media_build however does completely work 100% with options bulk_transfer=0 (needs this for even decryption or you get the pic doesn't come through)
    I have been running this tbs5990 driver setup on complete server w/ tvheadend running doing multi decryption and serving 3 kodi clients for about the last 2 weeks. So it works

I'm not sure of the process from here, does it then get made into named "tbs5990.c" source/module before you can compile it across to LibreELEC ? it's missing the remote side of it also, unless you can do that separately for the rc-6 remote that comes with it. :) (very effective IR Reciever w/ a good MCE remote)

Errr... what he said! :)

If I get chance between wife and new born tonight I'll compile both CvH latest branch and TBS Opensource and post dmesg output... that may shed some light?

Alex