@balbes150 LE images with Kodi-19 for S9xxx

• Hi balbes150,

I have successfully installed and run your Kodi 18 (Leia) images for S812 - on an M8S OTT box (AP6330) on a USB stick.

I have tried both the MXIII_Plus and LAN_100 images and they work fine...except for the remote control.

I'm using the original remote control that came with the M8S.

I have tried a couple of "remote.conf" with no luck (from an M8 and an M8S)

Do you know of any "remote.conf" file that might work?

Thanks.

• Think you tried with wrong method, the ones that you tried is for Kodi 17.x.

With Kodi 18 Leia, you should follow the step here: LE9.0 remote configs ir-keytable Amlogic devices

For Kodi Laila the remote.conf method works nevermore. Now it works with rc_maps.cfg.

Read post no. one carefully.

White and tmm68, thanks for your help, much appreciated.

After re-reading post #1 (LE9.0 remote configs ir-keytable Amlogic devices) , I had a go at scanning for IR codes for my remote.

I used SSH to stop Kodi and Lirc with systemctl stop kodi and systemctl stop eventlircd

I know this worked because Kodi was frozen on screen.

Then I used ir-keytable -t and got the message to start pressing keys on my remote.

However, at this point nothing happened. I did not get any scan codes.

I also tried ir-keytable -c -p nec -t and ir-keytable -c -p rc-6 -t and ir-keytable -c -p all -t with no luck.

Is there something i'm missing...or doing wrong?

Edited once, last by senzalice (August 5, 2018 at 12:11 AM).

• Hi balbes: your Version is not compatible with COreelec Version. i cannot simply update your latest development Version on Coreelec latest Version eventhough both are of 64bit Version.

• I know asking this would be silly but have you put the battery in the remote? Is the remote working in Android?

• I know asking this would be silly but have you put the battery in the remote? Is the remote working in Android?

Yes...remote works fine in Android.

When I start SSH and issue these commands...

systemctl stop kodi

systemctl stop eventlircd

...kodi stops and screen goes blank.

If I then issue ...

systemctl start eventlircd

systemctl start kodi

Kodi comes back on screen as normal....therefore I must be doing it right.

Except that I get NO response when issuing ir-keytable -t

• Hello senzalice,

Except that I get NO response when issuing ir-keytable -t

It sounds that you don't use the right dtb.img file. Inside the external installation media (usb-stick or sd-card) is a folder called device_trees. You have to copy the file xxx.dtb (the one that fits your hardware) to the root of the instllation media. Then rename the file to dtb.img. After a reboot, the system should recognize your hardware and your ir-receiver should work.

If you do a ir-keytable -t in a terminal or over ssh, every stroke is promted with the ir-code on the screen.

In my case i took an existing rc_maps.cfg and modified just 6 values.

Before you start lirc and Kodi again, don't forget to activate the config with

ir-keytable -a /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg -s rc0

I have needed 3 attempts untill it worked like it should :) Keep on trying.

Regards

TMM

• Hello senzalice,

It sounds that you don't use the right dtb.img file. Inside the external installation media (usb-stick or sd-card) is a folder called device_trees. You have to copy the file xxx.dtb (the one that fits your hardware) to the root of the instllation media. Then rename the file to dtb.img.

Hi tmm68,

As mentioned in my first post above, I used balbes150 Kodi 18 (Leia) image for S812 (see link in post #1 of this thread)

The image I selected was LibreELEC-S812.arm-9.0-devel-20180718-130923-f2dced1-MXIII_Plus.img.gz

And after installing to USB stick, there is just one dtb.img (there is no folder called device_trees)

I have googled Amlogic device trees for S812 but have had no luck finding any.

Thanks for helping.

• I have successfully installed and run your Kodi 18 (Leia) images for S812 - on an M8S OTT box (AP6330) on a USB stick.

I have tried both the MXIII_Plus and LAN_100 images and they work fine...except for the remote control.

I'm using the original remote control that came with the M8S.

I have tried a couple of "remote.conf" with no luck (from an M8 and an M8S)

Do you know of any "remote.conf" file that might work?

In the current version of the kernel S812 no support for the remote control.

This topic is for discussion of the version for S9xxx . For version s812 used another topic.

Hi balbes: your Version is not compatible with COreelec Version. i cannot simply update your latest development Version on Coreelec latest Version eventhough both are of 64bit Version.

These versions are not compatible, do not try to upgrade, the original system will be destroyed.

The image LE-9 with the kernel 4.18.

Nothing found — Yandex.Disk

I am looking for volunteers to test the system installation mode in eMMC. A prerequisite is the presence of the UART console connection.

Please note, this is a test version and it has a lot of mistakes. I strongly recommend not to use it for beginners.