Posts by Alxscott

Tried latest Nightly on Orange Pi 3... Played local media perfectly; however unable to connect to Kodi Add-on / Update? Presume upstream issue as able to ping Google via ssh session.

UPDATE: Captured the following from the logfile... Its a Repo issue....

Good to see some talk about the TBS5990.

Just letting you know I'm pretty sure the ljalves media build won't be a fully working driver for tbs5990 yet, it's unfinished unless he's pulled crazycat's latest into his distro , his is different I think unfinished, if someone else knows any better?

CvH crazycat's latest media_build however does completely work 100% with options bulk_transfer=0 (needs this for even decryption or you get the pic doesn't come through)
    I have been running this tbs5990 driver setup on complete server w/ tvheadend running doing multi decryption and serving 3 kodi clients for about the last 2 weeks. So it works

I'm not sure of the process from here, does it then get made into named "tbs5990.c" source/module before you can compile it across to LibreELEC ? it's missing the remote side of it also, unless you can do that separately for the rc-6 remote that comes with it. :) (very effective IR Reciever w/ a good MCE remote)

Errr... what he said! :)

If I get chance between wife and new born tonight I'll compile both CvH latest branch and TBS Opensource and post dmesg output... that may shed some light?

Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hummm; there's nothing on the device or the box. I'll double check with each branch and I might also try with a better power supply? That might be causing issues tho it didnt on Raspbian.

Thanks again for your time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    [hr]

ljalves-cc Identified as TurboSight TBS 5990 (card=25) and then it crashes - iirc there is some v2 or something of this device that didn't work (could you have a look at the box if there is something printed on)?

tbs official: TBS 5990 is supported Home · tbsdtv/linux_media Wiki · GitHub but didn't show up - are you sure that that it was selected correctly ? because it didn't showed up in the dmesg

I've tried a couple different power supplies; and tried a RPi2 just to check... Can still only get the TBS 5990 recoginised with ljalves-cc, and it crashes every time.

I'll load raspbian tomorrow night and try compiling the official TBS Drivers just to confirm they should work too :/

Cheers!

Alex

Uploaded 1.64
    - change/updated Digital Device back to main repo -> major upgrade (support for some v2 cards)
    - updated ljalves-cc to latest
    - updated tbs-oss to latest

Hi CrazyCat,

First of all big thanks for all your effort; I bought a TBS 5990 on a bit of a whim foolishly thinking USB DVB support would be a given... :/.

If i build the driver set (using Raspbian minimal) from the latest branch on RPi2/3 it builds fine and loads modules / firmware for the TBS 5990.

However if I install LibreElec with Dvb support and select Ljalves-cc my tuner isn't detected. Is this because it's ARM?

Apologies if this has been asked before; I vaguely remember seeing a post but couldn't find it.

Thanks again for all your hard work

Alex