LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

• Build RR-20190522-5448d50 | Generic testbuild | Index of /testing/nvidia-430.14/

• updated to latest LE 9.x
    • downgraded GCC to 8.3.0 -> otherwise Rockchip Kernel fails to build
    • updated Generic & RPi kernel to 5.1.3
    • updated Nvidia to 430.14
    • updated Mesa to 19.1.0-rc3
    • rewritten kodi-service.sh & functions to increase reliability & verbosity in journalctl/logfiles
    • updated standalone start scripts to make sure config files are in place
    • added Moonlight-Qt v1.0.0 to generic builds -> just run it & should be self explanatory
    • added symlink to Mupen64Plus shader cache directory in config files -> if you experience a blank screen after a Mesa bump delete them and run the standalone version again
    • added lr-fbneo -> will probably replace lr-fbalpha
    • updated PCSX2 Docker image to match the updated Nvidia driver
    • updated several libretro-cores
    • updated citra & dolphin
  • does the new builds works better on rockchip? There was a bug, and i cant restore from backup or copy file to the box...

Systemd handles some file system mount points now differently which lead to some quirks. If you have access to the sdcard filesystem you can copy the new image directly into the .update folder and boot then. Use any Linux live distribution for that and open the filesystem as root for that.

Otherwise just reboot the system a few times it then randomly comes up with the broken image and apply an update then.

Anyway I have to upload a clean build tomorrow first. Otherwise the build should basically work fine. It lacks some refresh rate setting functionality for standalone emulators which I have to implement in some way later.

• but if i want to restore an backup, the system crashes...

A backup of an image or a backup of your settings? The system hangs because of a wrong configured mount file which you can't repair by restoring some settings.

Either you reboot the system several times until it randomly boots up under upload the update or you pull the sdcard and copy the update with a Linux distribution.

Or what do you mean exactly?

• Build RR-20190522-5448d50 | Generic testbuild | Index of /testing/nvidia-430.14/

• updated to latest LE 9.x
    • downgraded GCC to 8.3.0 -> otherwise Rockchip Kernel fails to build
    • updated Generic & RPi kernel to 5.1.3
    • updated Nvidia to 430.14
    • updated Mesa to 19.1.0-rc3
    • rewritten kodi-service.sh & functions to increase reliability & verbosity in journalctl/logfiles
    • updated standalone start scripts to make sure config files are in place
    • added Moonlight-Qt v1.0.0 to generic builds -> just run it & should be self explanatory
    • added symlink to Mupen64Plus shader cache directory in config files -> if you experience a blank screen after a Mesa bump delete them and run the standalone version again
    • added lr-fbneo -> will probably replace lr-fbalpha
    • updated PCSX2 Docker image to match the updated Nvidia driver
    • updated several libretro-cores
    • updated citra & dolphin

Hi updating from build RR-20190423-716b9f8 to Build RR-20190522-5448d50 i can't pair my PS3 controllers anymore on my NUC7i5BNH.

I know this is a testbuild but just want to let you know.

Reverting to RR-20190423-716b9f8 pairing PS3 dualshock controllers is working.

Thank you for the testbuild.

• Hi updating from build RR-20190423-716b9f8 to Build RR-20190522-5448d50 i can't pair my PS3 controllers anymore on my NUC7i5BNH.

I know this is a testbuild but just want to let you know.

Reverting to RR-20190423-716b9f8 pairing PS3 dualshock controllers is working.

Thank you for the testbuild.

Well they don't connect if you've paired them with an older build or you can't pair them at all, so even if you've deleted the old pair entry and "repair" then?

Can you provide logs? Maybe the Kernel bump has broken something/shrug

• Well they don't connect if you've paired them with an older build or you can't pair them at all, so even if you've deleted the old pair entry and "repair" then?

Can you provide logs? Maybe the Kernel bump has broken something/shrug

I can pair them with your build from 20190423

But not in latest testbuild 20190522.

What log do you need?

• I can pair them with your build from 20190423

But not in latest testbuild 20190522.

What log do you need?

Update to the latest build & reboot your system to clean all logs. Enable debug logging for Kodi.

1. try to connect your controller that was paired before -> grab the logfile.zip in logfiles

2. reboot again & delete the paired controller

3. try to pair the controller again -> grab the logfile.zip in logfiles

This should provide an overview what could be wrong at the pairing & connecting state. The logfiles zips are needed because several logfiles contain information what's going on, the LibreELEC-Settings addon will probably log to Kodi while dmesg maybe give some information what's wrong on a lower level.

• FBAlpha is dead, FBneo will be the active branch, all the people working on alpha have moved on after what Barry did :)

Related to Capcom arcade stick?

Capcom Home Arcade stick using FB Alpha Emulation

It's just for the record because once fbalpha is dropped the old es_systems.cfg files will point to an emulator that won't be included anymore.

I pointed out that the core-info file was missing & should be fixed now [Missing] add core info file for FBNeo · Issue #13 · libretro/libretro-core-info · GitHub also the db files now list fbneo FBAlphaFB to FBNeo · libretro/libretro-database@05e9ff9 · GitHub so in future releases it's probably safe to drop the old fbalpha core.

• Been trying to work this out for what seems like an eternity but its probably only been a few weeks but with the emulationstation front end how do I get the doom port (prboom) to show up with my other emulators and stand alone games? Ive been looking but cant seem to find a straight forward answer. thanks for your help

• Been trying to work this out for what seems like an eternity but its probably only been a few weeks but with the emulationstation front end how do I get the doom port (prboom) to show up with my other emulators and stand alone games? Ive been looking but cant seem to find a straight forward answer. thanks for your help

Create a Doom or Doom2 directory in /storage/roms/proboom & place the doom.wad or doom2.wad in the matching directory. The normally it show up in ES. It's a somewhat hacky additions I made otherwise just use Retroarch & scan the proboom directory to start them. You can also google for "Roland SC-55 Music Packs" if you want to play Doom with the original soundtrack sampled from the MIDI files.

• ive got it in there named correcrly it just wont launch from emulationstation, It will launch from retroarch though. When I look at the Log it throws a non zero error 215 i think Im gonna pull the log and post a link to it here if that helps.

• Turns out its an error 512, here is the log file:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Turns out its an error 512, here is the log file:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It should look like:

Code
    lvl2:     Attempting to launch game...
    lvl2:         /bin/sh -C /storage/roms/prboom/Doom.sh
    lvl2:     Creating surface...
    lvl2:     Created window successfully.

rename the .wad files to lower case so doom2.wad & make sure your Doom entry in es_systems.cfg looks like this:

Code
    <system>
    <fullname>PrBoom</fullname>
    <name>prboom</name>
    <path>/storage/roms/prboom</path>
    <extension>.sh</extension>
    <command>/bin/sh -C %ROM%</command>
    <platform>pc</platform>
    <theme>prboom</theme>
    </system>

The point is that you do not start the .wad files directly because otherwise ES would list the game & prboom wad. Once a matching doom.wad is found a function creates symlinks to doom.sh script files that launch the game then. So long story short make sure you place the files in the correct dirs & revert your changes to es_systems.cfg

PS: it works the same way for Quake ;)