LibreELEC 8.x images for additional dvb drivers

• TBS 5922SE on rpi2 works fine. great job

Hi Guys,
    johnyor, Did you do any additional steps after install the image? I just run LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.0.0 on my RPi2 and system does not see my TBS5922SE.
    I played also with file dvb-drivers.txt like it was suggested in this thread but without luck.

For any hints, big thanks.

• Go to the dvb drivers addon and activate ljalves drivers (should reboots directly afterwards)

It was before CvH published his images for RPi with dvb-drivers. Now you can download it from him. He prepared everything.
    hen like he said, you have to open dvb drivers addon and activate ljalves, after reboot you can run 'dmesg' command in terminal to verify if you see TBS card.

• Is now (hopefully) supported - just update to my 7.0.0 images and they should work (nothing to setup at the addon) - pls test if they do. If you want't to get them to official kernel pls try and report back if this work.

Unfortunately not:

lsusb gives me:

Code
    Bus 001 Device 005: ID 0ccd:0102 TerraTec Electronic GmbH

modinfo dvb-usb-dw2102.ko gives me:

dmesg shows no DVB-Adapter

Am I correct with the assumption that I have to use the media_build drivers?

• - added latest Digitial Device drivers (much more up to date then the OE/LE included one) - they compile no idea if they work

Great!

Unfortunately the drivers do not load because of modversion 4.4.0-20 instead of needed 4.4.7.

• now you have choosen media_build you need to remove the dvb-driver.txt from your download folder and reboot - then you have the normale kernel drivers (where the patch is in)

Aaah, got it

Now i got this:

Code
    dmesg | grep -i dvb
    [    7.012164] dvb-usb: found a 'Terratec Cinergy S2 USB HD Rev.3' in warm state.
    [    7.016447] dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software demuxer.
    [    7.016984] DVB: registering new adapter (Terratec Cinergy S2 USB HD Rev.3)
    [    7.028582] dvb-usb: MAC address: ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
    [    7.480724] usb 1-2.2: DVB: registering adapter 0 frontend 0 (Montage Technology DS3000)...
    [    7.517368] input: IR-receiver inside an USB DVB receiver as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:04.1/usb1/1-2/1-2.2/rc/rc1/input10
    [    7.518680] rc1: IR-receiver inside an USB DVB receiver as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:04.1/usb1/1-2/1-2.2/rc/rc1
    [    7.518696] dvb-usb: schedule remote query interval to 150 msecs.
    [    7.518723] dvb-usb: Terratec Cinergy S2 USB HD Rev.3 successfully initialized and connected.

So the Stick is recognized and the driver seems to work:

Code
    lsmod | grep -i dvb
    dvb_usb_dw2102         50691  0
    dvb_usb                13916  1 dvb_usb_dw2102
    dvb_core               72279  2 dvb_usb,dvb_usb_dw2102
    rc_core                14638  18 ir_sharp_decoder,ir_xmp_decoder,lirc_dev,ir_lirc_codec,ir_rc5_decoder,dvb_usb,ir_nec_decoder,ir_sony_decoder,mceusb,ir_mce_kbd_decoder,rc_su3000,ir_jvc_decoder,ir_rc6_decoder,dvb_usb_dw2102,ir_sanyo_decoder,rc_rc6_mce

I keep you updated with my progress, thanks, great work

Edit:

I can tune with my Stick and even stream to clients using VLC with HTS Tvheadend 4.1.1928 ~ LibreELEC Tvh-addon v7.0.101 . So the Stick is working.
    But I cannot use it within KODI. Every time when i want to activate it in Settings -> TV it argues about lack of PVR-Support

In LibreElec Repository there is only a Tvheadend HTSP Client availiable with version 2.2.15, but this does not even start. When I activate it, it automatically gets deactivated. I have the feeling that there is messed up sth. ..

Edited once, last by habee (April 29, 2016 at 11:30 PM).

• It was before CvH published his images for RPi with dvb-drivers. Now you can download it from him. He prepared everything.
    hen like he said, you have to open dvb drivers addon and activate ljalves, after reboot you can run 'dmesg' command in terminal to verify if you see TBS card.

Thanks, my fault, somehow I installed version without additional drivers.
    BTW I can not see in tvheadend (Web interface) tab for CAs settings for setting up communication between oscam and tvheadend. Is it now in new version integrated with the code and we do not need worry about setting it up?

• Thanks, my fault, somehow I installed version without additional drivers.
    BTW I can not see in tvheadend (Web interface) tab for CAs settings for setting up communication between oscam and tvheadend. Is it now in new version integrated with the code and we do not need worry about setting it up?

I haven't had time yet for trying oscam. If you figure it out, let me know.

• You need to change the viewlevel in Tvheadend from advanced to expert.

Yes, i thought that it can be under Expert view. I played with Expert view for some tabs but even i changed it to Expert Mode still can not find CAs tab.
    It is little bit confused, there is actually functionality on the almost every tab to set up view to Expert but i could not to find right one to get CAs tab.

For now i came back to tvheadend 4.0 to test my RPi3, but i am not sure if there is implemented transcoding. Could you confirm it, please.

• It is little bit confused, there is actually functionality on the almost every tab to set up view to Expert but i could not to find right one to get CAs tab.

is it a bit confusing, go to settings -> general -> there is a viewlevel for the whole tvheadend -> the ca tab only pops up if expert is used (I open a ticket at Tvh - current situation isn't that nice)

but i am not sure if there is implemented transcoding

There is no transcoding for RPi, all ARM powered devices didn't have enough cpu power to do this.

• is it a bit confusing, go to settings -> general -> there is a viewlevel for the whole tvheadend -> the ca tab only pops up if expert is used (I open a ticket at Tvh - current situation isn't that nice)

There is no transcoding for RPi, all ARM powered devices didn't have enough cpu power to do this.

Even I change view level on settings -> general to Expert and hit Save button it is not displaying CAs tab. After refresh page or reboot device log level is again coming back to Advanced. So it looks like view level changes are not saved on save event. Maybe it can be worth to mention to tvheadend team if you have already opened ticket.

In the past I have run transcoding stream from enigma2 box using vlc on RPi2 but output stream for SD channels was little bit chopped. So I thought that RPi3 can do the job. But you're right I forgot that it was only SD channels for HD it must need much more power. Do you know what is the minimum expectation for HD transcoding?

UPDATE
    If somebody has the same problem with tvheadend 4.2, it means can not switch to Expert view to get additional CAs tab. The solution is to set up Expert View in config file as default. To do it go to config file in /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadend42 and change value for variable "uilevel" to 2. After reboot device you should see CAs tab.

Edited once, last by emirr (May 4, 2016 at 1:04 PM).

• Just wanted to thanks a lot to CvH and LE team.
    I made a new install yesterday of cvh v 7.0.0 and my tbs 6280 tuner just well reconized and tvheadend working.
    Congratulations for this very easy solution for tbs owners.
    All is working like a charm on my intel platform.
    Thanks a lot , hello LE, and bye bye OE ....