LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

• Build RR-20190912-8a7c8af | uploaded for Generic & RPi2/3 | Index of /nightly/

• updated to latest LE 9.80
    • updated Generic & RPi Linux kernel to 5.2.13
    • updated mesa to 19.2.0-rc3
    • updated Retroarch to 1.7.8 (v3)
    • added bsnes HD core for Generic builds
    • dropped mupen64plus-libretro -> replaced by mupen64plus-nx
    • dropped fsuae-libretro -> use libretro-uae or FS-UAE
    • updated several libretro-cores
    • updated ppsspp v1.9.0-dev for all platforms
    • updated citra & dolphin

Same permission issue as the previous nightlies uploads.... fix it to let us download it, thank you

• Today I noticed an issue with ppsspp. Dont know when the issue came up because I didnt play any psp games for a while.

Always the first game I start with ppsspp the screen is in the left top corner. All further starts are normal. Just the first start after booting the system is affected. I tested with different games.

I attach the log files, hope those are the correct ones.

log-2019-09-13-16.03.29.zip

• jaykass

Have a look at my latest changes in dev-rr branch and see if you can build and run Qt now. My changes were primary ment for lima & panfrost but should fix your mesa related problems too. At least I was able to compile AMLGX with lima/panfrost & all of my packages including Qt but neither SDL2 nor Qt can properly pick up the KMS/DRI device... well I guess the driver needs some fixing then. But the RPi4 driver should be in way better shape.

• Got a question for everyone when I bring up the retro arch Desktop GUI I am unable to navigate with a keyboard and mouse, I can see cursor movement but that’s about all I am able to get, mouse clicks are not registered and I am unable to navigate via the keyboard. I’ve tried numerous different keyboards and mice but yet still no dice. Do I have a driver set wrong? I’ve seen this issue on the retro arch forums but as of yet have been unable to find a solution. Thanks in advance.

• jaykass

Have a look at my latest changes in dev-rr branch and see if you can build and run Qt now. My changes were primary ment for lima & panfrost but should fix your mesa related problems too. At least I was able to compile AMLGX with lima/panfrost & all of my packages including Qt but neither SDL2 nor Qt can properly pick up the KMS/DRI device... well I guess the driver needs some fixing then. But the RPi4 driver should be in way better shape.

Cool. Hopefully, I can check it out soon.

• Today I noticed an issue with ppsspp. Dont know when the issue came up because I didnt play any psp games for a while.

Always the first game I start with ppsspp the screen is in the left top corner. All further starts are normal. Just the first start after booting the system is affected. I tested with different games.

I attach the log files, hope those are the correct ones.

log-2019-09-13-16.03.29.zip

Issues · hrydgard/ppsspp · GitHub

• Do I have to delete my retroarch config file before updating too?

You don't have to but it makes sense if you run sometime into trouble with some cores. The ES & RA config files are user adjustable so I can't just overwrite them without resetting your personal settings.

• Got a question for everyone when I bring up the retro arch Desktop GUI I am unable to navigate with a keyboard and mouse, I can see cursor movement but that’s about all I am able to get, mouse clicks are not registered and I am unable to navigate via the keyboard. I’ve tried numerous different keyboards and mice but yet still no dice. Do I have a driver set wrong? I’ve seen this issue on the retro arch forums but as of yet have been unable to find a solution. Thanks in advance.

Yes it looks like it's somewhat broken... I haven't looked into it since it worked in the past and it only freezes once you clicked on the window of the welcome message. I guess it's a Retroarch bug and needs some fixing then /shrug But since it only works in non-KMS mode it's more of a gimmick than an important feature.

EDIT:
    I guess I figured it out... the welcome screen implementation looks somewhat broken... because it locks the qt based menu while you technically could alt+tab back to XMB. Edit the file below in your Retroarch config folder, so copy paste, and try again if you're able to use WIMP.

Code: retroarch_qt.cfg
    [General]
    theme=dark
    show_welcome_screen=false

In general you'll still run into trouble once a window or notification opens. Well maybe it's a Qt bug but most likely a Retroarch fault because other Qt based programs run fine.

• Yes it looks like it's somewhat broken... I haven't looked into it since it worked in the past and it only freezes once you clicked on the window of the welcome message. I guess it's a Retroarch bug and needs some fixing then /shrug But since it only works in non-KMS mode it's more of a gimmick than an important feature.

EDIT:
    I guess I figured it out... the welcome screen implementation looks somewhat broken... because it locks the qt based menu while you technically could alt+tab back to XMB. Edit the file below in your Retroarch config folder, so copy paste, and try again if you're able to use WIMP.

Code: retroarch_qt.cfg
    [General]
    theme=dark
    show_welcome_screen=false

In general you'll still run into trouble once a window or notification opens. Well maybe it's a Qt bug but most likely a Retroarch fault because other Qt based programs run fine.