LibreELEC 8.x images for additional dvb drivers

• Its likely somehow broken, you could try to boot LE with the HW it runs at Debian - if it works there the LE side should be okay.

It works on my HTPC with LE alpha 009:

here
    I've managed to display boot messages with the same board on my RPi

here

Edited once, last by iashok (December 18, 2018 at 12:23 AM).

• I've managed to display boot messages with the same board on my RPi

the driver crashed (line 867) - no idea whats wrong

you can open an issue at Issues · tbsdtv/linux_media · GitHub or maybe crazycat can help

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I have no knowledge if the drivers are broken or if they just don't work at some architectures.

Alternatively get some Digibiot R1 or Xoro 8100 and just plug it into the network. There are no drivers needed and they "just work".

I hope that someone has exactly the same working tuner with Amlogic device :)

I was thinking about network tuner as Digibit R1, because I've seen your posts somewhere here in the forum that works flawlessly with Libreelec and TVHeadend.But the problem is that I need tuner mainly for Cable(DVB-C) and Antena(DVB-T/T2), because I have no dish yet.Just leaving an option for satellite, because after couple months I'll moving in new home with perfect "dish" view

Thanks for your help again.

• Hello.

I get absolutely no joy from a w_scan with either driver pack with the USB Xbox One dongle. Is that a known thing? I read the Xbox One dongle will only work with kernal 4.16... not sure if that applies with these driver packs.

Either way, it's absolutely dead.

edit CvH: fixed at other thread

• I hope that someone has exactly the same working tuner with Amlogic device :)

I was thinking about network tuner as Digibit R1, because I've seen your posts somewhere here in the forum that works flawlessly with Libreelec and TVHeadend.But the problem is that I need tuner mainly for Cable(DVB-C) and Antena(DVB-T/T2), because I have no dish yet.Just leaving an option for satellite, because after couple months I'll moving in new home with perfect "dish" view

Thanks for your help again.

HDHomerun dual or quad as network tuners integrate well with LE/Tvheadend. Homerun device will do either DVB-C or DVB-T/T2.

If you need both then get two HDHomerun devices .... one for DVB-C and the other for DVB-T/T2.

I have both Digibit R1 and HdHomeRun quad (DVB-T) working well.

• Hello,

thank you for the great job done.

i have XBOX ONE DVB-T dongle which is working fine on LibreELEC 8.2.5 and TvHeadEnd 4.2. on my tronsmart telos android box (Amlogic s905)

i'm now trying to upgrade to LibreELEC 9.0 and i tried several releases up to latest (semi official) 8.95.002 but no luck as the tv adapter is no longer beeing recognized, so maybe it could be a driver issue i suppose rather than a TvHeadEnd issue.

i tried to switch between all available options in drivers addon, so both "LE default drivers" and "DVB drivers from the latest kernel", whic are the only 2 options i can see, but again no luck.

reading between libreELEC forum threads, i saw that for previous LE releases, the magic in the paste, was done by CrazyCat drivers (by CvH), does this could mean that driver will no longer be available for LE 9.0 or maybe in a close future it will be?

many thanks

• All our releases (besides Wetek Core and Play1) have still the crazy cat drivers shipped. Pls have a look at the announcement at libreelec.tv there it is described how it works. You need to activate it at the driver chooser addon.

thanks for your reply. i already checked the information at post #1 and also watch the video but the only options i see in the "LibreELEC Module Drivers" AddOn are the following:

and i tried both of them but still after rebooting no adapters:

wile with 8.2.5 image they were shown.

that's why i was wondering if in the image "LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.95.002.img.gz" those drivers were not included or if i was missing something. Anyway just to double check, is this the procedure to "activate" the drivers you were referring to, right? can i check something else?

thanks

• nope thats what I mean, but dmesg | paste might help here (enter via ssh)

best case if you can enter it at an working and a not working state and post both links here

maybe the driver is crashing for some reason, this is shown at dmesg pretty nice

the dongle seems recognized in one case not in the other one, but not very clear to me :blush: :

by the way usb port and the overall configuration is exaclty the same, in both cases loading LE via SD, the only difference is LE image.

thanks again for your time

dmesg_logs.zip

• hmm thats 2 different systems/iamges in use so i guess the driver is not there/working ?

yes, right, the working one is Kszaq legacy's image from wrxtasy (8.2.5) while the not "recognizing" one is 8.95.002.

Searching between forum(s) i found here kodi.tv #4899 and here OE 8.95.2 some links betwee CrazyCat drivers and Xbox One Tuner

so i thought it was included in 8.95.002 image and only to switch on by the addon, isn't so? if not is there any way activate it in 8.95.002 (or any key post to learn hot to)? thx

• i prefer to stick with LE :)

by the way I had more time to investigate today and:

• changing dtb.img
    • switching to "DVB drivers from the latest kernel" in libreelec driver addon

i can see crazycat mentioned in dmesg | paste log.

maybe the message "no frontend was attached by 'Microsoft Xbox One Digital TV Tuner'" could lead to the issue?

here the differences between working ad not working image

working:

[ 13.792219@2] dvb-usb: found a 'Microsoft Xbox One Digital TV Tuner' in cold state, will try to load a firmware

[ 13.794795@2] dvb-usb: downloading firmware from file 'dvb-usb-dib0700-1.20.fw'

[ 14.651395@2] dvb-usb: found a 'Microsoft Xbox One Digital TV Tuner' in warm state.

[ 14.653353@3] dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software demuxer.

[ 14.653504@3] dvbdev: DVB: registering new adapter (Microsoft Xbox One Digital TV Tuner)

[ 14.653518@3] usb 1-1.2: media controller created

[ 14.654424@3] dvbdev: dvb_create_media_entity: media entity 'dvb-demux' registered.

[ 14.859298@2] mn88472 1-0018: Panasonic MN88472 successfully identified

[ 14.896425@2] tda18250 1-0060: NXP TDA18250BHN/M successfully identified

[ 14.898710@2] usb 1-1.2: DVB: registering adapter 0 frontend 0 (Panasonic MN88472)...

[ 14.898738@2] dvbdev: dvb_create_media_entity: media entity 'Panasonic MN88472' registered.

[ 14.899709@3] dvb-usb: Microsoft Xbox One Digital TV Tuner successfully initialized and connected.

[ 14.900102@3] usbcore: registered new interface driver dvb_usb_dib0700

[ 20.385416@2] mn88472 1-0018: downloading firmware from file 'dvb-demod-mn88472-02.fw'

[ 20.544658@1] usb 1-1.2: DVB: adapter 0 frontend 0 frequency 0 out of range (42000000..870000000)

not working http://ix.io/1yCW:(

[ 11.907497@0] kernel-overlays-setup: processing conf /storage/.cache/kernel-overlays/50-driver.dvb.crazycat_aml.conf

[ 11.951258@0] kernel-overlays-setup: added modules from /usr/lib/kernel-overlays/driver.dvb.crazycat_aml/lib/modules/3.14.29

[ 15.563611@2] dvb-usb: found a 'Microsoft Xbox One Digital TV Tuner' in warm state.

[ 15.574307@2] dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software demuxer.

[ 15.576193@2] dvbdev: DVB: registering new adapter (Microsoft Xbox One Digital TV Tuner)

[ 15.576217@2] usb 1-1.2: media controller created

[ 15.577230@2] dvbdev: dvb_create_media_entity: media entity 'dvb-demux' registered.

[ 15.796212@2] mn88472 1-0018: Panasonic MN88472 successfully identified

[ 15.820927@1] dvb-usb: no frontend was attached by 'Microsoft Xbox One Digital TV Tuner'

[ 15.820940@1] dvb-usb: Microsoft Xbox One Digital TV Tuner successfully initialized and connected.

[ 15.823354@3] usbcore: registered new interface driver dvb_usb_dib0700

?(.... if any idea, very appreciate, thx