Add-on which allows files to be pushed to a LE box over internet.

• Hi,

Basically I want to send a media file to my LE machine (at home) while I am in another location (eg office). So the file is already there when I come home.

The machine doing the 'send' is a windows machine so whatever solution needs to be compatible. The LE machine receiving the file will be powered on (of course).

I am aware of BTSync so that is one possibility I will look into. But I am not really looking for a 'sync', I just want to push a file.

Are there other solutions ? I don't know anything about SFTP...is that an option ?

• why not use the ftp server (proftpd)?

scp?

Are there add-ons (or built in functionality) for these protocols? Apologies if question is dumb.

What is a good method to know the public IP address of the LE box at home ? (it changes periodically). I guess I need some kind of DynaDNS type service?

• Syncthing does what you want. It runs on LE and Windows and is easy to install an configure.

@

• Syncthing does what you want. It runs on LE and Windows and is easy to install an configure.

Thanks for suggestion, I will check it out.

File/folder sync is not exactly what I am looking for, as the files I want to send do not permanently reside on the sending machine.

hi, thanks for the tip. was looking for something like this. i've read the initial post on the addon but can't find any info about it. any help? sorry for hijacking the post.

• Syncthing worked fine for me as well - however check your internet upload speed as even a small movie can take a while to upload. (My upload speed is only 6Mbps!

Dropbox is another option, but I haven't used it on Kodi/LE