.Net Core runtime and Emby

• Unfortunately, the crash I was facing previously still happens. My server worked all day, and then overnight at around 6am my Emby server went down. I've tried to look in the logs for possible reasons for the crash, but I couldn't really see anything critical at the end of the file.

Here is the log:

Emby Log.txt

• Official Post

Unfortunately, the crash I was facing previously still happens. My server worked all day, and then overnight at around 6am my Emby server went down. I've tried to look in the logs for possible reasons for the crash, but I couldn't really see anything critical at the end of the file.

Here is the log:

Emby Log.txt

I have no idea what is going on.

You could check that Emby has enough memory, for example by running top, then typing m.

In any case, you should report this to the Emby dev.

• Memory usage never reaches much more than 500MB of RAM under load, but if it was idle all night it shouldn’t have used a ton of memory. Will definitely report this to the devs.

• Now, I don't know for sure, but so far it has not crashed. I think the crash is fixed by lowering the amount of times DLNA blasts its alive messages.

According to this post, this seems to be the issue. The latest beta of Emby (3.6.0.1) seems to address this issue, but I'll have to test it a little further to make sure.

Is there any way I can manually update the build? Previously with Mono it was as simple as replacing a few files with the addon's Emby.Mono folder, but the same technique does not seem to be working for Net Core.

Edited 2 times, last by samuelqwe (July 20, 2018 at 7:23 PM).

• I would like to test the latest beta release of Emby Server (3.6.0.2), is it possible to get a build for it? Also, is there a way I can build this myself so I can update without needing to wait for you to build the addon with the correct version?

In terms of crashing, disabling DLNA really seems to have done it. No more crashes while idle! I’ve had a crash since, but it was unrelated and it happened while remuxing.

Anyways, I’d like to thank you for the work you’ve done to bring Emby (.Net Core) to LibreELEC.

• try my update script

Worked perfectly! I saw that the script is able to detect the latest stable, as well as all the betas. I think it would be a good idea if you added a command for updating to the latest beta without typing in the version, just like the emby-update stable command.

Otherwise, it works nicely and it should be so much easier to update Emby now.

• Official Post

I think it would be a good idea if you added a command for updating to the latest beta

I basically didn't wanted to make it as simple as possible to prevent ppl to use cron or put it into autostart.sh and such crap as this is 100% unstable and every Emby update could kill the function. It works now - no idea if it works tomorrow - if they change major thing it breaks (thats why there is no gui button) :)

• I basically didn't wanted to make it as simple as possible to prevent ppl to use cron or put it into autostart.sh and such crap as this is 100% unstable and every Emby update could kill the function. It works now - no idea if it works tomorrow - if they change major thing it breaks (thats why there is no gui button) :)

That makes sense. You wouldn’t want users to get mad at something that won’t necessarily always work. Even having the ability to update to a beta if I want, is more than enough. After all, they’re beta versions and they aren’t made for the typical user.

• Does this version of Emby support both Skia and ImageMagick as image processing dependencies? I'm asking because there's this issue with some clients that cause graphical glitches when there is no image processing before sending the images. If the dependencies are already both available, the Emby developers will be able to switch on support for ImageMagick, and that would eliminate issues with graphics in some clients.

• Official Post

Does this version of Emby support both Skia and ImageMagick as image processing dependencies? I'm asking because there's this issue with some clients that cause graphical glitches when there is no image processing before sending the images. If the dependencies are already both available, the Emby developers will be able to switch on support for ImageMagick, and that would eliminate issues with graphics in some clients.

Emby for .Net Core supports both.

The addon ships with ImageMagick.

• Official Post

So, ImageMagick should work, but is Skia also included, or does that need to be installed seperately?

SkiaSharp should be installed serarately. I would not know how to install/use nuget. Do you?

Also, Emby for .Net Core has been pushed. You can update it to whatever version by replacing the /storage/.kodi/addons/http://service.emby/emby directory.

Emby settings suggest an auto-update feature, but I am not sure it is operational.

• SkiaSharp should be installed serarately. I would not know how to install/use nuget. Do you?

Also, Emby for .Net Core has been pushed. You can update it to whatever version by replacing the /storage/.kodi/addons/http://service.emby/emby directory.

Emby settings suggest an auto-update feature, but I am not sure it is operational.

It's possible SkiaSharp installs quietly during the installation of Emby Server, but I have no way of knowing for sure. Maybe I have to install Mono to get SkiaSharp to work, but I'll have to look into it. I have also updated to the latest version of the add-on on the repository, and then I updated to the latest beta (3.6.0.2). Also, I know some versions of Emby do update automatically, but I have no idea how it works.

I found this for SkiaSharp: NuGet Gallery | SkiaSharp 1.60.2

However, using any of them doesn't work, except for the .Net one which LibreELEC tells me to install the .Net SDK.

• Hi guys :) I'm completely new to Emby. Used awiouy script to update but got v 3.0.8100.0 in web browser and can't connect any device to my server.

Is there something I'm missing ? :(

Got this in console

• Hi guys :) I'm completely new to Emby. Used awiouy script to update but got v 3.0.8100.0 in web browser and can't connect any device to my server.

Is there something I'm missing ? :(

Got this in console

Emby 3.6.0.33 is a beta release, which requires .Net Core runtime 2.1.3 (LibreELEC ships 2.1.2).

If you want to get familar with Emby, then use the addon provided by the LibreELEC Add-ons repository (updating the addon should fix your system).