@balbes150 LE images with Kodi-19 for S9xxx

• Thanks balbes150 - I'm afraid I don't have the necessary cable to connect to UART. If it's of any help, this image from @chewitt's test repository did boot, but I had a number of minor usability issues - LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-9.80.7-odroid-n2.img.gz

Let me know the exact image you tried to boot, and what exact steps you took. I will generate a boot log for you.

• Thanks cdu13a - this is the image I downloaded and burned to an 8GB uSD card - LibreELEC-ARMv8.arm-9.80-devel-20201123124859-d174eba-odroid-n2.img.gz

I edited extlinux.conf to point to the n2-plus dtb. Contents as follows:

Code
    LABEL LibreELEC
      LINUX /KERNEL
      FDT /dtb/amlogic/meson-g12b-odroid-n2-plus.dtb
      APPEND boot=LABEL=LIBREELEC disk=LABEL=STORAGE quiet console=ttyAML0,115200n8 console=tty0 systemd.debug_shell=ttyAML0

Powered off the N2+, removed the existing eMMC card, inserted the uSD card and ensured the switch was set to MMC position. My N2+ is connected to the TV through a Sony AVR.

Powered the N2+. Nothing on-screen.

• Thanks cdu13a - this is the image I downloaded and burned to an 8GB uSD card - LibreELEC-ARMv8.arm-9.80-devel-20201123124859-d174eba-odroid-n2.img.gz

I edited extlinux.conf to point to the n2-plus dtb. Contents as follows:

Code
    LABEL LibreELEC
      LINUX /KERNEL
      FDT /dtb/amlogic/meson-g12b-odroid-n2-plus.dtb
      APPEND boot=LABEL=LIBREELEC disk=LABEL=STORAGE quiet console=ttyAML0,115200n8 console=tty0 systemd.debug_shell=ttyAML0

Powered off the N2+, removed the existing eMMC card, inserted the uSD card and ensured the switch was set to MMC position. My N2+ is connected to the TV through a Sony AVR.

Powered the N2+. Nothing on-screen.

If I use a CE image (9.2.5) burned to a uSD card, the screen will immediately display text indicating the image is checking the system and re-sizing the storage partition and then re-boot into CE.

balbes150  fat-tony Attached is the uart boot log with same image following the same steps as above.

balbes-boot-n2plus.log.txt

• balbes150 The newer buildings are working, everything went well.

Thanks. :thumbup::thumbup::):)

The chewitt constructions are also working, only the kodi is out of date, still alpha and not beta. :thumbup:

CvH Is there a way to activate a usb tuner? tbs5520se or even tuner mecool AVailink avl6862.:?:

Great job being done here!:thumbup::thumbup:

cdu13a Good to know that you are here friend! I'm happy for this.

Hope you're well!:thumbup:

• I tried the image LibreELEC-ARMv8.arm-9.80-devel-20201123124320-d174eba-amlgx.img, it started well, but it does not recognize Wi-Fi networks, or cable. What I can do?

CPU S905D

RAM 2GB

DVB

AP6212

Thank you so much for everything

• CvH Is there a way to activate a usb tuner? tbs5520se or even tuner mecool AVailink avl6862.:?:

Unfortunately, doesn't look like it will happen for Mecool dvb tuners. It's a shame the Chinese company wouldn't sponsor projects like libreelec/coreelec for this work - though I understand they only care about android not Linux.

In Coreelec, afl1, the guy familiar with dvb tuners has left the project so there is no-one knowledgeable about them to work on them.

http://%20https//discourse.cor…support/7156/37

• callagg2 We all know this part of history! thanks.:thumbup:

What about the usb tbs5520se tuner, do you know how to answer?

chewitt started some work with afl1 and the correcting AVailink developers! has this work gone or stopped?

Edited once, last by erbas (November 26, 2020 at 12:14 PM).

• I haven't had any contact with afl1 for 18+ months and I have never knowingly been in contact with any MeCool developers.

I do have direct contact with Availink who create the demod chips, but their repo is quiet since the summer (no idea why) and I haven't spoken to them for a while either. I got their new demod driver to compile, but quite a bit of work is needed to disentangle all the other drivers (tuners, demux) from their code so that each driver follows kernel APIs and can be independently compiled. Someone also needs to write a V4L2 deinterlace driver because we cannot use the Amlogic vendor drivers; it's written against a bunch of proprietary APIs that don't exist in the mainline kernel.

TL/DR; I wouldn't expect to have "integrated" DVB stuff working anytime soon.

• Hi everyone, does anyone know what is the correct .dtb file (device-tree file) for Mecool KIII 3 PRO and what is the correct version of the LIBREELEC ARM v8-9.80-devel? Is "amlgx" - "amlg12" or "amlgxbb"?

Thank you so much guys.

Giorgio

• Welcome! These versions are under development, in tests.:thumbup:

Hi everyone, does anyone know what is the correct .dtb file (device-tree file) for Mecool KIII 3 PRO and what is the correct version of the LIBREELEC ARM v8-9.80-devel? Is "amlgx" - "amlg12" or "amlgxbb"?

Thank you so much guys.

Giorgio

You can try!

Construction: amlgx

dtb: meson-gxm-q200.dtb

In uEnv edit the text leaving it like this.

Code
    LABEL LibreELEC
      LINUX /KERNEL
      FDT /dtb/amlogic/meson-gxm-q200.dtb

Another construction option:

Index of /testing/9.80/

As you noticed in previous posts the tuner is not working!

Not even a version.

• Thank you so much erbas. If none of this versions work with dvb tuner, i think i'll be waiting for a specific version. I mainly use the dvb-t tuner. I was really curious to try this os but in the meantime i'll continue to use android partition despite its big limitations. :)

• chewitt is the official maintainer of AML, so its test images should be considered as "official" and discussed in the appropriate topic (which is specially created for such discussion). This topic only discusses images that I create. Please note that the official versions and my versions have a significant difference in the launch methods, settings, and functionality, so information about them should be placed in different topics (so as not to confuse users who try to use different images with incorrect configuration and management steps). We kindly ask everyone to correctly place your information in the appropriate topics, do not create unnecessary problems for others.

• balbes150 - did you get a chance to look at the boot log in post #1,624 posted by cdu13a? I originally installed a chewitt build by mistake from a link in this topic, but subsequently tried one of your builds on my N2+ (not ordinary N2) which won't boot for me. I think your builds theoretically should be more likely to boot properly on the N2+ as they contain the boot.ini expected by the initial bootloader on the system.

• did you get a chance to look at the boot log in post #1,624 posted by cdu13a? I originally installed a chewitt build by mistake from a link in this topic, but subsequently tried one of your builds on my N2+ (not ordinary N2) which won't boot for me. I think your builds theoretically should be more likely to boot properly on the N2+ as they contain the boot.ini expected by the initial bootloader on the system.

Yes, I looked at the log. U-boot in my image is not suitable for direct launch in SD\eMMC mode for N2+. Need to build a different version of u-boot for your model. But I don't have an N2+ sample, so I'm sorry, I can't help you. The standard u-boot, which is in SPI, uses a clueless PITEBOOT that interferes with the direct execution of u-boot commands, so I doubt that you will be able to use my image in SPI mode (using boot.ini). For the N2 model (not plus), I created a special version of UbootSPI that allows you to run any system with USB \ SD\eMMC\LAN, but I think it will not work on N2+, need to create a special version for N2+.