LE 8.2.5 with UHD 630 / Coffee Lake / Gemini Lake support and luks

• Intel have fixed the Gemini Lake framebuffer compression bug in kernel 5.1.9 - it's now turned off by default.

changelog-5.1.9:

Well good news...but they didn't fix it actually they just used the same workaround we used not to have the glitch: disable fbc...

Only thing is fbc was here to do some hardware compression to save some bandwith and should then increase the performances...

The real fix would be to solve the glitch issue without disabeling fbc...but I guess we can't expect intel to put to much effort in drivers corrections...

• Well good news...but they didn't fix it actually they just used the same workaround we used not to have the glitch: disable fbc...

Yes, I was being sarcastic - I probably should have put double-quotes around the word fixed... :)

Given Intel don't seem willing to fix it properly, it does make me wonder if the hardware (silicon) is incapable of being fixed. Fortunately it seems to work adequately without fbc.

• Wow, Intel has found a cheaper way to fix problems: simply disable the problematic feature.

We've had the problem with the catastrophic ethernet performance and Intel disabled ASPM. Then we have these glitches and Intel disabled FBC. Is at least one power-saving feature still enabled in the current kernel?

I will never ever buy an intel cpu or gpu again. I use 20 EUR ARMs and 50 EUR Rasperries without big problems, but only my 300 EUR Intels have problems as this