Add "textmode" to kernel boot params in uEnv.ini and connect a USB keyboard. You'll boot to a console where you can run commands. After running them, remove textmode again, then reboot.
The above is now in the uEnv.ini.
Will try and report back .... I had the SD card in my main PC to try to find any log or other indication of problem. Nothing found.
I tried to start the service
I get no lit LEDs on the Switch for the eth connection, whereas all is good when using Android.
BTW, I tried to revert the edit while in textmode and failed ..... that partition is mounted ro ..... just to mention it
Also, it seems the USB 2 port is not functioning, the USB keyboard needed to use the USB 3 socket.
You have the 100M network, the other DTB. In Armbian I added the option in the LE have not yet. You can try DTB from Armbian LE (add new dtb and set it to "uEnv.ini").
chewitt You can use a shared x96max file and change the network settings for x96max 2Gb.
hi, I got a phicomm T1 box from china vendor, with meson q201.dtb, it boots from my usb stick and succeeds partition optimization. On the next boot, it hangs on LibreELEC splash screen. I tried appending textmode in uEnv.ini, after booting, I noticed there is no error meesages in console, only received kodi#.
can you help check the kodi.log attached? thanks.
You can try DTB from Armbian LE (add new dtb and set it to "uEnv.ini").
I copied the dtb file from that link and added it to the 'dtb' directory on the SD card
I also edited the uEnv.ini file to read
Unfortunately it did not work.
In the LE config addon the network was ticked as active, but there was no connection.
The switch did not see any active NIC ..... no leds lit for the connection.
Thanks for the response.
I will be able to test other DTBs should you want me to.
Just installed LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-9.1-devel-20190419173639-68723cf.img.gz onto clean SD, then modified uEnv.ini with text editor to point to meson-gxm-khadas-vim2.dtb before completing build SD and then booting up for first time via vim2
Unable to complete boot into LibreELEC
Freezes at LibreELEC Splash image with "LibreELEC (community): devel-20190419173639-68723cf" in top left corner of screen.
Unlike 20190417 & 20190419 builds, kvim2 booting up and behaving as expected with LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-9.1-devel-20190421143116-68723cf.img.gz (editing uEnv.ini to add pointer to meson-gxm-khadas-vim2.dtb)
Thanks for updated build
LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-9.1-devel-20190421143116-68723cf and after inclusion of previous libreELEC backup to avoid manually setting up as required. Noticing issues with LibreELEC addons unable to load correctly i.e. tvheadend client and inputstream.adaptiveCode
- ERROR: Unable to load /storage/.kodi/addons/pvr.hts/pvr.hts.so.4.4.16, reason: /storage/.kodi/addons/pvr.hts/pvr.hts.so.4.4.16: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
- ERROR: Unable to load /storage/.kodi/addons/inputstream.adaptive/inputstream.adaptive.so.2.3.15, reason: /storage/.kodi/addons/inputstream.adaptive/inputstream.adaptive.so.2.3.15: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
MikeKL you will need to uninstall any aarch64 binary add-ons from the LE repo and then reinstall arm versions. As long as you keep the config data when uninstalling (Kodi will prompt to remove it or not) it's a simple and quick process.
chewitt I tried to do that by deleting and then reinstalling addons from repo but for whatever reason it appears to make little difference?
Just attempted again along with reboot between removal and reinstal of offending addons, did notice an unable to install tvheadend client from repo message or similar...
Also remove /storage/.kodi/addons/packages .. as the add-on filenames don't include aarch64/arm and Kodi will reinstall from the cache (of aarch64 binaries) if the repo and local add-on versions match.
Removing packages folder then re-installing addons from repo seems to have sorted issue thanks
I am personally happy with my VIM2 which I purchased in order to be prepared with device that I could easily switch to Android with varied TV Apps installed (running on EMMC) when latest stable versions of LibreELEC and/or CoreELEC installed on SD with add-ons included that I currently use are unable to provide Live TV streaming/catch-up services consistently for whatever the reason. (I don't have TV with any build in catch-up apps and am in no rush to purchase at the moment) It’s working very well in this particular role for me.
I have not attempted to connect USB DVB-T to my vim2 directly as my existing rpi3 b+ is set-up for that purpose and works very well providing Live TV around home to various devices “including vim2 via tvheadend client” connected to rpi3 b+ running tvheadend backend 24/7 on my home network.
I essentially purchased VIM2 because I enjoy fiddling around in spare time at a user level, keeping myself aware of latest tech trends with regard to running kodi etc.
As your no doubt aware (if your following this thread) stable version of LibreELEC based on kodi 18 is not available for VIM2, but by regularly installing community alpha releases provided via this thread (thanks to balbes150 etc) things do appear to be moving in right direction reference future LibreELEC test builds based on kodi 19.