.Net Core runtime and Emby

• Official Post

An addon for .Net Core runtime 2.1.0 should be available soon from the LibreELEC Add-ons repository.

In the meantime, you can download a preview of the addon attached to this post.

To run the .Net Core runtime, install the addon and type `le_dotnet` at the console.

Emby will be switched from Mono to .Net Core.

You can download a preview of the Emby (3.4.1.0) for .Net Core addon attached to this post.

To run the Emby addon, first install the dotnet-runtime addon, then the Emby addon.

Emby listens at libreelec.local:8096.

Enjoy!

.Net Core for Generic

Emby for Generic

.Net Core for Odroid_C2

Emby for Odroid_C2

.Net Core for RPi2

Emby for RPi2

• So far the experience has been better than with the Mono releases, but I am facing an issue where the Emby server will shut down or won’t be able to connect randomly. The only way to fix is to reboot, and then it takes a bit of time to get back online. I’m not sure if the issue is because of LibreELEC 9, or because of the experimental nature of this addon.

I will probably end up reinstalling LibreELEC completely and installing this addon from scratch to see if the result is any different.

• Official Post

So far the experience has been better than with the Mono releases, but I am facing an issue where the Emby server will shut down or won’t be able to connect randomly. The only way to fix is to reboot, and then it takes a bit of time to get back online. I’m not sure if the issue is because of LibreELEC 9, or because of the experimental nature of this addon.

I will probably end up reinstalling LibreELEC completely and installing this addon from scratch to see if the result is any different.

No need to reinstall LibreELEC: simply install Emby from the LibreELEC Add-ons repository and you will be using the latest Emby and Mono without losing your settings.

Before you do that, please provide a log of Emby for .Net Core runtime, to help determining where the issue lies.

One way of displaying the log after a crash is the command journalctl -u service.emby.

Thank you for your feedback.

• No need to reinstall LibreELEC: simply install Emby from the LibreELEC Add-ons repository and you will be using the latest Emby and Mono without losing your settings.

Before you do that, please provide a log of Emby for .Net Core runtime, to help determining where the issue lies.

One way of displaying the log after a crash is the command journalctl -u service.emby.

Thank you for your feedback.

I was on a beta version of Emby before, so that’s probably why the stable version of Emby on the .Net Core version is behaving weirdly. I wanted to install it fresh, because I’ve also messed around with some of the files on the Mono release before I installed the .Net Core release.

I will, however, provide the log so you can better analyse what might be going on.

Last thing, what build/version of LibreELEC should I be using to properly test the addon? The latest LE9 build?

• Official Post

I was on a beta version of Emby before, so that’s probably why the stable version of Emby on the .Net Core version is behaving weirdly. I wanted to install it fresh, because I’ve also messed around with some of the files on the Mono release before I installed the .Net Core release.

I will, however, provide the log so you can better analyse what might be going on.

Uninstall Emby and delete /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.emby

Then reinstall Emby.

That should be enough

• Uninstall Emby and delete /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.emby

Then reinstall Emby.

That should be enough

I did the steps above, but the issue persists. I didn’t have SSH enabled so I couldn’t log it, but I will try to get a log next time.

I’m not sure what causes it exactly, but it keeps happening. I can still use the Kodi web interface to reboot, and everything goes back to normal.

• Official Post

I did the steps above, but the issue persists. I didn’t have SSH enabled so I couldn’t log it, but I will try to get a log next time.

I’m not sure what causes it exactly, but it keeps happening. I can still use the Kodi web interface to reboot, and everything goes back to normal.

Log is also available at smb://libreelec.local/userdata/addon_data/http://service.emby/logs/embyserver.txt

• Did you ever get a chance to check this out? Currently even the Mono version doesn’t work properly, because the current version does not work with the latest release of the ffmpeg tools addon. I think stuff was renamed on the ffmpeg side of things, and Emby can’t find ffmpeg anymore.

• Official Post

As for Emby for .Net Core:

The latest release of Emby for .Net Core is still 3.4.1.0, which was released on May 7th, 2018.

.Net Core runtime 2.1.2 has been released in the meantime.

I will submit updated .Net Core runtime (>= 2.1.2) and Emby addons as soon as Emby 3.4.2.0 is released.

This might take some time, because Emby seems under heavy rework.

As for ffmpeg:

Since Milhouse 18 #0628 ffmpeg has been removed from the LibreELEC image, and ffmpegx has been renamed ffmpeg in revision 102 of the FFmpeg Tools addon.

For Emby to use ffmpeg rather than ffmpegx unset Use dedicated ffmpeg/ffprobe in the Emby addon settings.