Test LibreELEC images with KODI-19 for S9xxx

• Hi guys,

Been a very long time since I done this,the last time was when kzaq was about.

I notice the writing of the SD is now completely different.

I've downloaded the correct image and burnt to SD but I'm unsure what I need to configure to get it to boot.

Where do put dtb?

The unev.txt file part is confusing the hell out of me too (I'm hopeless)

If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers gaz

Device I'm hoping to install on is mecool km9pro s905x2

• (Ubuntu 18.04) self compile error at install Wireguard step. Previously no problem until I did a git pull, which now says I am up to date. Using Libreelec repo. Using arm make, not aarch64.

• The site has a new version 20200407. The kernel 5.6.2. And added new WiFi modules.

Thanx for building LibreElec for S9xxx device.

Currently I'm using Fiberhome HG680P (S905x P212) and it boot instantly (without changing any DTB - LibreELEC-ARM-ALL.arm-9.80-devel-20200407153805-569f834-amlgx.img.gz)

I know this is still in development phase so there's one or two things need to be fix, but if there's a chance, can you put more wifi driver for my device (Fiberhome HG680P) it uses rtl8188fu (some varian uses rtl8188fs), thanx in advance!

• Should the AMLGX image work with the La Frite? Have been using the Amlogic nightly successfully but they're no longer being publish.

Have flash the USB drive successfully, and changed the uEnv file to reference the correct DTB file, but the La Frite just keeps cycling through its boot process and wont boot off the USB drive.

• I know this is still in development phase so there's one or two things need to be fix, but if there's a chance, can you put more wifi driver for my device (Fiberhome HG680P) it uses rtl8188fu (some varian uses rtl8188fs), thanx in advance!

rtl8188fu available in recent builds.

Which dtb should I use?

Correct. (which question - is the answer, I won't guess what your model is).

Should the AMLGX image work with the La Frite? Have been using the Amlogic nightly successfully but they're no longer being publish.

Have flash the USB drive successfully, and changed the uEnv file to reference the correct DTB file, but the La Frite just keeps cycling through its boot process and wont boot off the USB drive.

If you have a u-boot in SPI\eMMC, use the image for odroid-c2\nanopi-k2 with the correct DTB. All images (except g12) share a common core and differ only in a set of startup scripts.

• AMLGX nightlies will resume when someone pushes a fix for wireguard in master. I should probably start a separate thread so that users don't get confused with the different setup in Oleg's images.

• Despite that there are no useful video/music addons available at the moment for these builds, the LibreELEC-ARM-ALL.arm-9.80-devel-20200409150326-569f834-amlgx.img.gz works on the (only headed) x96mini 2/16 box here with eth and usb-sound as expected basically. When I play the Test-Video from Armbian install on eMMC the player doesn't stop at the end of the video and ui is frozen after few button press(on keyboard). After power cycle le boots up again. Will test with other files and formats later too, but mp4(as the testvideo) played always perfect in history and behaviour with that file on armbian is normal..

• rtl8188fu available in recent builds.

Yes it works now, many thanx!

Currently using LibreELEC-ARM-ALL.arm-9.80-devel-20200410141147-92efcc1-amlgx.img.gz with Prime hardware acceleration disabled (seek function will freeze if enabled)