.Net Core runtime and Emby

• An addon for .Net Core runtime 2.1.0 should be available soon from the LibreELEC Add-ons repository.

In the meantime, you can download a preview of the addon attached to this post.

To run the .Net Core runtime, install the addon and type `le_dotnet` at the console.

Emby will be switched from Mono to .Net Core.

You can download a preview of the Emby (3.4.1.0) for .Net Core addon attached to this post.

To run the Emby addon, first install the dotnet-runtime addon, then the Emby addon.

Emby listens at libreelec.local:8096.

Enjoy!

.Net Core for Generic

Emby for Generic

.Net Core for Odroid_C2

Emby for Odroid_C2

.Net Core for RPi2

Emby for RPi2

@

• So far the experience has been better than with the Mono releases, but I am facing an issue where the Emby server will shut down or won’t be able to connect randomly. The only way to fix is to reboot, and then it takes a bit of time to get back online. I’m not sure if the issue is because of LibreELEC 9, or because of the experimental nature of this addon.

I will probably end up reinstalling LibreELEC completely and installing this addon from scratch to see if the result is any different.

• So far the experience has been better than with the Mono releases, but I am facing an issue where the Emby server will shut down or won’t be able to connect randomly. The only way to fix is to reboot, and then it takes a bit of time to get back online. I’m not sure if the issue is because of LibreELEC 9, or because of the experimental nature of this addon.

I will probably end up reinstalling LibreELEC completely and installing this addon from scratch to see if the result is any different.

No need to reinstall LibreELEC: simply install Emby from the LibreELEC Add-ons repository and you will be using the latest Emby and Mono without losing your settings.

Before you do that, please provide a log of Emby for .Net Core runtime, to help determining where the issue lies.

One way of displaying the log after a crash is the command journalctl -u service.emby.

Thank you for your feedback.

@

• I was on a beta version of Emby before, so that’s probably why the stable version of Emby on the .Net Core version is behaving weirdly. I wanted to install it fresh, because I’ve also messed around with some of the files on the Mono release before I installed the .Net Core release.

I will, however, provide the log so you can better analyse what might be going on.

Last thing, what build/version of LibreELEC should I be using to properly test the addon? The latest LE9 build?

• I was on a beta version of Emby before, so that’s probably why the stable version of Emby on the .Net Core version is behaving weirdly. I wanted to install it fresh, because I’ve also messed around with some of the files on the Mono release before I installed the .Net Core release.

I will, however, provide the log so you can better analyse what might be going on.

Uninstall Emby and delete /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.emby

Then reinstall Emby.

That should be enough

@

• Uninstall Emby and delete /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.emby

Then reinstall Emby.

That should be enough

I did the steps above, but the issue persists. I didn’t have SSH enabled so I couldn’t log it, but I will try to get a log next time.

I’m not sure what causes it exactly, but it keeps happening. I can still use the Kodi web interface to reboot, and everything goes back to normal.

• I did the steps above, but the issue persists. I didn’t have SSH enabled so I couldn’t log it, but I will try to get a log next time.

I’m not sure what causes it exactly, but it keeps happening. I can still use the Kodi web interface to reboot, and everything goes back to normal.

Log is also available at smb://libreelec.local/userdata/addon_data/service.emby/logs/embyserver.txt

@