Posts by bsab80

Escalades build is based on a heavily modified LE8.x version while mine is LE9.0 + the emulator stuff so I guess that's the reason things are screwed. You can add video_driver = "gl" to the retroarch.cfg file and it will probably start but anyway I would recommend a clean install /shrug

Appreciate all the help, will do a proper fresh install soon and report then!

Well exactly -> can you delete your retroarch.cfg file and start RA from the main menu? It should create a new one then. Can you post this version again? Normally RA should use the default settings if the file is missing :/

Have you made a clean install after I uploaded a new build or just updated the non-booting one? I guess RA screwed up the default file because of some reasons.

I think I updated from Escalade's build, actually!

Deleted the file and did as instructed and still no luck.

Current .cfg:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Can you post your retroarch.cfg file? And in addition enter dmesg | paste in a terminal and post the link?

Basically this line is the problem:

Code
    [WARN] [SDL_GL]: Failed to initialize SDL gfx context driver: No available video device

Retroarch tries to use SDL_GL instead of regular GL or something. Have you changed the driver in Retroarch? Do you have this line in your retroarch.cfg video_driver = "gl" ?

No, haven't changed anything at all!
    I don't seem to have that line on the retroarch.cfg, is that the problem?

retroarch.cfg:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

dmesg|paste result:

About the controller: Autostart.sh [LibreELEC.wiki]

About the emulators: read the FAQ / make sure you have the correct bios files. Double check their names. Make sure they are in the bios folder.

If it still fails upload the whole logfile zip or the retroarch logfile in /var/log I don't need a Kodi logfile when an emulator fails.

Yeah, bios files are reading as the proper ones for the PSX.

Tried an N64 as that one doesn't seem to require a bios, here's logfile:

Is this the relevant part?

Gamepad - ArchWiki

I guess you haven't installed any bios files or a system dump for the 3DS?

Thanks for the gamepad link!

Code
    echo 1 > /sys/module/bluetooth/parameters/disable_ertm

Works per session, but have to do it everytime it reboots.

Have also tried

Code
    echo 'options bluetooth disable_ertm=1' > /storage/.config/modprobe.d/bluetooth-disable-ertm.conf

But that doesn't seem to work, still can't connect bluetooth when I restart.

And doh, it's been so long I fooled around with emulation that I had indeed forgotten the bios!

Got the .bins for the psx and put them on the bios folder, but still no luck (also tried having them in the psx rom folder)

Here is (from what I can see) the log from the relevant time:

Live USB now boots up with no xorg problems.

Blueetooth isn't working but I need to install this build properly tomorrow to see if that's an actual problem or just from doing a live boot as opposed to a real one.

(have a generic PC bluetooth adapter. On previous Escalade build could connect my headphones but no luck on Xbox One Controller, kept getting input/output error).

Did a quick fresh install.

Bluetooth does work but still can't connect Xbox One Controller (same input/output error)

Run EmulationStation. pick game (tried both PSX and 3DS) and it looks like it's going to load, then it goes back to game selection screen and the screen just flickers, have to alt-f4 it to go back to normal Kodi.

Will try to get some logs tomorrow.

Beta 07 is Generic/KVIM is online:

• added Khadas VIM (S905X based device)
    • updated to latest LE9.0 upstream
    • updated generic kernel to 4.18.9 / RPi to 4.18.8
    • updated to QT 5.11.2
    • updated mesa to 18.2.1-RC
    • updated LLVM to v7.0.0
    • fixed Nvidia driver -> legacy driver should now detect series 400/500/600 cards correctly
    • updated to Retroarch 1.7.5-dev
    • updated several libretro-cores / Dolphin to r5.0-8743
    • added libretro-chailove to generic builds -> delete your es_systems.cfg before you update!

Live USB now boots up with no xorg problems.

Blueetooth isn't working but I need to install this build properly tomorrow to see if that's an actual problem or just from doing a live boot as opposed to a real one.

(have a generic PC bluetooth adapter. On previous Escalade build could connect my headphones but no luck on Xbox One Controller, kept getting input/output error).

Can you try the regular LE9.0 Alpha 5 and see if that one boots? LibreELEC (Leia) v8.90.005 ALPHA – LibreELEC

Can you name the specs/hardware you use beside the GT 520 card?

Yeah, using a LiveUSB with that link it boots up fine.

AMD Turion(tm) II Neo N40L Dual-Core Processor, 4 gigs of RAM.
    (using an old HP Microserver N40L if it makes a difference)

My build comes with a xf86-video-nvidia-legacy driver v340.107 that should support your card.

Post your logfiles and maybe we figure out what's wrong.

Hum, I don't think I can as it never actually loads up to LE, it just stays on the (sorta) command line?

Have loaded up a different build on the meantime so I can use the mediaserver, but if you can tell me how to pull logs without it fully loading up let me know and I'll reinstall it!

Doing a liveusb run, this is what I get:

Hi there

Long time Kodi user but only now looking at the emulator side of things.

Tried to install the Escalade build but it won't start any games for me.

Was trying to install this build as it seems more up to date, but get a "failed to start xorg server" error.

Using an Nvidia GT520 (admittedly quite old), maybe it's not supported anymore?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!