@balbes150 LE images with Kodi-19 for S9xxx

• Code
    dtb_name=/dtb/meson-g12a-x96-max.dtb
    bootargs=boot=LABEL=LIBREELEC disk=LABEL=STORAGE quiet console=ttyAML0,115200n8 console=tty0 textmode

The above is now in the uEnv.ini.

Will try and report back .... I had the SD card in my main PC to try to find any log or other indication of problem. Nothing found.

• Code
    systemctl stop [email protected] && systemctl disable [email protected]

Failed to stop [email protected]: Unit [email protected] not loaded

I tried to start the service

Code
    systemctl start [email protected]
    Failed to start [email protected]: Unit [email protected] not found

Another suggestion?

EDIT:

I get no lit LEDs on the Switch for the eth connection, whereas all is good when using Android.

BTW, I tried to revert the edit while in textmode and failed ..... that partition is mounted ro ..... just to mention it :)

Also, it seems the USB 2 port is not functioning, the USB keyboard needed to use the USB 3 socket.

Edited 4 times, last by JohnBoyz: added info (April 20, 2019 at 6:09 PM).

• X96 Max

2GB/16GB

You have the 100M network, the other DTB. In Armbian I added the option in the LE have not yet. You can try DTB from Armbian LE (add new dtb and set it to "uEnv.ini").

https://yadi.sk/d/yt9wcmnwec8dcq

chewitt You can use a shared x96max file and change the network settings for x96max 2Gb.

Amlogic_s905-kernel/meson-g12a-x96-max-2gb.dts at master · 150balbes/Amlogic_s905-kernel · GitHub

• hi, I got a phicomm T1 box from china vendor, with meson q201.dtb, it boots from my usb stick and succeeds partition optimization. On the next boot, it hangs on LibreELEC splash screen. I tried appending textmode in uEnv.ini, after booting, I noticed there is no error meesages in console, only received kodi#.

can you help check the kodi.log attached? thanks.

• You can try DTB from Armbian LE (add new dtb and set it to "uEnv.ini").

https://yadi.sk/d/yt9wcmnwec8dcq

I copied the dtb file from that link and added it to the 'dtb' directory on the SD card

Code
     ls ./dtb/meson-g12a-sei510.dtb  
    meson-g12a-u200.dtb  
    meson-g12a-x96-max-2gb.dtb  
    meson-g12a-x96-max.dtb  
    meson-g12b-odroid-n2.dtb

I also edited the uEnv.ini file to read

Code
    dtb_name=/dtb/meson-g12a-x96-max-2gb.dtb
    bootargs=boot=LABEL=LIBREELEC disk=LABEL=STORAGE quiet console=ttyAML0,115200n8 console=tty0

Unfortunately it did not work.

In the LE config addon the network was ticked as active, but there was no connection.

The switch did not see any active NIC ..... no leds lit for the connection.

Thanks for the response.

I will be able to test other DTBs should you want me to.

• balbes150 Ref previous post and issue unable to get 20190417 arm & aarch64 builds, to boot up correctly on my vim2 Pro.

Just installed LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-9.1-devel-20190419173639-68723cf.img.gz onto clean SD, then modified uEnv.ini with text editor to point to meson-gxm-khadas-vim2.dtb before completing build SD and then booting up for first time via vim2

Unable to complete boot into LibreELEC

Freezes at LibreELEC Splash image with "LibreELEC (community): devel-20190419173639-68723cf" in top left corner of screen.

Unlike 20190417 & 20190419 builds, kvim2 booting up and behaving as expected with LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-9.1-devel-20190421143116-68723cf.img.gz (editing uEnv.ini to add pointer to meson-gxm-khadas-vim2.dtb)

Thanks for updated build :cool:

• LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-9.1-devel-20190421143116-68723cf and after inclusion of previous libreELEC backup to avoid manually setting up as required. Noticing issues with LibreELEC addons unable to load correctly i.e. tvheadend client and inputstream.adaptive

Code
    ERROR: Unable to load /storage/.kodi/addons/pvr.hts/pvr.hts.so.4.4.16, reason: /storage/.kodi/addons/pvr.hts/pvr.hts.so.4.4.16: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

ERROR: Unable to load /storage/.kodi/addons/inputstream.adaptive/inputstream.adaptive.so.2.3.15, reason: /storage/.kodi/addons/inputstream.adaptive/inputstream.adaptive.so.2.3.15: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

Kodi debug log

• chewitt I tried to do that by deleting and then reinstalling addons from repo but for whatever reason it appears to make little difference?

Just attempted again along with reboot between removal and reinstal of offending addons, did notice an unable to install tvheadend client from repo message or similar...

Kodi Log

• Hi MikeKL,

Can a VIM2 be received? Can you recommend this? I want to buy for Live Tv.

Best regards.

I am personally happy with my VIM2 which I purchased in order to be prepared with device that I could easily switch to Android with varied TV Apps installed (running on EMMC) when latest stable versions of LibreELEC and/or CoreELEC installed on SD with add-ons included that I currently use are unable to provide Live TV streaming/catch-up services consistently for whatever the reason. (I don't have TV with any build in catch-up apps and am in no rush to purchase at the moment) It’s working very well in this particular role for me.

I have not attempted to connect USB DVB-T to my vim2 directly as my existing rpi3 b+ is set-up for that purpose and works very well providing Live TV around home to various devices “including vim2 via tvheadend client” connected to rpi3 b+ running tvheadend backend 24/7 on my home network.

I essentially purchased VIM2 because I enjoy fiddling around in spare time at a user level, keeping myself aware of latest tech trends with regard to running kodi etc.

As your no doubt aware (if your following this thread) stable version of LibreELEC based on kodi 18 is not available for VIM2, but by regularly installing community alpha releases provided via this thread (thanks to balbes150 etc) things do appear to be moving in right direction reference future LibreELEC test builds based on kodi 19.