@balbes150 LE images with Kodi-19 for S9xxx

• I share your pain I have tried several times, using diff images, followed the steps as prescribed in this forum, yet am not able to install the latest in USB or SD Card, to the point that I have bricked two boxes in the process, but I was able to recovered them through manufacturer firmware, If you are able to get this working please share your experience and how. Presently I am on Coreelec but my preference is Libreelec

• Three versions of armv8: aarch64 (0618), amlgx (0629) and amlgxbb (0629), can be started on phicomm-t1, can play 4K video, WLAN is connected normally, only Bluetooth is not available. dtb is meson-gxm-q201

• Does anybody know if latest image supports audio pass-through in Odroid-C2?

Thanks

No worries, it does not work. Also CEC does not work neither, kodi is not detected by my TV with the latest test image. I will keep using the latest official build 9.0.2 for the time being.

• Official Post

Audio is PCM only at this time. Some work being done on HBR audio for Raspberry Pi has inspired some ideals for similr with Allwinner support, and since both Allwinner and Amlogic share the same DesignWare HDMI core IP this might lead towards support in Amlogic too. I'm not sure why CEC is not working.. but it's not something I test (my AVR deliberately disables it). I'll flag to one of the upstream maintainers.

• this CEC issue is weird and comes and gos with different builds

ie I have a Nexbox A95X, I was using a 'arm-all' build from 2 months ago, just updated to the latest armv8 build and it doesn't work again....

And I had a build about 3 months or so ago where it didn't work.....

Anyway I need a VPN client so can't use these builds it appears.....

Anyone recommend another build?

Thanks!

• Can someone please help me out with some potential troubleshooting? Like I mentioned, I have been able to successfully boot LE in the past but am stumped with the current process.

I have installed LE on an amlogic box in the past but for the life of me cannot figure out this new installation process.

So I wrote LE aarch64 on a micro SD using LE usb SD creator.

I edited the line in the uenv file to reflect qxm200 and then 201 when the first didn’t work and popped it into my S912 T95Z Max box.

Previously I used to be able to boot by typing in reboot update into terminal emulator. This doesn’t work now.

I have no idea what universal multi boot is or where to find it. I read one tutorial where it said to go into android settings - about - system and then point it to aml_autoscript file but I don’t get that option in my android settings. I also tried the toothpick method but it didn’t work.

I share your pain I have tried several times, using diff images, followed the steps as prescribed in this forum, yet am not able to install the latest in USB or SD Card, to the point that I have bricked two boxes in the process, but I was able to recovered them through manufacturer firmware, If you are able to get this working please share your experience and how. Presently I am on Coreelec but my preference is Libreelec

Sure, will keep you posted if I get lucky and hopefully with some help from someone here.

• Hello,

I made a quick and dirty test again with the latest test-build from test.libreelec.tv (LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-9.80-nightly-20200709-bbbb726-odroid-c2 <- kernel 5.7-rc1)

• WN822 now works! (nice)
    • CEC doesn't seem to work at all

Connected to external TVHeadend server:

• DRM PRIME hw acceleration doesn't seem to work at all, neither with SD (MPEG2) nor HD (720p/1080i AVC); the UI hangs completely, but the C2 is still working underneath (HTTP remote still responsive)
    • software decode works
    • audio plays back too fast (higher pitched as well) and cuts therefore often

Nice that the WLAN-Adapter works now out of the box! Thanks chewitt. Makes testing so much easier. :)