LE 8.2.5 with UHD 630 / Coffee Lake / Gemini Lake support and luks

• sky42

where can I find the LSPcon improvements in your patches?

- additional driver disabled bcm_sta RTL8192CU RTL8192DU RTL8192EU RTL8188EU RTL8812AU

- kernel driver enabled RTL8XXXU RTL8192CU

- removed kernel patch linux-051-ouya_controller_support.patch and linux-053-spinelplus-remote-0.2.patch

check out my git repo -> there are some kernel 4.16.x patches for your network & input devices.

GitHub - 5schatten/LibreELEC.tv: A bit more OS for KODI

• 5schatten i had trouble with 4.11.12. Then moved on to 4.13 and not really better. Found a patch for 4.13 that helped. And since 4.14 all ist fine and all the LSPCon fixing was already in the kernel.

One big issue is the Firmware in the LSPCon. For Parade PS176 it should be 7.85 and for MDCP2800 for ASrock 1.66 for some Intel NUCs 1.72 and i did see also 1.71. From your HTPC setup description i would guess you nee MDCP2800 Firmware and it must be at least 1.66.

The description says LSPCon fix for my 8.2.5-3.42 beause the kernel 4.14. fixes it. Sorry that you searched in my patches, because i did not state it clear.

You can check what you have with

cat /sys/kernel/debug/dri/0/i915_display_info

Edited once, last by sky42 (May 9, 2018 at 10:11 PM).

• The 8.2.5-6.42 build is now done. Please read carefull because i needed to disbale some WLAN drivers to build 4.16

8.2.5-6.42 with kernel 4.16.8 and Coffee Lake support

- based on 8.2.5-5.42

- Coffee Lake Support without i915 alpha features

- disabled additional driver RTL8192CU RTL8192DU RTL8192EU RTL8188EU RTL8812AU bcm_sta

- enabled kernel driver RTL8XXXU RTL8192CU

- removed kernel patch linux-051-ouya_controller_support.patch and linux-053-spinelplus-remote-0.2.patch

- added openssl to linux kernel PKG_DEPENDS_TARGET

- Mesa 3D update 18.0.3

- applied init: add sky42 enhancements/bug fixes by MilhouseVH · Pull Request #2689 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

NINjak I be very interessted if the 4.16 solves your LG problem. I had also a Problem wirh my LG 55E6D and that was gone with 4.14

tomtomclub dont use a testing version if you dont have to

so here it is 8.2.5-6.42 with kernel 4.16.8 HiDrive

• I installed your 8.2.5-6.42 build on my NUC7PJYH connected to a Samsung LED TV and it works fine. Unfortunately, I also have the "signal lost" issue some guys have reported. Every time after Kodi starts, I have to switch on/off the TV to get a picture. I need to do the same after every framerate switch.

Another problem that I noticed, is that the integrated Bluetooth isn't working, so my remote won't connect.

• I installed your 8.2.5-6.42 build on my NUC7PJYH connected to a Samsung LED TV and it works fine. Unfortunately, I also have the "signal lost" issue some guys have reported. Every time after Kodi starts, I have to switch on/off the TV to get a picture. I need to do the same after every framerate switch.

Another problem that I noticed, is that the integrated Bluetooth isn't working, so my remote won't connect.

Have you tried this? Custom EDID [LibreELEC.wiki]

use yatse or remote on your mobil

• The last 2 days i rebuild all my image files and began from scratch for more order in my configs and patches.

All the new versions are now with a .1 like 8.2.5-X.42.1.

what was done

- rebuild all kernel config from scratch and used menuconfig to switch on what is needed, after that diff and applied this to the kernel config from git

- added to all versions PR init: add sky42 enhancements/bug fixes by MilhouseVH · Pull Request #2689 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

- removed all config/patches from 3.42, 5.42 and 6.42 for architektures that are not build

- added Wetek_Play to 1.42

- added RPi to 1.42, but i dont have one to test

- wrote a small readme and put it in all the 8.2.5 download folders

So if your setup is running fine you dont need to do anything, but you can.

• nice sky42 ;) I don't have to much time to make builds for community, mostly I build for raports issue, bugs etc.

and behind the scene make pressure on Intel to fix this asap,

Coffe lake is ready to go - I didn't expirenced any issue on my build, I'm only didn't test HD audio

btw. also I'm advice use drm-tip kernel version for Gemini and Coffe - the driver version is far away from 4.16

and maybe is good add to your build drm-debug in syslinux, then users easly with no extra work (editing) will could post logs on BZ

• Hi, SKY42.
    Thanks a lot for your work.

I tried the version (8.2.5-6.42 kernel 4.16) with my setup:
    -J4105M
    -DVBSky S952

But TVHeadend are not working.
    I used 4.2 from repository and tested 4.3 from nightly builds and no way to access the server :9981
    I used the plugin Tvh2Kodi for access via kodi and it says that THV are not running.

Other ports like 8080 works.
    There are any way to get TVH working?

Best Regards, Nuno

• 8.2.5-5.42.1 with kernel 4.14.40 and Coffee Lake support

- libva-intel-driver disabled and replaced by intel-vaapi-driver 2.1.0 (this could break tvheadend42 plugin VAAPI support)

Sorry @psycmos i needed to update the intel lib and my fear was that will break tvheadend and it did. I just did a short try to build tvheadend42 in my 8.2.5-6.42.1 build env, but it wont build with or without transcoding.

• For adventures natures i just build a 8.2.5-6.42.1 with kernel 4.17-rc5. I did not try it on my own box, because i need to go to work.

@piotrasd since now 4.17-rc5 is building (rc4 would not) i can also try to make a drm-tip verion. I think that will be a extra version like 8.2.5-9.42.0.

• You can try this:

Code
    mkdir -p /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/lib 
    ln -s /usr/lib/libva.so /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/lib/libva.so.1
    ln -s /usr/lib/libva-drm.so /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/lib/libva-drm.so.1
    ln -s /usr/lib/libva-x11.so /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/lib/libva-x11.so.1
  • You can try this:

Code
    mkdir -p /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/lib 
    ln -s /usr/lib/libva.so /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/lib/libva.so.1
    ln -s /usr/lib/libva-drm.so /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/lib/libva-drm.so.1
    ln -s /usr/lib/libva-x11.so /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/lib/libva-x11.so.1

5schatten Thanks a lot! It works.
    Now i can access to TVH, but i can tune any channel.
    No drivers for DVBSky S952 are included .

Hi, tx for contributing, do you have some git for this changes too ? Also might we "need" some of the change at the official LE ?Can you

CvH, can you give some help to test my bundle? i haven't find any version o libreelec that are able to use J4105M + DVBSky S952.
    I can buy some beers for contributors!!! Best Regards,

• CvH, can you give some help to test my bundle? i haven't find any version o libreelec that are able to use J4105M + DVBSky S952.
    I can buy some beers for contributors!!! Best Regards,

What type of card do you use? S952 or S952v3

https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/dvbsky_s952

https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/dvbsky_s952_v3

Anyway both cards should be supported since kernel 3.19. You can try one of my builds and see if your card is supported. Maybe sky42 disabled module cx23885 in his kernel config and/or the firmware is missing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EDIT: CONFIG_VIDEO_CX23885=m ist set in his kernel config -> so eventually the firmware isn't loaded? Can you upload your dmesg output to pastebin?

sky42

I was wondering if you could create a git repo so it would be easier to understand what you have updated and changed.

Edited 4 times, last by 5schatten (May 16, 2018 at 12:00 PM).