LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

• Not really I guess you could try RetroPie or something similiar. This build relies on the LE toolchain & basesystem while SteamOS is some kind of "forked gaming Debian" AFAIK.

Yeah, I know, I meant more like a .dpkg package or something for your version of Kodi with emulators and stuff included. But might not be doable?
    Not a biggie, was just a question and I can use two machines :)

• the Emulator Addons slacker666 are more at the hands of kodi (maybe LE?) i'm not super certain and is not directly supported by 5schatten builds as these focus on RetroArch/EmulationStation

use of those emulators in Kodi are at yer own risk , that being Said, if its a kodi thing then you shoudl be able to install Kodi in SteamOS then those, (if its an additional repo for kodi, its just a matter of adding that in. Worst case, you could Dualboot between Reborn Remix & SteamOS

• Well you can use the onboard HDMI as audio output while the GPU for video that shouldn't be a problem. About the menues -> have you set a custom DPI as I told you?

Something like this should work, but you have to adjust it to your setup.

https://openelec.tv/documentation/…ustom-xorg-conf

Little update from me... the custom DPI works great... thx.

Menu's are now fine.

Edited once, last by BlaBla1973 (October 8, 2018 at 10:19 AM).

• Beta 10 is online:

• updated to latest LE9.0 upstream
    • updated to Kodi 18 Beta 3
    • updated Generic kernel to 4.18.12
    • updated to Retroarch 1.7.5
    • updated several libretro-cores
    • updated dolphin & citra
    • added Hatari (Atari ST) emulator -> delete your es_systems.cfg before you update! Read the FAQ about roms, bios & config files.
  • Yeah, I know, I meant more like a .dpkg package or something for your version of Kodi with emulators and stuff included. But might not be doable?
    Not a biggie, was just a question and I can use two machines :)

As I said you can try this https://retropie.org.uk/docs/debian/ and it will give you some kind of similar end result, but without stuff like recent Dolphin or Citra versions or other recent stuff. Basically SteamOS is just Debian so you could install Kodi and all stuff you want but that needs a lot of tweaking to make all things run.

the Emulator Addons slacker666 are more at the hands of kodi (maybe LE?) i'm not super certain and is not directly supported by 5schatten builds as these focus on RetroArch/EmulationStation

use of those emulators in Kodi are at yer own risk , that being Said, if its a kodi thing then you shoudl be able to install Kodi in SteamOS then those, (if its an additional repo for kodi, its just a matter of adding that in. Worst case, you could Dualboot between Reborn Remix & SteamOS

Well yes and no. LE 9 comes with a lot of libretro-cores but basically the ones I use were modified for my fork. You could use my libretro cores with Retroplayer as well but honestly that wouldn't make sense right now as long as Retroplayer lacks OpenGL support most of the more recent console emulators won't work at all. So if you wan't to play anything past the SNES, Genesis or PSX you're literally scrwed /shrug

• As I said you can try this https://retropie.org.uk/docs/debian/ and it will give you some kind of similar end result, but without stuff like recent Dolphin or Citra versions or other recent stuff. Basically SteamOS is just Debian so you could install Kodi and all stuff you want but that needs a lot of tweaking to make all things run.

Well yes and no. LE 9 comes with a lot of libretro-cores but basically the ones I use were modified for my fork. You could use my libretro cores with Retroplayer as well but honestly that wouldn't make sense right now as long as Retroplayer lacks OpenGL support most of the more recent console emulators won't work at all. So if you wan't to play anything past the SNES, Genesis or PSX you're literally scrwed /shrug

the Emulator Addons slacker666 are more at the hands of kodi (maybe LE?) i'm not super certain and is not directly supported by 5schatten builds as these focus on RetroArch/EmulationStation

Yeah, I've installed SteamOS now with Kodi and Retroarch so I guess I got what I wanted after all :)

• Yeah, I've installed SteamOS now with Kodi and Retroarch so I guess I got what I wanted after all :)

If this suits your needs it's the right thing for you. But you have invest much more time to make things run smoothly and also maintenance is a quite challenging while you will lack of recent software/drivers too.

• If this suits your needs it's the right thing for you. But you have invest much more time to make things run smoothly and also maintenance is a quite challenging while you will lack of recent software/drivers too.

Runs pretty smooth here, especially considering beta status, havent seen anything out of the ordinary. Maintenance seems like a bliss, updates keep installing from time to time and not very time consuming. Had to do some tweaking initially but after that all is well. But I'll still keep your LE RR as the main HTPC :)
    (Next up for my SteamOS is to play around with PlayOnLinux, but worried it might break things).

• Hi, the volume of Chrome is a lot louder than Kodi, is there a config to start Chrome with a lower volume?

The build comes without alsamixer but I guess I can include it in upcoming builds. This would allow you to change the volume using a graphical interface.

Hi,

Thank you for this build.

I've upgraded from Escalade Remix, and it seems that the NFS doesn't work,

Is there anything that I need to do to make it work?

BR

III. Important Notes

• Updating escalades LE8.2 builds can work but is not supported.

Beside that I use NFS myself and at least the nfs client works since all my roms & media are accessed by nfs. If you're talking about a NFS server I'm not sure if escalade ships one in his build.

And as always.... Logfiles?

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • bigboo

try theAmlogic S905 build -> this should include the drivers you need.

Thank you wifi and BT are now working!! :thumbup:

The last problem I have for now is my usb keyboard (french/azerty).

I set keyboard mode to fr/azerty in kodi regional menu and in libreelec config menu, the virtual keyboard is correctly changed to azerty, but my usb real keyboard is still set to qwerty mode.

How can I change that?

• Thank you wifi and BT are now working!! :thumbup:

The last problem I have for now is my usb keyboard (french/azerty).

I set keyboard mode to fr/azerty in kodi regional menu and in libreelec config menu, the virtual keyboard is correctly changed to azerty, but my usb real keyboard is still set to qwerty mode.

How can I change that?

You have to deal with the US layout for now. It's Kodi related input: libinput: add setting to allow changing keymap layout by lrusak · Pull Request #14341 · xbmc/xbmc · GitHub at the moment only generic systems with X11 can change the input layout and all arm based systems suffer this flaw. Kodi 18 Beta 4 will feature this patch and then you should be able to use the azerty one.

• I've put a rom in the SNES folder and I can launch EmulationStation, but I can't get my PS3 controller to work with the frontend. I've used my keyboard to access the menu and attempted to configure the controller, and it will allow me to "select" the controller to configure by holding down a button, but the configuration screen doesn't accept input properly. If I fiddle with the controller a bit, it will map things like axis 8 and axis 17 to the dpad, then occasionally allow me to enter a few of the buttons properly, but refuses to let me map the dpad buttons. also, if I unplug the controller, ES crashes. I can, however, navigate kodi with the same controller plugged in or via bluetooth and if I select the snes rom with my keyboard in ES, I can play with my PS3 controller and exit the game, but once back in ES the controller no longer works

• I've put a rom in the SNES folder and I can launch EmulationStation, but I can't get my PS3 controller to work with the frontend. I've used my keyboard to access the menu and attempted to configure the controller, and it will allow me to "select" the controller to configure by holding down a button, but the configuration screen doesn't accept input properly. If I fiddle with the controller a bit, it will map things like axis 8 and axis 17 to the dpad, then occasionally allow me to enter a few of the buttons properly, but refuses to let me map the dpad buttons. also, if I unplug the controller, ES crashes. I can, however, navigate kodi with the same controller plugged in or via bluetooth and if I select the snes rom with my keyboard in ES, I can play with my PS3 controller and exit the game, but once back in ES the controller no longer works

well what's the terminal output of "sdl-jstest -l" when you've connected the controller?

5schatten

I do ship with NFS kernel server, check out the nfs-utils package.

I'll have a look.

• Hey Frank hope you enjoyed your beers last weekend :) Been playing around with amiberry and had an issue with my controller (yes that one again ^^) not being picked up from retroarch. I'm not sure why it's not picking up subdirs but I had to change the controller line in adfdir.conf line to point to udev to pick it up:

controllers_path=/tmp/autoconfig/udev/