Geniatech Mygica HDStar DVB-S2 USB HD not working

• is is possible that I fu up the patch - the tree is rather messy and has pre applied patches (wtf really)

you could try at ubuntu if it works there, if it also doesn't works there the driver is broken

• I asked him again he sent me the driver for windows and he insists that the linux driver is the proper one.

• in my repo this geniatech specific ds3000 driver present as ds3k (also present original V4L DVB ds3000 frontend driver).

i change dw2102 driver for using ds3k for su3000 devices and this work with my old HDStar with TS2020/DS3000. Kernel 4.4 (Kubuntu 14.04.05)

And i not see any new ds3103 revision support in this driver. So this geniatech media_build just updated to latest kernels/distros since first from end 2014.

• Sorry, english isn't my native tongue, and I don't know if I'm understanding you. Do you mean that you had to change dw2102 driver in order to get your old HDStar working on Ubuntu? Is that possible with this new revision?

PS: it's a shame because I updated to 4.13 kernel because it was needed to build the driver. I dind't save any log of the building process in 4.4 and idk how to boot in 4.4 again from ssh.

• I try a mail, we already try around at geniatech to get some sample but due there company structure it is rather difficult to get something.

Even worse none of us has any hardware to test. Maybe I get some kind of helpful reply.

• Sounds like same issue here with a brand new Mygica HDStar DVB-S2 USB. Not appearing in TVheadend tuner list under both LibreElec 8.2.5 official and Ubuntu server 18.04 with kernel 4.16. Relevant section of dmesg from Ubuntu below:

and lsusb -v:

And in /dev/dvb:

Code
    1. ~$ ls /dev/dvb/adapter0
    2. demux0 dvr0 net0 #mygica dvbs2
    3. ~$ ls /dev/dvb/adapter1
    4. demux0 dvr0 frontend0 net0 #Xbox One tuner

Have tried with dvb-fe-ds3000.fw in /lib/firmware. Are we waiting for new drivers or firmware for these devices then? Is there a good thread to follow for progress on this issue? Let me know if there's more info anyone needs as I'm not a linux expert myself. Also want to thank everyone here for lots of help over the past 2 years!

• I mailed geniatech, got an reply with exactly the same driver (not a single word to the attached dmesg etc) and after a writing back that this driver is not working I got no reply. Idk if trsqr got finally his test sample to write some driver. At the moment it looks like that the vendors don't give a fu :(

• nope - at least nothing that came to my attention

geniatech was not even able to give any feedback besides some boilerplate

other vendors don't react at all (even after they promised to send a sample)

/shrug