@balbes150 LE images with Kodi-19 for S9xxx

• sorry for noob question - but ..

will the image run from sd card and let android untouched as any other libreelec image

or will it install to nand and remove android ?

• sorry for noob question - but ..

will the image run from sd card and let android untouched as any other libreelec image

all libreelec builds run from sd card, and will not touch android.

• When checking I found an error in the image S905_20180425. The kernel does not start if do not specify any dtb option during Assembly. As a workaround, I've compiled a variant with the included dtb from Khadas VIM. After recording the image (if you do not have a VIM1 model), you need to delete the current file "dtb.img " and try the first run without it. If the system does not start, then you should try copying the appropriate option from the device_trees directory, as described earlier . I hope in the future I will correct this mistake.

Now on the website the corrected version with dtb from VIM.

sorry for noob question - but ..

Yes, this version works with any external SD or USB media without removing the native Android firmware. If desired, you can (after checking with external media) install it in eMMC instead of Android.

which device tree is appropriate for Tronsmart s905 metal.

For "S95 Meta" should fit the files "gxbb_p200_2G*"

For VegaS 95 Telos I checked the file "gxbb_p200_2G_1Gib"

• For now, as a workaround, you can use the menu items “Reboot from NAND” and “Reboot install to eMMC” in two steps.

1. Click on the desired item (there will be no external reaction of the system).
    2. Click the “Reboot” menu item. The system will reboot and simultaneously execute the selected menu item from the first item.

Also, to install the system in the eMMC, you can use the old standard version, through the execution of the script "installtointernal".

• Fyi. Image won´t start on Mecool KI pro. Tried with and without dtb.img. Then copied and renamed Kipro dtb from device tree folder. Didn´t start. See a Libreelec screen and something with debugging shell (can´t read it because of overscan from Monitor)

• I draw the attention of all. In the new images uses a generic multiboot. It allows you to run any system from external media (libreelec Armbian ArchLinux OpenSUSE, etc.). The new multi-boot is compatible with the previous Kszaq images (allows them to run from external media without additional operations). I. e. Universal multiboot can run new Libreelec, Linux images and old Libreelec images (kszaq assemblies) in which the FAT partition has the script s905_autoscript.

To switch to the new multi-boot option, you must reactivate the multi-boot option. This can be done through the update menu in the regular Android or button (if this mode is in the TV box).

• OK, normaly that nothing is forced, but what is the advantage of using one or the other?

Since there is no info of the diferences, do we have to use both versions to find them out?

• If I may ask, what is the difference between your LibreElec images and CoreElec images?

Or, why should one use this images instead CE, to what advantage?

The main difference is in kernel. LE use new nearly untested codesnake kernel. CE use kszaq kernel with intensive testing for last 6-8 months. Another difference is in support. Now LE has nearly no support for Amlogic. CE has the team-developers fixing issues in their Amlogic builds immediatly.

• which device tree is appropriate for Tronsmart s905 metal.

If you need a file for the remote (for Vega S95), here's a link to it. In the next versions, it will be immediately included in the image. Again, to use the configuration file, you must put it in /storage/.config/rc_keymaps named remote-ir.conf

Nothing found — Yandex.Disk

OK, normaly that nothing is forced, but what is the advantage of using one or the other?

Since there is no info of the diferences, do we have to use both versions to find them out?

As Coreelec it is a fork from Libreelec, you'd have to ask about the differences from the creators Coreelec (what they changed).

• If you need a file for the remote (for Vega S95), here's a link to it. In the next versions, it will be immediately included in the image. Again, to use the configuration file, you must put it in /storage/.config/rc_keymaps named remote-ir.conf

Nothing found — Yandex.Disk

Thanks Buddy, Always appreciate your efforts, I shall give suggestion a try, once I have it going, I shall post comments if any.

Nice job, keep up the good work.

• I found this gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit in the folder,

Thereare 8 files in the series of " gxbb_p200_2G" with extension of "_"

• I tried this build LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-17.6_20180106 which is fine, then update LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-18.0_20180425tar it hung at at Tronsmart logo or splash.

I tried this image LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-18.0_20180425.img, nothing hapen, just hanged at Transmart splash displayed.

What I'm doing wrong?

Edited once, last by e123enitan (April 29, 2018 at 3:12 AM).

• I tried this build LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-17.6_20180106 which is fine, then update LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-18.0_20180425tar it hung at at Tronsmart logo or splash.

If you upgrade to the new version of KODI 17 - >18, it is recommended that you completely clear all settings. They can cause a failure. There are no identical settings, each user changes something for themselves. Therefore, it is impossible to create a transition scenario that can take into account all such nuances.

I tried this image LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-18.0_20180425.img, nothing hapen, just hanged at Transmart splash displayed.

Try using dtb "week_play_2" or check out the rest of the 8 options in turn.