Posts by Ae3NerdGod

again read the red

you need to take some reading courses or some AA man

Loving the build! I have it running in an unraid VM with a GPU pass-through. But I have 2 quick questions:

1 - How do I add plex to the Main Menu of Kodi? I got it installed as a plugin.. but can't seem to find a way to add it to the main menu.

2 - I can login to spotify, but i'm unable to play any tracks. When i go into a playlist and click play, it just keeps skipping to the next track.

Thanks!

1 aeon nox also has a good interface to add custom menu items and its in the default repos
    2 from my experience, if spotify is skipping EVERY song, it was because i didnt have sound configured properly (even when it worked fine in kodi.) take a look at /storage/.config/asound.conf.sample but i personally had to disable my old ac97 onboard sound card

I'm sorry, I can't take you seriously.

yea says the one with all the memes that shrug off bugs. btw on the topic of bugs, if you care to stop being an immature turdnugget of a person;
    xbone bluetooth controlers control the mouse on your remix, and the back button actually makes it go back, despite what kodi, retro, or es sets it to. doesnt happen for escalade or official,granted it doesnt work at all in those build either (ps ive done "echo 1 > /sys/module/bluetooth/parameters/disable_ertm")

also i cannot use ctrl+alt+F(x) to switch to other consoles, they all just have a blinking cursor. also works fine in escalade and official.

so yea if you care to actually fix anything instead of instantly insinuating its user error be my guest...

theres a lot wrong with this one so just read the red

BESIDES ID LIKE TO NOT HAVE TO DO ANY MODIFICATIONS ANDIT JUST WORKS

LIKE WHY CANT YOU JUST SEE THAT THE UDEV RULE IS BEING TRIGGERED FALSELY, WHICH IS THE BUG I WAS REPORTING
    GOD FREAKIN DANG YOU ARE SO THICK DRAKE WOULD BE ALL OVER YOU

That seems like it might work, I shall try it soon.

However, I did actually read that but it didn't tell me why it was being detected. The card in question (,onboard geforce 6150 I think) shows up NOWHERE. Not in lspci, not in /dev that I've found. Now that you've showed me those udev rules it seems like it just loads nvidia-legacy if it doesn't find a matching Id in that list but at the same time it gets called if there's nvidia pci devices present in general. Am i understanding that right? Because it definitely has nvidia ethernet and smbus and so-on

The thing is you think you're able to troubleshoot things.

id think you'd be able to read.

"instead of asking someone who knows how to build LE without Nvidia drivers"

Bro.

I.

Did.

That.

The xorg conf file was still there

AFTER

I modified the config file WITH NO NVIDIA NOR NVIDIA LEGACY DRIVERS and compiled it

///////AFFFTTTEERRR THATT//////

I DOUBLE CHECKED AND RECOMPILED

AND THE XORG CONF IS STILL THERE.

then, and only then, did I come to the fourms.. USING PRCOMPILED IMAGES BECAUSE IT SEEMED TO BE A BUG. I can't report a bug using altered unpublished code now can I?

I explained how the card isn't even in lspci, Yada yada yada, findcatgrep to stop generating xorg-nvidia-legacy.conf, yada yada yada, your memes, now we're here. You gonna actually use that 4th grade reading comprehension in this one or drunkenly skim, then reply like a 12 year old again?

I don't think I need to tell you a third time that your hat is made of buttox.

PS, my current job does not involve coding. We get the shitty "can it run Skype and outlook?" "Yep" computers. I'm surprised and lucky I don't get 2 cores of a hypervisor these days.

PPS, thanks for updating to Kodi 18.4 I'm sure it was difficult managing that, your mom telling you to clean up the basement again, and all those memes and commits you had to look up to try and /school me/ on a mistake I've been trying to tell you for 3 days I didn't make.

<Insert amused man eating popcorn gif>

Well you fixed nothing but you did what I suggested days ago. You've built LE without the Nvidia driver packages and surprisingly it works now...

i think you missed the part where I HAD ALREADY DONE THAT AND XORG-NVIDIA-LEGACY.CONF WAS STILL THERE
    REMEMBER HOW I SAID THE DRIVER .KO WASNT EVEN THERE

MULTIPLE TIMES

yeaaaahh... its called readdddiiiinngggg.

see, as an adult, i can troubleshoot things but at some point it becomes a basement dwelling coder with no life's job to fix it.
    i had to find, cat and grep through all the build files for mentions of xorg-nvidia-legacy.conf and comment them out/ remove them manually. dirty as fudge, but it worked. also. i expected the right libglx to be loaded by xorg-radeon.conf. which it did... so yea. great LE build. jerk.
    you make one popular libreelec build and you get a bit of an attitude huh.

trying to use a Radeon HD 7570 man. id like to be able to get this working without having to recompile for every update. i cant figure out why xorg/-nvidia-legacy.conf is even triggering, as you can see theres no nvidia card in my lspci

5schatten thanks for failing to solve my problem o superior one. your dank memes prove to me and everyone here how 1337 you are.

btw since you STILL cant seem to read
    I HAVE A JOB. LIBRELECS PURPOSE IS CONVENIENCE IS IT NOT? taking hours out of your day to compile libreelec on a shitty pentium or i3 at your job is NOT CONVENIENT. DUH thats why i came here ASKING HOW TO UNSQUASH THE SYSTEM FILE not how to fix anything. the whole silly /storage/.config thing is just ridiculous. if osmc was X86 best believe i would have had this solved, seeing as they dont set up their distro like a friggen live cd

I FIXED IT I DO NOT NEED YOUR UNHELPFUL ADVICE ANY LONGER KTHX

tried that first buddy. no change. besides, the module doesnt even load because IT ISNT THERE and A XORG CONF FILE REFERENCES IT ANYWAYS. its very frustrating

dude youre not reading my posts.
    I DO NOT NEED SUPPORT FOR THE ONBOARD NVIDIA CARD.the card is disabled in the bios, doesnt show up in lspci, and yet still attempts to load a NONEXISTANT DRIVER. using /etc/X11/xorg-nvidia-legacy.conf

i have an hd7570 that DOES work in other motherboards,and im literally CURRENTLY USING linux mint on this card, On the motherboard in question. it works fine. you have my hardware info via the log archive i was finally able to get uploaded and if youll refer to my other post i tagged you in about this, youd also know that i have already used various resources including the ones you suggested to make my own xorg.conf (after trying just copying librelec radeon one to storage/.config/xorg.conf) and both of the mhave the same result, kodi runs once fine, then if i reboot, the next boot kodi will fail to start claiming display 0.0 has no glx capabilities whis is also in the logs i provided.

btw my intent of posting on this particular thread was and is to report a bug of /etc/X11/xorg-nvidia-legacy.conf trying to load a driver that isnt present on the system.
    "error 404: support for old-af-nforce-stuff not found." is exactly my point, if this card is not supported, why is its xorg conf file there? i thought maybe if this guy, who makes a popular build of libreelec deletes this file in a build and no one reports that it breaks anything it could get sent up the ladder to the master by people with more time for that sorta thing than me.

i still dont freakin understand why no one can just tell me what magic compression method is used to build libreelecs squashfs so i can just rebuild it. you guys are OCD af

but now, i digress,

i compiled libreelec official made sure there was no xorg-nvidia-legacy.conf built or mentioned in any file annnddd...

Display Spoiler

it works fine now, you a$$hat

5schatten  chewitt

so i uploaded my logs here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1pxprex6vz4tuo2yaujdkyslnsacka6bv?usp=sharing

in them youll see how xorg tries to load /var/lib/nvidia.ko (which isnt there), and youll see how ive also taken everyones advice so far and made a xorg conf. now the first one, i just coppied from /etc/X11/xorg-radeon.conf and renamed. the second one i made myself following a guide both of them make the "a dependency failed for xserver" messege, xorg seems to start however the mouse pointer just flickers a few times. reading those logs indicate kodi crashing due to display 0.0 not supporting glx (or something) which is bs because after it flickers for a bit it reboots and goes into liberelec safe mode immediately upon next reboot.

is xorg-nvidia-legacy.conf even supposed to be the system anymore? if so why is the driver file it loads not there? i cant figure out why its even triggered

And since you're talking about beeing shunned or "vague copy-paste" config.... have you read my start post? You've supplied any log files? You've told us what mainboard you use? No? Well yeah maybe that's the reason nobody could tell you exactly what to do.

Btw.:

https://openelec.tv/documentation/…ustom-xorg-conf

Xorg - ArchWiki

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/amdgpu#xorg_configuration

i did not provide any logfiles, models, and it was actually me who told chewitt that it was the onboard gpu trying to load (despite the fact it doesnt show up in lspci nor is it enabled in the bios.) either way the conf fails because the driver module is not even there, making me think that even if you compile libreelec without the driver it still makes the conf file for some reason. nonetheless, i never came here for help DIAGNOSING the problem thats why theres no logs or anything. besides the fact that i cant start the system enough to configure wifi, and i can only get to console if xorg doesnt fail for some random reason after a few auto reboots it does. ctrl+alt+f1-f7 do absolutely nothing unless xorg starts. thats gotta be a bug imo. i need help fixing the problem. im asking for the exact opposite of what to do im asking what am i missing?

i understand i can make a custom conf file, i dont understand how to use a custom conf file to empty a conf file already made. do i name it the same? what do i put in the conf file that will make it ignore the other one?? the correct xorg conf i need is there already, the radeon one, i need to DELETE one so it wont load. you all seem to be just skimming my posts and assuming im an idiot. so ill state again HOW DO I USE A CUSTOM CONF FILE TO EMPTY AN EXISTING ONE. its not even like im asking for step by step instructions, if someone can point me toward a man page or a similar thread im confident and can read. also, if someone would answer that on the post i made rather than this post thatd be appreciated, WAS NOT TRYING TO POSTJACK the only reason i mention it in this post is because i dont even think le9 supports any graphics cards that even use nvidia-legacy and part of the conf file tries to load a file that is not present on the READ ONLY FILESYSTEM, that seems like a bug to me too, especially when the conf is being loaded despite IT BEING DISABLED IN BIOS AND NOT SHOWING UP IN LSPCI but maybe im just an idiot, yeah?

tl;dr
    for logs i have to move the hdd with libreelec to another system and ive only had the chance to do that twice, the computer is at another house too making things more difficult. i just need to know how to nullify the nvidia-legacy.conf with a custom one as a workaround, when i get the logs to prove to you this is a bug, at least from what i understand a bug is, i might even make a bugreport

Does the official LE 9.0 alpha build run with this config? What kind of board do you use? You've disabled the IGP in your bios? Maybe it's possible to blacklist some kernel modules from loading. Building LE from source without the NV driver could be an option too.

None of the versions work. Unless I reboot like 8 times, then it magicly works, or if I let it bootloop for a bit, libreelec will enter a safe mode and work fine