LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

• 5schatten given i need to get off my lazy duff and Just get a USB reader soon (im getting mighty tired of swapping that Mac mini in n out so much) with how you've made the /flash Fat32 partition's FS protected its not possible to make a change remotely say to config.txt thru putty unless you have something in /storage im just not seeing that im bloody well blind too? since before i go n backup my specially partitioned spare SD card for my Rooted Retron5, and use it as a test for the upstream base LE9 to see if the bug is still present, i want to see if manually telling it to set SDTV_Mode=1 (being im in the US / using an NTSC tv) would clear this up and sidestep the issue if it even IS an issue.

• 5schatten given i need to get off my lazy duff and Just get a USB reader soon (im getting mighty tired of swapping that Mac mini in n out so much) with how you've made the /flash Fat32 partition's FS protected its not possible to make a change remotely say to config.txt thru putty unless you have something in /storage im just not seeing that im bloody well blind too? since before i go n backup my specially partitioned spare SD card for my Rooted Retron5, and use it as a test for the upstream base LE9 to see if the bug is still present, i want to see if manually telling it to set SDTV_Mode=1 (being im in the US / using an NTSC tv) would clear this up and sidestep the issue if it even IS an issue.

Raspberry Pi Config.txt [LibreELEC.wiki]

• Thanks again 5schatten. I should have looked closer. Here's my log for one of the games I have. Here's the log for Sonic. What's causing the Bus Error? How do I fix it? Thank you.

Just a wild guess since Picodrive is not included in my build. You've downloaded libretro cores from the libretro buildbot which were built for and by a different build system, screwed up your system and did not thought it's worth to mention it? Delete the cores in \\your-device\Configfiles\retroarch\cores reboot your system and maybe stop downloading cores if you're not sure if they have been tested for your system.

I'm pretty sure you did this because I spent quite some time to debug a non-existent problem until I remembered you've mentioned this....:rolleyes:

I'm running with genesis plus gx and it will quit part way. Picodrive doesn't work at all.

• Wow nice

This is the same as Escalade's ?

Nice work m8 gonna install it when my house is done (march)

Will donate money and trying to help with stuff

cheers

Well I forked escalades build back in the days but this one is based on LE 9.x completely reworked & comes with more emulators & frontends. But the overall goal & experience is the same. Add gaming functionality to a LibreELEC.

• Well I forked escalades build back in the days but this one is based on LE 9.x completely reworked & comes with more emulators & frontends. But the overall goal & experience is the same. Add gaming functionality to a LibreELEC.

Wow thanks a million m8

Can't wait to test it out and edit it to my setup

• My Problem is the System Partition is to big and i can´t install to internal. It works with v16 and a little tweak in the install to internal script.

The Navigation from USB in Libreelec is to laggy for me.

If you want more Space in the cloud use MEGA.nz there is 50GB free

• Hey 5schatten may I ask what command are you using to compile this for amlogic s905? I get a lot of checksum errors that I have to manually fix if I use this command:

Code
    PROJECT=Amlogic ARCH=arm DEVICE=S905 make image

maybe its something on my end but it seems weird, after I change the checksums everything compiles fine.

• Just a wild guess since Picodrive is not included in my build. You've downloaded libretro cores from the libretro buildbot which were built for and by a different build system, screwed up your system and did not thought it's worth to mention it? Delete the cores in \\your-device\Configfiles\retroarch\cores reboot your system and maybe stop downloading cores if you're not sure if they have been tested for your system.

I'm pretty sure you did this because I spent quite some time to debug a non-existent problem until I remembered you've mentioned this....:rolleyes:

Thanks again for all your help. I actually figured it out before seeing your post. I did some research and then remembered using the online core updater in Retroarch. I basically did a fresh install and copied everything else back to the new installation.

• Hey 5schatten may I ask what command are you using to compile this for amlogic s905? I get a lot of checksum errors that I have to manually fix if I use this command:

Code
    PROJECT=Amlogic ARCH=arm DEVICE=S905 make image

maybe its something on my end but it seems weird, after I change the checksums everything compiles fine.

I guess you're refering to this? Fix many wrong checksums · shantigilbert/LibreELEC.tv@9fdb332 · GitHub Well maybe something like this? Fixing some SHA256sum + fix dosbox-sdl2 build by magicseb · Pull Request #2 · 5schatten/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

I deleted the source file & downloaded it again

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    The checksum of my package calculated by windows tools

What kind of Linux distro do you use? Anyway if it works for you afterwards /shrug Maybe you get a slightly different package if you download it from another github server :/

My Problem is the System Partition is to big and i can´t install to internal. It works with v16 and a little tweak in the install to internal script.

The Navigation from USB in Libreelec is to laggy for me.

If you want more Space in the cloud use MEGA.nz there is 50GB free

Well it's not about the space it's about supporting several diffrent build versions. I changed a lot of config stuff in between so I remove outdated builds. If my image exceeds your partition size can't you resize it?

• i didnt think so

what's the output of df -h

EDIT:

well which build does still offer official eMMC installation? Even CE has no option for this How to install CoreELEC - Guides - CoreELEC Forums

beside th fact that they still include this script https://github.com/coreelec/coreelec/blob/master/projects/amlogic/filesystem/usr/sbin/installtointernal but don't officially support it Coreelec to EMMC? - Installation and Booting - CoreELEC Forums