LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

• Hi,

I was expecting some kind of answer telling me to RTFM (OK in more polite words).

But some things are related to this distro/recompilation which are not self explanatory (at least not for newbies).

Most of the things I figured out myself. But for example that you have to DISABLE Fullscreen fpr the PPSSPP Emulator to get Fullscreen was just luck to find out.

However I'm not asking for additional Emus I just wanted to know how they have to be installed (mainly the cores for Retroarch) as it seems that you can't download them in the app itself. Or that you can't start some of the Emulators with a gui (like Dolphin) to do the configuration. You first have to "run" a game and then to pause/exit them. I don't think thats a obvious procedure.

Anyway I'm now lucky with it.

• Build RR-20190221-753d629 is online

• updated to latest LE9.1
    • updated to Kodi 18.1
    • upgraded Generic kernel to 4.19.24 / RPi to 4.19.23
    • updated to mesa-19.0.0-rc5
    • updated to vulkan-loader 1.1.101
    • updated Emulationstation to v2.8.1
    • updated Skyscraper to v3.0.4
    • added rr-config-tool
    • added lr-mupen64plus-nx
    • updated several libretro-cores
    • updated citra & dolphin

I've added a first hacky implementation of a config addon. Check out Addons -> My add-ons -> Services -> RR Configuration to configure the emulation stuff. This will replace the advanced.conf file! If you had trouble with audio output select a proper audio device in this tool, select PulseAudio as backend and disable module-udev-autodetect this should force PulseAudio to use your specific audio device. This solved my Vim (S905X) audio problems so hopefully will be suitable for dedicated gpus and other hardware setups too.

Restart your system if you have selected a new audio device to make sure the new config will be used!

• 5schatten I now was able to test some things. My controller and also accessing the profile folder of dolphin work very well now. Thanks a lot for your changes.

I also tested the pcsx_rearmed core in your build and it has the same pixel graphics as the beetle psx core. So my first thought was its no core issue but a retroarch issue. So I tested another retroarch core and indeed there are the same differents.

In the following picture you can see a screenshot of ppsspp libretro core in your build (top) and a screenshot of ppsspp libretro core on my S905X box (bot):

h6fevtpv.jpg

So as I said my thought was its not an core issue but a retroarch issue. However the ppsspp standalone emulator has the same pixel graphics.. so maybe the issue is anywhere else in my graphic settings?

Another question that I have is: I still try to integrate those apps like chrome, retroarch etc. in my skin. I showed the following quote of your faq to the skin author but he told me that he fist have to get an android box to test libreelec. Then I wondered if its possible to execute those scripts as addons? Because you can easily integrate addons in the main menu of aeon mq7. Furthermore I prefer to have those apps in the same place as my addons instead of having them in my main menu. However I have no clue of those things and its just a question if its possible and if yes how complicated it would be. Maybe you can answer this?

• Well you have to check your Retroarch core settings & increase the internal resolution of your PPSSPP core. That's all. :/

Same goes for PCSX_reARMed. If you run it on an ARM system you can enable the enhancements if it's not an ARM system there is no option for that. And again you could use Beetle PSX & increase the resolution but only if you have a decent CPU as lang as there is no working dynarec on x86-64 CPUs.

But this has nothing to do with this build in particular. I ship PPSSPP, PCSX_reARMED and everything else with default settings and you have to adjust them to your system /shrug

If you want to use custom skins ask the devs how to run custom commands and read the example how it works with Confluence. If you can't create menu entries that run commands in Addons you can't place them there. Also it makes no sense to place it in addons because they are not addons but software that is compiled for and with this image.

• I've added a first hacky implementation of a config addon. Check out Addons -> My add-ons -> Services -> RR Configuration to configure the emulation stuff. This will replace the advanced.conf file! If you had trouble with audio output select a proper audio device in this tool, select PulseAudio as backend and disable module-udev-autodetect this should force PulseAudio to use your specific audio device. This solved my Vim (S905X) audio problems so hopefully will be suitable for dedicated gpus and other hardware setups too.

YESSSSS!

5schatten i did a quick test and i can confirm that this is working on my NUC7i5BNH.

Finally i have sound with my videosnaps in ES!!

This is really great it was the only piece that i was missing in my setup.

Thank you very much for this, your doing really a great job!

Only thing i must test is launching my wii games trough my skin, but i think this is gonna work too now cause PulseAudio is working properly

Thanks!

• 5schatten I'm having some issues with the LE settings addon crashing on a new RPi build, I had a look at the log and this seems to be the issue:

Code
    2019-02-22 20:16:25.367 T:1275585392   ERROR: ## LibreELEC Addon ## oe::load_config ## ERROR: (IOError('file() constructor not accessible in restricted mode',))
    2019-02-22 20:16:25.368 T:1275585392   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                  File "/home/supervisedthinking/le90-rr/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-9.1-devel/LibreELEC-settings-37e206b712a46213522a567a408382f5f082502a/.install_pkg/usr/share/kodi/addons/service.libreelec.settings/oe.py", line 515, in load_config
                                                IOError: file() constructor not accessible in restricted mode
    2019-02-22 20:16:25.368 T:1275585392   ERROR: ## LibreELEC Addon ## oe::read_setting ## ERROR: (AttributeError("'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getElementsByTagName'",))
    2019-02-22 20:16:25.369 T:1275585392   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                  File "/home/supervisedthinking/le90-rr/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-9.1-devel/LibreELEC-settings-37e206b712a46213522a567a408382f5f082502a/.install_pkg/usr/share/kodi/addons/service.libreelec.settings/oe.py", line 597, in read_setting
                                                AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getElementsByTagName'

This looks like something that's related to your build or could this be a more wider bug in LE?

• 5schatten I'm having some issues with the LE settings addon crashing on a new RPi build, I had a look at the log and this seems to be the issue:

Code
    2019-02-22 20:16:25.367 T:1275585392   ERROR: ## LibreELEC Addon ## oe::load_config ## ERROR: (IOError('file() constructor not accessible in restricted mode',))
    2019-02-22 20:16:25.368 T:1275585392   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                  File "/home/supervisedthinking/le90-rr/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-9.1-devel/LibreELEC-settings-37e206b712a46213522a567a408382f5f082502a/.install_pkg/usr/share/kodi/addons/service.libreelec.settings/oe.py", line 515, in load_config
                                                IOError: file() constructor not accessible in restricted mode
    2019-02-22 20:16:25.368 T:1275585392   ERROR: ## LibreELEC Addon ## oe::read_setting ## ERROR: (AttributeError("'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getElementsByTagName'",))
    2019-02-22 20:16:25.369 T:1275585392   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                  File "/home/supervisedthinking/le90-rr/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-9.1-devel/LibreELEC-settings-37e206b712a46213522a567a408382f5f082502a/.install_pkg/usr/share/kodi/addons/service.libreelec.settings/oe.py", line 597, in read_setting
                                                AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getElementsByTagName'

This looks like something that's related to your build or could this be a more wider bug in LE?

Well I did not touch the LE settings addon ://shrug

Does this occur after a reboot too?

Well I guess the audio setup will work properly now. All scripts till load the kodifreeze.sh script so it should work even if you call it straight from Kodi but no promisses since I don't do it that way.

• Well you have to check your Retroarch core settings & increase the internal resolution of your PPSSPP core. That's all. :/

Same goes for PCSX_reARMed. If you run it on an ARM system you can enable the enhancements if it's not an ARM system there is no option for that. And again you could use Beetle PSX & increase the resolution but only if you have a decent CPU as lang as there is no working dynarec on x86-64 CPUs.

But this has nothing to do with this build in particular. I ship PPSSPP, PCSX_reARMED and everything else with default settings and you have to adjust them to your system /shrug

If you want to use custom skins ask the devs how to run custom commands and read the example how it works with Confluence. If you can't create menu entries that run commands in Addons you can't place them there. Also it makes no sense to place it in addons because they are not addons but software that is compiled for and with this image.

You were right. On my S905X box there are options like "Enhanced resolution" which I dont have on my NUC. Too bad. Then all I can do is hoping that they implement that dynamic recompiler. Although I dont understand that I can increase ppsspp's resolution to x5 without having lags while I cant increase beetles resolution to x2..

And I have a new issue <.< I have sound in kodi and no sound in es/while playing. It startet when I updated your build. Then I activated your new config addon and changed audio device from sysdefault to hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=1. Sound was back again. And also in ES for the first time. Even if I dont need it there because I have no videofiles. But nice to have. Anyways I cant remember to change anything. I just switched a few times between my S905X box and my NUC. At some point the audio in ES and while playing was gone.

Here are my log files... https://drive.google.com/open?id=1j_0sz4cfm7aztp7stymsu7zajrrqkl8i

• You were right. On my S905X box there are options like "Enhanced resolution" which I dont have on my NUC. Too bad. Then all I can do is hoping that they implement that dynamic recompiler. Although I dont understand that I can increase ppsspp's resolution to x5 without having lags while I cant increase beetles resolution to x2..

And I have a new issue <.< I have sound in kodi and no sound in es/while playing. It startet when I updated your build. Then I activated your new config addon and changed audio device from sysdefault to hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=1. Sound was back again. And also in ES for the first time. Even if I dont need it there because I have no videofiles. But nice to have. Anyways I cant remember to change anything. I just switched a few times between my S905X box and my NUC. At some point the audio in ES and while playing was gone.

Here are my log files... https://drive.google.com/open?id=1j_0sz4cfm7aztp7stymsu7zajrrqkl8i

Whatever you did you have not selected PulseAudio as backend. This is you log file:

When I run Retroarch & PulseAudio it looks like this:

Code
    [INFO] [PulseAudio]: Requested 24576 bytes buffer, got 18432.
    [INFO] [Menu]: Found menu display driver: "gl".
    [INFO] [Font]: Using font rendering backend: freetype.
    [INFO] [LED]: LED driver = 'null' 0xa3b860
    [INFO] [MIDI]: Initializing ...
    [INFO] [MIDI]: Input disabled.
    [INFO] [MIDI]: Output device "FluidSynth".
    [INFO] [MIDI]: Initialized "alsa" driver.

If you haven't changed anything the sound "shouldn't be gone" at some point. Check you settings and make sure you've selected the right output.

• Well I did not touch the LE settings addon ://shrug

Does this occur after a reboot too?

Yea it's when going down through network connections and then Bluetooth it crashes. I've tried on a fresh install and it's not happening now so must be something with my installation. I've now got a problem where I can't download any addons from the LE repo 🤨

• Whatever you did you have not selected PulseAudio as backend. This is you log file:

When I run Retroarch & PulseAudio it looks like this:

Code
    [INFO] [PulseAudio]: Requested 24576 bytes buffer, got 18432.
    [INFO] [Menu]: Found menu display driver: "gl".
    [INFO] [LED]: LED driver = 'null' 0xa3b860
    [INFO] [MIDI]: Initializing ...
    [INFO] [MIDI]: Input disabled.
    [INFO] [MIDI]: Output device "FluidSynth".
    [INFO] [MIDI]: Initialized "alsa" driver.

If you haven't changed anything the sound "shouldn't be gone" at some point. Check you settings and make sure you've selected the right output.

So what you want me to do is going into RR config and selecting Pulse instead of ALSA, right? I did but that doesn't solve my problem. Still no audio.

• Wow your answer came quickly. Yes I am. I mean in my kodi system audio settings my audio output device is set to

"ALSA: HDA Intel PCH, CTV UHD TV on HDMI #0"

But if I turn on my NUC my tv always show HDMI1 1080P@60Hz in the left corner. Thats why I set it to hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=1 and until yesterday evening this worked. Even with ALSA as backend audio.

PS: But to make sure I also tested DEV=0

• Wow your answer came quickly. Yes I am. I mean in my kodi system audio settings my audio output device is set to

"ALSA: HDA Intel PCH, CTV UHD TV on HDMI #0"

But if I turn on my NUC my tv always show HDMI1 1080P@60Hz in the left corner. Thats why I set it to hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=1 and until yesterday evening this worked. Even with ALSA as backend audio.

PS: But to make sure I also tested DEV=0

You use the wrong device. Your TV signals that you use HDMI1 so the first input of it's HDMI connections. I'm talking about your HDMI outputs and on Linux the numbering starts with 0. So set your output to hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=0 in my addon and reboot your device.