LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

• bigboo

Yep I "sacrificed" my workstation to test my builds with a recent GTX card. I also fixed the vulkan driver for geforce series 600 and above so Dolphin & PPSSPP should work with the Vulkan API too.

• 5schatten I finaly tried your build of standalone mupen64plus, it seems to work fine but there is no sound on both my desktop and laptop, here is a screenshot of my laptop (asus ux430 with intel 7200u)

You have to set the correct audio device in asound.conf -> I've added a basic autoconf function in builds past Beta15 that takes over kodis settings but does not work in every case. So open the file advanced.conf in rr-config and set the autoconfig to false.

Then you have to edit the asound.conf by hand and enter the correct device as written in the FAQ.

What is your aplay -L output and what is the content of asound.conf?

• Update to Beta 15b ,works :) thx

Can you test some 3ds games?

Playstation 2 games still not working here. GS error?

I started The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (N3DS) and it worked for me so Citra should be fine.

I haven't tested PCSX2 since it would take a while to download the Docker Image & still you can't exit it cleanly because some overlayfs stuff is buggy after recent kernel 4.19 changes.

• Well since most problems arise from Amlogics crappy & outdated Kernel 3.14.29 & chinese rip-off chipset drivers I don't see why coreELEC should work more reliable since it's basically LibreELEC but with hacks that have such a bad code LE refused to upstream it. But whatever floats your boat & if it works for you... anyway just make sure you publish the code if you make any changes. Since it might be handy for others too.

Yep, i will do it as soon as i figure out things - newbie here ... in fact either compile from your source or direct CoreELEC pure build does work.
    I'm figure out how to combine things ... i'm total noob on that ... anyway i forked coreelec git, and combine your oem and name folder from the latest git i could, and just make sure that will be no conflicts, its running one compile right now for my s905.

There a lot to learn before ... docs don't really help ...
    Thx for not be angry with that ... i will comeback if i got error or good image let us see what can we do :)

• Update to Beta 15b ,works :) thx

Can you test some 3ds games?

Playstation 2 games still not working here. GS error?

For me Nvidia cards have been hit and miss for PCSX2 going back to LE8 Remix builds. I get the GS Plugin error here too with my gtx1050. Looked at the log and its missing opengl 3.3. I switched to my AMD R9 380 card and PCSX2 and WII it work perfect except I can't exit games with latest build so have gone back to beta 12 for the time being.

• For me Nvidia cards have been hit and miss for PCSX2 going back to LE8 Remix builds. I get the GS Plugin error here too with my gtx1050. Looked at the log and its missing opengl 3.3. I switched to my AMD R9 380 card and PCSX2 and WII it work perfect except I can't exit games with latest build so have gone back to beta 12 for the time being.

Quite the same you have to get the docker container image in a terminal and stop it then... not really convenient. Something is broken by Kernel 4.19 since I already updated the docker addon to 18.06.1 and still the same but once I revert my bleeding edge build to kernel 4.18.x it works fine again.

Yep, i will do it as soon as i figure out things - newbie here ... in fact either compile from your source or direct CoreELEC pure build does work.
    I'm figure out how to combine things ... i'm total noob on that ... anyway i forked coreelec git, and combine your oem and name folder from the latest git i could, and just make sure that will be no conflicts, its running one compile right now for my s905.

There a lot to learn before ... docs don't really help ...
    Thx for not be angry with that ... i will comeback if i got error or good image let us see what can we do :)

Well I can just tell you what I've told others before that "forked" my build by copy'n paste... this approach will fail in almost every case. If you want to fork it then you have to dig your way through my commits and alter the CE base packages according to these changes too, build the packages and see what else is needed.

I've forked escalades LE8.2.x build in the past altered this to "satisfy" my needs which took me roughly 6 months until I started with a clean build based on LE9.x otherwise you have literally no clue what you're doing and why builds fail or stuff won't work at all. /shrug

As long as you keep the original copyright headers and mention me and others that created or worked on the packages and as long as you publish your changes it's okay to fork since basically that's the philosphy of oss. Seeing projects like this https://github.com/themxqproject/libreelec.tv/tree/scottelec and promoting it like this ScottELEC: Ultimate Retro Games System For Amlogic Devices – The MXQ Project is pretty sure not something I would like to see or support. IMHO it's just rebranding and promoting stuff that others created...:dodgy:X/

• Mayby i need a clean install, still no audio in citra

State your output of aplay -L & the content of your asound.conf my testbuild had only minimal config so just NFS files to access my roms. Since it's my workstation I had my speakers connected to 3,5mm audio jack and could not / have not tested HDMI sound output but basically it's the same concept.

My GTX 1060 was responsible for video output over HDMI & DP while the sound was played by my onboard ALC1150 chip. /shrug

But of course I have no clue if HDMI sound works :/

• 5schatten Tried today on my desktop, It seems m64p standalone is not picking the correct audio out.

Kodi, Emulation Station and RA have working audio, asound.conf was correctly set automaticaly, but m64p is still using wrong audio out (analog instead of hdmi1) as you can see in my screenshot and errors in m64p.log

• 5schatten Tried today on my desktop, It seems m64p standalone is not picking the correct audio out.

Kodi, Emulation Station and RA have working audio, asound.conf was correctly set automaticaly, but m64p is still using wrong audio out (analog instead of hdmi1) as you can see in my screenshot and errors in m64p.log

Well as I said I need the content of you asound.conf & the output of aplay -L

There is no special m64p specific sound configuration as it uses the SDL audio backend the same way as every other SDL based frontend or emulator. LibreELEC.tv/mupen64plus.start at libreelec-9.0-rr · 5schatten/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

• 5schatten

I renamed asound.conf to .txt since forum wasn't uploading it sorry

• yes

Well to be honest I'm running out of ideas :/:rolleyes:

The whole concept is that asound.conf sets the output for ALSA so SDL can hook up and the game can use the API for sound output. You can try to change ALSA to PulseAudio in the advanced.conf maybe this helps. SDL is then set to PulseAudio driver and PA detects sound outputs everytime it's launched.

• Beta 16 online

• updated to latest LE9.0 upstream
    • updated Kodi 18 to RC1
    • updated Generic kernel to 4.19.4
    • updated RPi kernel to 4.19.3
    • updated to mesa 18.3.0-rc4
    • fixed nvidia driver 410.78 -> wrong libGLX was installed
    • fixed Vulkan API for Nvidia 410.x driver -> PPSSPP standalone / Dolphin & Retroarch (partly/depending on the core) should work with Vulkan
    • fixed moonlight-embedded for GFE 3.16
    • updated vulkan-loader to 1.1.93
    • updated several libretro-cores
    • updated dolphin & citra
    • added PPSSPP standalone SDL build -> delete your es_systems.cfg before you update
    • reworked KMS/ASOUND/AUDIOBACKEND setup -> check out \\your-device\rr-config\advanced.conf ! You can now set flags for KMS or enable PulseAudio in a single conf file instead of creating files that work as switch.