Posts by zehner

Did you try the legacy or the generic build?

I've had the same problem with the legacy image of 11.0. I wanted to try that first on my outdated J4105, but neither update nor new install worked, only dozens of reboots and no safe screen. Even after a second download of the image, the same behaviour. Then I switched to the generic build and that worked without a problem.

So far so good. However current nightly build the lip sync is way out. Have to set it to ahead by 375ms to be in sync

just have a look at your kodi-logs and search for "advancedsettings.xml". If you see something like "<delay>175</delay>", then Kodi is configured to delay the audio by 175ms. Since about 10.0.2, libreelec adds this delay as default for Intel, because 10 year old Intel SOCs needed this, but not the newer ones.

If you have a delay in your xml, then copy the advancedsettings.xml from "/usr/share/kodi/system" to "/storage/.kodi/userdata" and edit the delay from "175" to "-175". If you already have this xml in userdata, then merge the content of the system file with your file and change the delay.

Don't forget to reboot and reset the audio delay in kodi, if you have changed it in the player OSD.

returning the case is not an option, because the old firmware has hidden the "bug" (sorry, it's ridiculous to call it bug because it rendered a picture) long enough, so that I (and perhaps other users) can't return the case. And I can confirm, that it works without the case, I've tested it and it's really working (before and after the update).

To the other users here who still had hopes, that they get their picture back without buying new hardware:

in pi-speak, the bug was, that we get a picture. Now they have fixed this "bug" by stopping rendering the picture. Just do the math how likely it is, that they fix (er sorry, i mean break in pi-speak) the functionality again and bring us back the rendering...

sorry, no answer there, because they don't explain, why they have changed this behaviour in the middle of the lifetime of the soc. They can change such things before they go to market, but not after that, when the manufacturers already have tested, that their parts are working (and they have worked before). I think we should all send our cases back to the manufacturers, say them, that their cases are against the spec and demand our money back, then it's only a matter of days until this commit is reverted or the pi foundation goes bankrupt ;)

I don't think the strict handling is a wise decision, if every part of your pi comes from a different manufacturer. Now we have cases that no longer work and we can't buy a new one, because we don't know which cases fulfill the specs strictly. And it's not the pi-way, to buy the parts from one single manufacturer or buy every year a new pi, that's the CoreELEC-way.

For me it sounds, that someone has made this change without reason and without knowing the consequences and now is happy to pass the buck to the manufacturers. But then the pi foundation should be honest and say: dump your case, we will never fix this and we cross our fingers, that your next case works

How can the case be the problem, if the same case with the same cable on the same port renders the screen before 10.0.1 (everytime, not only sometimes) and only the update breaks the signal (everytime, not only sometimes). I went the downgrade route again and now I have picture and HDMI CEC on 10.0.0. That's clearly a regression and I wouldn't blame LibreELEC or Kodi, because RaspiOS users have the same problems after recent updates. Even if the source is a problem with the port, the old driver/firmware laughed about it and rendered the screen anyway, only the new driver/firmware crashes on every little problem. Have a look at this thread or

RPi4B goes to black screen with vc4-kms-v3d after commit#1e494f1 · Issue #1647 · raspberrypi/firmware
    Decription of issue: RPi4B goes to the black screen of TV LG 42LK450-ZB (2012). The booting process with 4 raspberries is visible, after that the black screen…
    github.com
    RPi4B/Kodi goes to black screen with vc4-kms-v3d after commit 19272ccd69049aaf42c78a235a0bf37dbabd5ea7 · Issue #1648 · raspberrypi/firmware
    This commit leads to a black screen (TV says no signal) after Kodi is started. This occurs with all tested kernel versions (5.10.60 - 5.10.75 and 5.14.14) and…
    github.com
    [BUG] Black screen with hdmi_enable_4kp60=1 on current nightly · Issue #5929 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv
    Describe the bug Yesterday I updated to LE11 nightly from LE10 - wanted to test the new deinterlacer. After the update I had only a black screen. However, Kodi…
    github.com

All users have the same problem, the screen is rendered without problems before the upgrade and no signal after the upgrade

I always use HDMI-1 on my pi (without problems until version 10.0.1), because with HDMI-0 HDMI CEC doesn't work. Here the results for HDMI-1 (black screen)

pastekodi

http://ix.io/3Mt5

modetest | pastebinit

http://ix.io/3IV8

is this command correct? I've copy & pasted it, but the file in the URL seems strange

If I switch to HDMI-0 on my pi, everything seems to work (but not HDMI CEC). Here the results for HDMI-0 (same cable as before)

pastekodi

http://ix.io/3Mtb

modetest | pastebinit

http://ix.io/3Mta

I've tested with many different cables (all were miniHDMI to regular HDMI cables, but not the official one) last time, but no difference, no picture on HDMI-1 for versions after 10.0.1 (incl.), but for versions until 10.0.0 (incl.) I get a picture in kodi on HDMI-1.

The TV is a Samsung UE32F5370, the pi has a direct connection to it (no receiver in between).

The case is from Joy-IT https://joy-it.net/de/products/RB-MultimediaCase01 it uses the pi HDMI connectors and doesn't have an adaptor.

Going straight back to an earlier version won't have the problem magically fix itself in the new version, but we'll figure it out. Somehow.

How can affected LibreELEC users help to identify the problem or at least to verify, that all have the same problem?

e.g. https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/issues/1648 & https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/issues/1647 show both the same behaviour (black screen), but seem to have different reasons.

At the moment I have 10.0.0 installed, but if you need special logs, I can update again to 10.0.1 and send you the logs. But it seems, there are already many logs in this thread and in the issues section...

Did you test 10.0.0?

A few users (including me) have a blank screen after the update to 10.0.1, but 10.0.0 (even the downgrade from 10.0.1) works. But it's possible that your problem is unrelated, the "bad cluster" error is new to me.

Cris_
    November 3, 2021 at 10:33 PM

I have problems with the update from 10.0.0 to 10.0.1 on my Pi4. I've copied 10.0.1.img.gz file to the Update folder and restarted. LE decompresses the file and reboots as usual. After that I can only see the boot-rainbow-screen and then... nothing. My tv says "HDMI1 No Signal".

I can ssh to LE and the console says 10.0.1 (official). I copied the 10.0.1 file again to the Update folder, another reboot and still "No Signal".

At last the downgrade to 10.0.0 is working, i've copied the 10.0.0 file to the Update folder and after a reboot, Kodi shows again...

Someone with similiar problems?

I've updated my Pi4 from RC1 to Final, everything seems OK.

Do you assume problems with Hyperion-ng (because of the non working Hyperion Addon)?

My JoyIT-Multimediacase needs Hyperion-ng, but at least here it works as before after the update

Wow, Intel has found a cheaper way to fix problems: simply disable the problematic feature.

We've had the problem with the catastrophic ethernet performance and Intel disabled ASPM. Then we have these glitches and Intel disabled FBC. Is at least one power-saving feature still enabled in the current kernel?

I will never ever buy an intel cpu or gpu again. I use 20 EUR ARMs and 50 EUR Rasperries without big problems, but only my 300 EUR Intels have problems as this

The problem is not only with samba, it's because of the shitty realtek network drivers in kernel 4.19 upwards.

202945 – Realtek rt8169/rt81xx performance issue in kernel 4.19

I've also tried the workarounds mentioned there, some seem to improve the situation, but after all it's still there. If you have a realtek network card and only want to watch movies from a samba server, try to modify the video cache

HOW-TO:Modify the video cache - Official Kodi Wiki

Kodi has an excellent cache mechanism and with decent settings you can hide the problem (I've nearly no stalls while watching movies from my library). But that doesn't help for playback methods, where Kodi hasn't implemented caching (LiveTV, Netflix, Amazon), they are still nearly unwatchable

I don't know the boot time of a HDD with this system, but I have the Asrock j3160-ITX and the cheapest Kingston 64GB SSD and the boot time is 15 sec max with Krypton and Leia (even with the LibreELEC setting "Wait 10 sec for network" which I need because of my external MySQL-DB)

1 minute seems way to long, you should check your settings and temporarily deactive a few addons. I can see many exceptions with librespot and transmission-daemon (addons that I've never used) and

PlayMedia(http://icecast5.play.cz:80/expres128aac)

seems to block loading for a few seconds