LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

• All games fail ,pal and ntsc.

Well I ran some tests and wasn't able to find any problem. :/ Here is a log of my somewhat similar workstation system so Intel i7+ Nvidia GTX card, same driver, same game.

Have you altered the PCSX2 config files in any way? Can you try to delete the PCSX2 config directory, update to the last build again to have some clean base config files? Well and make some copies of your memcards folder in case you have some savegames.

• Could be the -fullboot option I had to remove this from es_systems.cfg to get some games to work. From the PCSX2 menu you can also select full or fast to run the game.

Possible but some games need the full boot option to allow language selection for example. I guess this is somewhat individual but it works here on quite similar systems flawless. :/

• Is the Version from 23.4. the latest Version? Because it shows me only that Version, when I update.

If there is a later Version, how can I get it?

I set update to manual and the update channel to yours fgrom the FAQ.

• Could be the -fullboot option I had to remove this from es_systems.cfg to get some games to work. From the PCSX2 menu you can also select full or fast to run the game.

Thanks , removing the -fullboot option, did the trick!

Running Pal and ntsc iso's without any problem

• Is the Version from 23.4. the latest Version? Because it shows me only that Version, when I update.

If there is a later Version, how can I get it?

I set update to manual and the update channel to yours fgrom the FAQ.

Well... there is a whole section with changelogs & links to the builds of the past LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ] and surprise surprise Index of /nightly/ which I posted about 4-5 posts before you asked the first time. ;)

Before I nuke my current instal, does this work on the pi 4B?

I have no RPi4 so I can't really build & test images for one. Also the support is actually right WIP since it uses a VideoCore VI with mesa3d. It will take some time until libretro cores have been updated & stop using old vendor blob stuff.

Thanks , removing the -fullboot option, did the trick!

Running Pal and ntsc iso's without any problem

I guess I add this to the FAQ then. The problem is if you boot games without you can't select the language or else but still a bit strange that it fails to run for you while it works flawless here /shrug

• Well... there is a whole section with changelogs & links to the builds of the past LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ] and surprise surprise Index of /nightly/ which I posted about 4-5 posts before you asked the first time. ;)

I have no RPi4 so I can't really build & test images for one. Also the support is actually right WIP since it uses a VideoCore VI with mesa3d. It will take some time until libretro cores have been updated & stop using old vendor blob stuff.

I guess I add this to the FAQ then. The problem is if you boot games without you can't select the language or else but still a bit strange that it fails to run for you while it works flawless here /shrug

I don't understand if "testing" and/or "nightly" repos could be used as continuation of "stable" one (in this case, I don't understand the meaning of the new branches), or if it's better we wait for a future stable release. Thank you.

• I have no RPi4 so I can't really build & test images for one. Also the support is actually right WIP since it uses a VideoCore VI with mesa3d. It will take some time until libretro cores have been updated & stop using old vendor blob stuff.

I attempted to build an image for a Pi 4 last night and surprisingly only about 7-10 packages did not build. I have not tested to see if anything runs yet as I want to get everything building before I even test it.

For a first attempt and no changes being made, it seems quite promising. I will work with you on a Pi 4 image if you have time/interest in building it.

Edit: just noticed MagicSeb posted a pi4 build with retroarch.

• I don't understand if "testing" and/or "nightly" repos could be used as continuation of "stable" one (in this case, I don't understand the meaning of the new branches), or if it's better we wait for a future stable release. Thank you.

They are mostly as stable as the older stable builds ;) I didn't update the update channel because after LE 9.0 Amlogic_Legacy was dropped and once the "new" Amlogic is entirely functional I add them back. Kernel 5.2 should be merged soon and then I will / have to update the whole updater / FAQ / emulation stuff describtion. As long as you use a Generic build or RPi it should not matter for you.

• I attempted to build an image for a Pi 4 last night and surprisingly only about 7-10 packages did not build. I have not tested to see if anything runs yet as I want to get everything building before I even test it.

For a first attempt and no changes being made, it seems quite promising. I will work with you on a Pi 4 image if you have time/interest in building it.

Edit: just noticed MagicSeb posted a pi4 build with retroarch.

The RPi4 support has been added for many libretro cores as far as I can say but right now LE does not use mainline kernel for RPi4 & some packages will need adjustments for the mesa VC4 driver. Anyway after the late happenings / heat problems & faulty USB-C I guess I'll wait some time until I get one.

• I noticed that there's a new feature of MakeMKV - LibreDrive. I wonder if it can be used in MakeMKV in LE. Of course you need a supported drive first. LibreDrive is required to play UHD discs with MakeMKV. Also I found a region A Blu-ray that won't play for me probably due to revoked key in my current drive. So I I'm looking for a new drive. If LibreDrive can be used under LE I'll get a drive that's supported, because then there won't be any more issues with revoked keys.

• as i just put in the main LibreElec bug report thier alpha build image for the Pi 4 seems to have an issue "Crashing" on boot atleast under what i see on my config of the 4GB Model and over composite out (the 4's haveto specifically have a second line added in the config.txt for later ref 5schatten because of the new clock changes, enabling it reduces slightly system performance of how it hasto be precisly controlled)

that extra line being is "enable_tvout" 0 for disable (default) 1 for enable

as for raspbian buster which is a huge WIP it seems, the raspi-config tool atm only allows 256mb to be set for GPU where i see someone mention you could set as much as 512MB manually. if i come across more info or get to play w/ more stable Rpi4 offical libre builds i'll report back, (and again i'm willing to be a guinea pig for test builds) (im actually itching to see if Emteria Android gets support as the newer Videocore GPU and extra Ram would make Android a easier experience on the Pi since OpenGApps made it a Nightmare!)

and something to note thats going around on the official raspberry pi forums. when 4k HDMI support is enabled, temps rise dramatically, if you make any builds, early ones should have it disabled w/ some way to notify the user "Enabling 4k support will cause higher temps and could cause overheating without adequate cooling, are you sure you want to enable?"

• I have now set the update channel to Index of /nightly/ but it only sees Version 9.0 9.0.1 and 9.0.2.

I installed 9.0.2, but is seems to be vanilla Libreelec as all you additions are now gone.

How can I install the nightlies?

It only shows me the correct Version with th buildnumber to choose, when I use */build/,but not with */nightly/ :(

I have a raspi 3.

• I have now set the update channel to Index of /nightly/ but it only sees Version 9.0 9.0.1 and 9.0.2.

I installed 9.0.2, but is seems to be vanilla Libreelec as all you additions are now gone.

How can I install the nightlies?

It only shows me the correct Version with th buildnumber to choose, when I use */build/,but not with */nightly/ :(

I have a raspi 3.

You have to manually download and install those nightlies.