Posts by skodkassen

I tried upgrading and thankfully the tearing was gone. Sadly most of my favorite apps didn't work, suddenly there were audio/video sync issues and random crashes. I tried to downgrade and of course it broke the rest of my apps. These are probably among the reasons this isn't official yet :)

The joy of homebrew for the casual end user - it's awesome and it sucks at the same time, the possibilities are endless and so are the bugs. I still prefer it to a closed system curated by a corporation.

Keep up the good work - I look forward to the next stable version :)

Hi there.

I'd like to know if the screen tearing in the menus have been solved. I have booted my rpi4 up with the latest official librelec and to my horror I can see that it still tears in the menus. Am I doing something wrong? I thought this would surely be a priority and fixed by now (No, I cannot contribute as I am not a programmer). I have tried to search for an answer but I seem to only find the good old threads from 18 months ago or so.

Is there a fix to this? Has development stopped? Should I get another board instead?

Can you run dmesg | paste in a terminal & post the link? What do you use to run GC or PSX games? Dolphin? Libretro-dolphin? Beetle-PSX or PCSX_rearmed?

Hi there.

Thank you for the reply and the intention to help.
    I have the link for you here:
    http://ix.io/1khj

GC: I have only tried Dolphin. The distro only has Dolphin and something called Ishiruka) Graphics looks nice and everything runs fine, but a few stutters here and there "when some stuff happens, not necessarily anything seemingly demanding. The game I tested was Mario Party 7 (NTSC)

PS1: I have tried with PCSX_Rearmed and Beetle-PSX. It seem to be the same issue for both emulators. I am testing Sled Storm (NTSC). A game with regular cdtrack audio. The audio sometimes stutters for a little while. The game otherwise runs fine.

These issues sounds minor, but I am very sensitive to stuff like stuttering sound/framerates, screen tearing, wrong aspect ratio and stuff like that.

Hi there.

I really love this release. I've actually wanted this for a long time, but now I know it exists. It did take some tinkering to get the sound to work, but now I am all god.

I do experience some stuttering on gamecube and ps1 games, which I honestly think should not be there. I am running the generic x86 build on my NUC I5, 7th. gen. Gamecube and PSX one games seem to run at 100% speed, but sometime it stutters. I would be more inclined to accept a general slow perfomance as an indicator for my pc not being fast enough. Can anyone explain or help with optimizing tips.