LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

• Can you run dmesg | paste in a terminal & post the link? What do you use to run GC or PSX games? Dolphin? Libretro-dolphin? Beetle-PSX or PCSX_rearmed?

Hi there.

Thank you for the reply and the intention to help.
    I have the link for you here:
    http://ix.io/1khj

GC: I have only tried Dolphin. The distro only has Dolphin and something called Ishiruka) Graphics looks nice and everything runs fine, but a few stutters here and there "when some stuff happens, not necessarily anything seemingly demanding. The game I tested was Mario Party 7 (NTSC)

PS1: I have tried with PCSX_Rearmed and Beetle-PSX. It seem to be the same issue for both emulators. I am testing Sled Storm (NTSC). A game with regular cdtrack audio. The audio sometimes stutters for a little while. The game otherwise runs fine.

These issues sounds minor, but I am very sensitive to stuff like stuttering sound/framerates, screen tearing, wrong aspect ratio and stuff like that.

• Well you have a NUC with this cpu? Intel® Core™ i5-7260U Processor (4M Cache, up to 3.40 GHz) Produktspezifikationen it should be fast enough to run these games.

The libretro-dolphin core is not as polished as the standalone version.The stuttering occasionally happens when shader were compiled. I have this too when I use the opengl backend... normally mesa shader cache should solve this but it does not. Try to run the standalone Dolphin in Emulationstation and try the Vulkan backend in graphics settings. Also set shader compilation to ssynchronous (Ubershaders) and enable compile shaders before starting. I guess this will solve your problems.

For a NUC with a fast cpu you should prefer beetle-psx but I'm not sure if the stuttering can be fixed at all. I found this on the beetle-psx page Audio crackling · Issue #137 · libretro/beetle-psx-libretro · GitHub and basically it means when the cpu is sometimes to slow. I will try the game myself... and see if it stutters. According to this Intel Core i5-7260U vs. Intel Core i3-6100 - Technikaffe.de my cpu is only a bit faster than yours but I'm not sure how long yours can hold up the max frequency.

• 5schatten before i try w/ my Spare PC the generic builds (i know PS2/GC will be offlimits) but are AMD Radeon cards supported and if they are, a driver included that supports the Radeon HD5750?(otherwise only spare NvidaGPU i have while similar in performance is older, an GTX 480(the system isnt itself isnt much to write home about: Intel i5 750, 4GB DDR3 Ram,Gigabyte GA-H55N-USB3 Rev 1.0 motherboard)

• 5schatten before i try w/ my Spare PC the generic builds (i know PS2/GC will be offlimits) but are AMD Radeon cards supported and if they are, a driver included that supports the Radeon HD5750?(otherwise only spare NvidaGPU i have while similar in performance is older, an GTX 480(the system isnt itself isnt much to write home about: Intel i5 750, 4GB DDR3 Ram,Gigabyte GA-H55N-USB3 Rev 1.0 motherboard)

Both should be supported. I have to update to the pci id for the recent Nvidia driver so it will detect old cards correct & the legacy will be used for your GTX 480. The HD5750 should be supported by the kernel driver.

• Beta 07 is Generic/KVIM is online:

• added Khadas VIM (S905X based device)
    • updated to latest LE9.0 upstream
    • updated generic kernel to 4.18.9 / RPi to 4.18.8
    • updated to QT 5.11.2
    • updated mesa to 18.2.1-RC
    • updated LLVM to v7.0.0
    • fixed Nvidia driver -> legacy driver should now detect series 400/500/600 cards correctly
    • updated to Retroarch 1.7.5-dev
    • updated several libretro-cores / Dolphin to r5.0-8743
    • added libretro-chailove to generic builds -> delete your es_systems.cfg before you update!
  • What kind of controller do you use? Can you enter sdl-jstest -l | paste in a terminal when the controller is connected and post the link?

It's a PS3 copy by Gioteck - VX2

Output of that command:

Code
    sdl-jstest -l | paste
    error: failed to read gamecontrollerdb.txt: Invalid RWops
    http://ix.io/1n8v
  • It's a PS3 copy by Gioteck - VX2

Output of that command:

Code
    sdl-jstest -l | paste
    error: failed to read gamecontrollerdb.txt: Invalid RWops
    http://ix.io/1n8v

Okay looks like the Gioteck VX3 is already supported by RA autoconfig. retroarch-joypad-autoconfig/gioteck-vx3.cfg at master · libretro/retroarch-joypad-autoconfig · GitHub but the VX2 not. It's GUID is quite rare 03000000f0250000c283000010010000 and I didn't found much information beside some in ppsspp code.

I suspect your Gioteck VX2 is a udev device too then. Do you have a working controller config? If you have create a udev directory in \\your-htpc\Configfiles\retroarch\autoconfig and place your config file in there. This works for libretro-cores and so it should work for controller config too.

Also upload the config to Pastebin.com - #1 paste tool since 2002! and poste the link. I could ask the retroarch guys to add your controller to retroarch-joypad-autoconfig/udev at master · libretro/retroarch-joypad-autoconfig · GitHub and it will be supported out of the box in the future.

When your controller is connected can you enter dmesg in a terminal and look for a line like?

[14624.645652] hid-generic 0005:057E:2009.0005: input,hidraw4: BLUETOOTH HID v0.01 Gamepad [Pro Controller] on 00:1a:7d:da:71:13

If you found it post it too.

• updated to QT 5.11.2
    • updated LLVM to v7.0.0
    • fixed Nvidia driver -> legacy driver should now detect series 400/500/600 cards correctly
    • added libretro-chailove to generic builds -> delete your es_systems.cfg before you update!

Build for Khadas VIM needs 2G RAM? I have tried it on my S905 TV box with 1G RAM, it did not work. It just hang at the TV box's logo screen.

Where can I get dtb for your build? Maybe it does not work because of wrong dtb? I used dtb from LE 8.2.

• Build for Khadas VIM needs 2G RAM? I have tried it on my S905 TV box with 1G RAM, it did not work. It just hang at the TV box's logo screen.

Where can I get dtb for your build? Maybe it does not work because of wrong dtb? I used dtb from LE 8.2.

Of course it needs 2GB since it's a project/device specific build. You can try one of this dtb files for s905 device-trees-amlogic/ at master · LibreELEC/device-trees-amlogic · GitHub but normally the S905 devices have a different target in the build system.

• updated to QT 5.11.2
    • updated LLVM to v7.0.0

Live USB now boots up with no xorg problems.

Blueetooth isn't working but I need to install this build properly tomorrow to see if that's an actual problem or just from doing a live boot as opposed to a real one.

(have a generic PC bluetooth adapter. On previous Escalade build could connect my headphones but no luck on Xbox One Controller, kept getting input/output error).

• Live USB now boots up with no xorg problems.

Blueetooth isn't working but I need to install this build properly tomorrow to see if that's an actual problem or just from doing a live boot as opposed to a real one.

(have a generic PC bluetooth adapter. On previous Escalade build could connect my headphones but no luck on Xbox One Controller, kept getting input/output error).

Did a quick fresh install.

Bluetooth does work but still can't connect Xbox One Controller (same input/output error)

Run EmulationStation. pick game (tried both PSX and 3DS) and it looks like it's going to load, then it goes back to game selection screen and the screen just flickers, have to alt-f4 it to go back to normal Kodi.

Will try to get some logs tomorrow.

• ok umm updating stock 8.2.5 to RR Beta 7 for generic should be the same as an Rpi yeah? (copy the .tar or .img over network to the system in \\DEVICE-NAME\Update ?

because im getting
    *** Error in check_update: mount_common: Could not mount /storage/ .update/SYSTEM ***

(then opens the debugging shell)

if i reboot, i can see no apply to Stock 8.2.5 it fails to start Xorg server (regardless of my GTX480/Radeon HD5750) something about reached target Mediacenter, and it sits there but Network is Accessible at that point.

and i just got new Ram for my Mac Mini (2010 Core 2 Duo / Nvidia 320M) you think that'd be supported thru the strange Bootcamp (and replace Windows 7.) ? (i dont muck w/ Intel Macs often as i grew up mainly using the old PowerPC macs. i still got my heavy Honker of a beast Dual-CPU PowerMac G5... that Bugger's a huge power drain on my wallet and bill X_X )

• Did a quick fresh install.

Bluetooth does work but still can't connect Xbox One Controller (same input/output error)

Run EmulationStation. pick game (tried both PSX and 3DS) and it looks like it's going to load, then it goes back to game selection screen and the screen just flickers, have to alt-f4 it to go back to normal Kodi.

Will try to get some logs tomorrow.

Gamepad - ArchWiki

I guess you haven't installed any bios files or a system dump for the 3DS?