LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

• theres a lot wrong with this one so just read the red

BESIDES ID LIKE TO NOT HAVE TO DO ANY MODIFICATIONS ANDIT JUST WORKS

LIKE WHY CANT YOU JUST SEE THAT THE UDEV RULE IS BEING TRIGGERED FALSELY, WHICH IS THE BUG I WAS REPORTING
    GOD FREAKIN DANG YOU ARE SO THICK DRAKE WOULD BE ALL OVER YOU

I'm sorry, I can't take you seriously.

ahh-caps-lock-quickdo-as-he-says.jpg

zKGgFaW.png

umeat.jpg

dVbOKQ0.jpg

f48af0d3c37cfd33eb7ee1a8c68b041b.jpg

501358d930320.jpeg

g1372461490303819725.jpg

image.jpg

i-can-do-this-all-day-son-all-day.jpg

• I'm sorry, I can't take you seriously.

yea says the one with all the memes that shrug off bugs. btw on the topic of bugs, if you care to stop being an immature turdnugget of a person;
    xbone bluetooth controlers control the mouse on your remix, and the back button actually makes it go back, despite what kodi, retro, or es sets it to. doesnt happen for escalade or official,granted it doesnt work at all in those build either (ps ive done "echo 1 > /sys/module/bluetooth/parameters/disable_ertm")

also i cannot use ctrl+alt+F(x) to switch to other consoles, they all just have a blinking cursor. also works fine in escalade and official.

so yea if you care to actually fix anything instead of instantly insinuating its user error be my guest...

Edited once, last by Ae3NerdGod (October 30, 2018 at 12:54 AM).

• Loving the build! I have it running in an unraid VM with a GPU pass-through. But I have 2 quick questions:

1 - How do I add plex to the Main Menu of Kodi? I got it installed as a plugin.. but can't seem to find a way to add it to the main menu.

2 - I can login to spotify, but i'm unable to play any tracks. When i go into a playlist and click play, it just keeps skipping to the next track.

Thanks!

1 aeon nox also has a good interface to add custom menu items and its in the default repos
    2 from my experience, if spotify is skipping EVERY song, it was because i didnt have sound configured properly (even when it worked fine in kodi.) take a look at /storage/.config/asound.conf.sample but i personally had to disable my old ac97 onboard sound card

• Hi,

First of all, thanks for the build. I've had no major problems installing to my Intel NUC (5th Gen i7), what initial problems I did have, had solutions in the FAQ post. :)

One question. I'm new to these "multi-system" setups, and would like to be able to access ROM files in both retroarch and emulationstation over a network share I've setup on my NAS. Is it just a case of setting up a mount point on your build and getting it to load on startup (using something like autostart.sh)?

Thanks in advance,

~Jondar

• Hi,

First of all, thanks for the build. I've had no major problems installing to my Intel NUC (5th Gen i7), what initial problems I did have, had solutions in the FAQ post. :)

One question. I'm new to these "multi-system" setups, and would like to be able to access ROM files in both retroarch and emulationstation over a network share I've setup on my NAS. Is it just a case of setting up a mount point on your build and getting it to load on startup (using something like autostart.sh)?

Thanks in advance,

~Jondar

Depends on what you want to use, I use NFS to load my roms https://openelec.tv/documentation/…-network-shares. As BlaBla1973 pointed out there are also options to use CIFS/SMB

One example of my config -> this file storage-roms-amiga.mount is located in /storage/.config/system.d

Once it's enabled the network share loads upon start of your system and you can access your games from all devices that load this share.

• yea says the one with all the memes that shrug off bugs. btw on the topic of bugs, if you care to stop being an immature turdnugget of a person;
    xbone bluetooth controlers control the mouse on your remix, and the back button actually makes it go back, despite what kodi, retro, or es sets it to. doesnt happen for escalade or official,granted it doesnt work at all in those build either (ps ive done "echo 1 > /sys/module/bluetooth/parameters/disable_ertm")

also i cannot use ctrl+alt+F(x) to switch to other consoles, they all just have a blinking cursor. also works fine in escalade and official.

so yea if you care to actually fix anything instead of instantly insinuating its user error be my guest...

Too Much Information - Don't Panic

See "bro" | "god" | "nerd" or whatever people call you. IMHO you've no clue what you're talking about and again you don't respect the rules:

Bug reports without a suitable log will often be ignored - no debug log, no issue - or at best will take much longer to be investigated.

But since I'm in mood to tell you how this build works... let's enlighten you.

It's totally normal to use echo 1 > /sys/module/bluetooth/parameters/disable_ertm for other Linux distros too. Gamepad - ArchWiki

Also the Xbox controller has a long history of problems:

Xbox One S Controller, Fix for Select not working via Bluetooth · Issue #2023 · RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup · GitHub

Fix Xbox One S Bluetooth Select Button by daviderickson · Pull Request #4 · RetroPie/SDL-mirror · GitHub

Xbox One Controller - Bluetooth

So maybe think twice before you buy a controller.

You're refering to your Xbox One controller and the fact that the left analog stick works as a mouse in Kodi. Well yeah so if in your opinion the input mapping in Kodi is wrong... where should you file this bug? Probably in a Remix build that's focused on Retroarch & Emulationstation. Makes sense. Totally.

Retroarch uses udev as default to detect your controller and load a matching config file. These config files are provided by retroarch-joypad-autoconfig/udev at master · libretro/retroarch-joypad-autoconfig · GitHub and have nothing to do with Kodi. All libretro-cores use this mapping and are not affected by ES or Kodi.

Emulationstation relies on SDL2 and uses this file to detect your controller sdl_gamecontrollerdb.h and tries to find a matching mapping in es_input.cfg also this mapping is only used for ES menu navigation. All emulators based on SDL2 use the same gamecontrollerdb or gamecontrollerdb.txt to detect controllers and either automap them or allow you to map inputs. Well beside Amiberry that uses SDL2 to detect your controller and is RA mapping compatible but that's another story.

So we conclude one frontend mapping does not impact any other frontends and you have to set up your controller properly if you run into problems.

About your tty problem... well it's interesting how you don't understand that escalades build is based on LE 8.2 and mine is based on LE 9.0. And when you're talking about "official" then you're referring to what? This one libreelec-generic.x86_64-8.2.5.img.gz or this libreelec-generic.x86_64-8.90.006.img.gz ?

Since tty is missing here LibreELEC.tv/mkimage at master · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub and here LibreELEC.tv/installer at 3230a0838bb43648a935b8a0f14b0eebd1d8cc26 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub so there is no tty on official LE alpha builds. If you really need one follow this guide Raspberry Pi Config.txt [LibreELEC.wiki] to unlock your flash partition and add tty to the line APPEND boot=... in /flash/syslinux.cfg

Enabling tty by default could be a major security risk if you use LE in a public environment so a pretty good reason to disable it.

Anyway you make me smile.

1n7xcs.jpg

i-have-computer-skills.jpg

Which-Key-Is-Any-Key-Funny-Computer-Meme-Photo.jpg

• Depends on what you want to use, I use NFS to load my roms https://openelec.tv/documentation/…-network-shares. As BlaBla1973 pointed out there are also options to use CIFS/SMB

(Code snipped)

One example of my config -> this file storage-roms-amiga.mount is located in /storage/.config/system.d

Once it's enabled the network share loads upon start of your system and you can access your games from all devices that load this share.

Yeah, I saw the Wiki post not long after I asked my initial question. Made me feel a little foolish, ah well. :)

Thanks for the sample config though!

~Jondar

• Yeah, I saw the Wiki post not long after I asked my initial question. Made me feel a little foolish, ah well. :)

Thanks for the sample config though!

~Jondar

No problem and since the LE wiki only covers CIFS you're maybe interested in the other "non-obvious" wiki too.

• again read the red

you need to take some reading courses or some AA man

Edited once, last by Ae3NerdGod (October 31, 2018 at 3:19 AM).

• Because Xbox Controllers work fine in regular linux builds " from your experience." :

1c7wix.jpg

I'm maybe not as experienced as you but...

[...] (and when i say official i mean the one on the main download page, published stable one;[...]

[...] I rebased, updated and adjusted the packages for LE9.0-devel [...] so tell me and the audience why you think the stable build aka LE 8.2 which is about 4695 commits behind master has still much in common with my build.

Also my section about bugs literally states:

If your problem exists on regular LibreELEC then create a new thread. That means you should compare with regular LE9.0-devel if possible. Please include a debug log with all bug reports as this greatly increases your chances of anyone taking an interest in your issue.

But go on and enlighten me why you compare this build to LE 8.2 or escalades LE 8.2 Remix. I guess if your Windows 10 fails to run a program you're going to rant in a Windows 8 support forum about that, don't you?

" security risk." oh yea, dont want nobody stealling all my important documents and credit card info off this FREAKIN LIBREELEC BUILD.

Thats what the LE developer think about your "security risk":

h5rvHez.png

You're telling the world all day and night about bugs but did you ever thought about that maybe your setup is faulty? Is it maybe possible that your Gateway GT5056/C51MCP51 has a buggy bios? I mean we all know OEM mainboards have premium support and first class bios updates but anyway. Also the owner of this project literally told you:

It's either an exceptionally rare kernel/udev bug or there's something odd about your specific hardware. I'd guess the latter. It's not a scenario I recall seeing before and I've been hanging around various incarnations of the project since ~2011.

More than 30.000 users have a generic LE build up and running and nobody ever encountered your problem. So now you should check out Occam's razor - Wikipedia and think about what's more likely.

So all in all I'm tired of this. Since your buddy already has a Xbox controller get yourself a Xbox too and feel free to play your games.

• Thanks a lot! It works! Odroid C2 boots ok. I will give you feedback soon and buy you one coff!!

After some tests, it's not good for dayly use because have one strange glitch effect on image.
    Watching tv, every 3 secounds (+/-) is drop frames, causing strange image effect.

Maybe comes from Odroid C2 sources...

Beer is one the way!

• After some tests, it's not good for dayly use because have one strange glitch effect on image.
    Watching tv, every 3 secounds (+/-) is drop frames, causing strange image effect.

Maybe comes from Odroid C2 sources...

Beer is one the way!

Can you state some information about what kind of TV? SD or HD what refresh rate is set in Kodi? Press o while you watch TV to get some data about the media you watch.

There was a known bug in Kodi too [VideoPlayer] Initialize maxspeedadjust / remove roundings in Updateframerate by peak3d · Pull Request #14555 · xbmc/xbmc · GitHub have you updated to beta 12?

The thing is all S905(X) stuff still runs with kernel 3.14.29 which is obviously pretty outdated. So maybe it's kernel related but within the next month's mainline kernel is coming so brace yourself :D

• I'm watching TV in MPEG2 stream, using TVheadend PVR in kodi. This bug reported in FHD channels. About refreshrate in kodi i don't now, but i will test it in few hours :D thanks for your reply and and your work ;)

I will give you more information.
    Very good news abut mainline kernel update!!!! :D :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

• First of all kudos for keeping this distro up and running, it contains everything I want.:)

I encountered a minor annoyance. I use RR on a rpi3 B+ and I noticed that CPU temperature displayed in Kodi's system info is utterly wrong, it says CPU is at 18-19 C degrees while vcgencmd measure_temp and /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp correctly report a temperature above 55 degrees.

This issue appeared the moment I placed this command in my /storage/.config/autostart.sh:

dtoverlay w1-gpio gpiopin=4

I grepped for "cputemp" in .kodi and found nothing relevant. Any idea how to fix this?

• First of all kudos for keeping this distro up and running, it contains everything I want.:)

I encountered a minor annoyance. I use RR on a rpi3 B+ and I noticed that CPU temperature displayed in Kodi's system info is utterly wrong, it says CPU is at 18-19 C degrees while vcgencmd measure_temp and /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp correctly report a temperature above 55 degrees.

This issue appeared the moment I placed this command in my /storage/.config/autostart.sh:

dtoverlay w1-gpio gpiopin=4

I grepped for "cputemp" in .kodi and found nothing relevant. Any idea how to fix this?

Well I guess you use a 1-wire temperature sensor to measure the temperatur? Where is the sensor located or what exactly do you measure? Maybe the temperatur in Kodi shows then temperature the sensor reports?

I've talked to a LE dev and he pointed out this script:

LibreELEC.tv/cputemp at master · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

it checks various locations for a usable temperature before finally using /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp on RPi - it could be that enabling w1-gpio causes another node to appear in /sys which `cputemp` then uses instead of the cpu sensor

Can you check if you have more devices in /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp or /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone1/temp or something like this? Also check if  /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon0/device/temp1_input exists.

I'm watching TV in MPEG2 stream, using TVheadend PVR in kodi. This bug reported in FHD channels. About refreshrate in kodi i don't now, but i will test it in few hours :D thanks for your reply and and your work ;)

I will give you more information.
    Very good news abut mainline kernel update!!!! :D :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Well have you tried to adjust your refresh rate? Check https://kodi.wiki/view/settings/videos#playback Adjust display refresh rate to match video

• Can you check if you have more devices in /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp or /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone1/temp or something like this? Also check if  /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon0/device/temp1_input exists.

I've connected a temperature sensor and used /sys/bus/w1/devices/*/w1_slave to read its value, but now I see there is another way to read it via /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon0/temp1_input.

I've fixed it with an advancedsettings.xml like this:

XML
    <advancedsettings>
    <cputempcommand>sed -e 's/\([0-9]*\)[0-9]\{3\}.*/\1 C/' /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp</cputempcommand>
    </advancedsettings>

Thanks a bunch!

LE: For Confluence skin fans, here is a favourites.xml file that would allow you to run RetroArch and EmulationStation:

XML
    <favourites>
        <favourite name="EmulationStation">RunScript(/usr/bin/frontend-emulationstation.py)</favourite>
        <favourite name="RetroArch">RunScript(/usr/bin/frontend-retroarch.py)</favourite>
    </favourites>
  • Beta 13 is online:

• updated to latest LE9.0 upstream
    • updated Generic & RPi kernel to 4.19
    • added Kodi error message if asound.conf is not configured for generic systems -> no asound.conf = apps or emus won't start!
    • updated several libretro-cores
    • updated dolphin & citra
    • switched fbalpha to fbalpha2018 to keep rom set compatibility -> fbalpha will probably need some rom set updates soon
    • added beetle-pce-fast-libretro -> PC Engine
    • added stella-libretro -> Atari 2600
    • added libretro-atari800 -> Atari 5200
    • added blueMSX-libretro -> MSX
    • -> check out libretro docs for these emus and what bios/assets you'll need. I'll add some infos later to the FAQ
    • added subfolders & systems for segacd | mastersystem | gamegear as bigboo suggested
    • ! delete your es_systems.cfg before you update !