Help? LE 9 Community Builds

• Hello,

I am interested to start so Community builds. Ist there any one who can help me set this up. I have read this community rules but where to put files? I know how to compile files because I always built LibreELEC master since 7. I use OdroidC2. My source code I have in my personal git server.

How can I contact LibreELEC Odroid Developers if I have questions for features I make before sending to project?

Gruß

Thomas

• My source code I have in my personal git server.

The idea would be to use a public git repository (which is actually a Community Build requirement - that your code is published).

How can I contact LibreELEC Odroid Developers if I have questions for features I make before sending to project?

You can use the Amlogic forum - post questions/ideas and you should get a response. If you use a public git repo you can link to your branch when discussing code, ideas or problems.

• Thank you. I think is best to use what the project uses. It's no problem for me to use GitHub. I have no problem using git cause I worked in Debian for 10 years and we use git for packaging.

One question about contribution. I can send Pull request but what happens if it's not something the project wants to include. Can I keep it in the build?

• Official Post

I guess as long as it doesn't conflict with our privacy and/or piracy policies there's othing to say against features, drivers or whatever you want to implement.

Afaiu that's the whole reason for community builds. You guys implement something for someone who has a niche usecase (let's say some exotic driver). TeamLe decides that we don't want to implement that on our builds (for whatever reason). Then you are absolutely fine with keeping that driver (for example) in yourbuild which is also supported by you.

I don't see a problem with that, as long as everything stays legal.

• Official Post

We never allow/disallow something on the grounds of legality because the law of a specific country have little meaning to an internet based project with a global audience. Decisions are based on project policy which is formed from general morals.