Posts by cdu13a

The new LibreELEC img handles the device tree slightly differently then LibreELEC used to, or that CoreELEC currently does.

Instead of copying and renaming the dtb file you have to edit the uEnv.ini file.

in your case I believe you want to edit the line

dtb_name=/dtb/@@DTB_NAME@@

to look like this

dtb_name=/dtb/meson-gxl-s905x-p212.dtb

chewitt thank you for your explanation.

The box image runs great for watching TV with tvheadend.

I just wonder how I write the kvim1 image to the emmc. AML burn tool tells me, that your image is not valid. And it does noch Boot from SD.

I would like to use mainline uboot as well

I believe you need to boot the device with the box img(or any other linux img that you can boot via USB or uSD), then download the kvim1 img to the device and then dd the kvim1 img to the emmc, instead of using the crap AML tools, since the the img is a raw disk img.

Thanks cdu13a - this is the image I downloaded and burned to an 8GB uSD card - LibreELEC-ARMv8.arm-9.80-devel-20201123124859-d174eba-odroid-n2.img.gz

I edited extlinux.conf to point to the n2-plus dtb. Contents as follows:

Code
    LABEL LibreELEC
      LINUX /KERNEL
      FDT /dtb/amlogic/meson-g12b-odroid-n2-plus.dtb
      APPEND boot=LABEL=LIBREELEC disk=LABEL=STORAGE quiet console=ttyAML0,115200n8 console=tty0 systemd.debug_shell=ttyAML0

Powered off the N2+, removed the existing eMMC card, inserted the uSD card and ensured the switch was set to MMC position. My N2+ is connected to the TV through a Sony AVR.

Powered the N2+. Nothing on-screen.

If I use a CE image (9.2.5) burned to a uSD card, the screen will immediately display text indicating the image is checking the system and re-sizing the storage partition and then re-boot into CE.

balbes150  fat-tony Attached is the uart boot log with same image following the same steps as above.

balbes-boot-n2plus.log.txt

When I installed Librelec, I turned on SSH. However, i can't ssh because i don't know/remember the password.

I tried root/librelec, but that doesn't work.

Is there way to drop to the commandline and fix it, or do I have to reinstall librelec?

I don't know if you just made the typo just in your post or if you made the same typo when trying to ssh, but password is libreelec you missed one of the e

If you changed the password before and that is why you can't ssh into the device you can change it again.

Settings > LibreELEC > Services > SSH > SSH Password

Does this support currently work well on the libreelec-9.2 branch? I successfully built the branch and imaged my RPI4. I followed the steps in the linked WIKI to configure WireGuard and I seemingly connect from my LibreElec PI to the WireGuard server.

However, I am not able to ping in either direction and I'm not able to actually get any traffic to flow through the VPN. What are the best diagnostics steps I can take to figure out what's going on? I'm pretty technologically adept so happy to dig through logs and figure out what the potential issues could be.

I've been testing since initial support was added. There is a few small issues, but overall it has been working for me on an RPI2, and several other devices.

If you setup the Wireguard server yourself, you may want to try connecting to it from a different device to verify that your server is correctly setup and working. Just to rule out the problem being on the server end.

If everything works with another client, then check the IP addresses used in your config.

There are unfortunately a few inconsistencies with the info on the wiki, in regards to the IP addresses used in the examples. (The config shown, and the commands shown use different IP addresses. So any easy trap for anybody just doing a copy paste)

If in the servers config you have something like the following

Code
    [Interface]
    Address = 10.10.10.1/24
    [Peer]
    AllowedIPs = 10.10.10.2/32

Then on your client config you will need to have

Code
    WireGuard.Address = 10.10.10.2/24

If you would like I can post full config files for both my server and client setup, in case that might help you spot any possible issue in your own setup.

It depends on the content you wish to play back. If all your content is 4k@24hz,4k@24hz,4k@30hz or lower then you don't have any need to enable the higher refresh rate 4k modes. If you have content that you want to watch that is 4k50hz, or 4k60hz, then your best experience will be with the higher refresh rates enabled.

Hello guys,

Like everyone, I found youtube addon is not working anymore without a registered API.
    I already read this thread and I have not doubts on how to create personal keys: YouTube Plug-in Thread

I'm not a paranoid guy but kinda like my privacy so my question is:

Do I need to link these keys to a valid google account or is it a workaround to use it anonymous like in my browser?

Thank you in advance.
    Andres.-

Google doesn't use data from API key usage the same way that it uses data that it collects while using the youtube while logged in with a google account. API key usage is mostly just tracked to make sure nobody is abusing their service.