Posts by Trnctd

Hello,

I made a quick and dirty test again with the latest test-build from test.libreelec.tv (LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-9.80-nightly-20200709-bbbb726-odroid-c2 <- kernel 5.7-rc1)

• WN822 now works! (nice)
    • CEC doesn't seem to work at all

Connected to external TVHeadend server:

• DRM PRIME hw acceleration doesn't seem to work at all, neither with SD (MPEG2) nor HD (720p/1080i AVC); the UI hangs completely, but the C2 is still working underneath (HTTP remote still responsive)
    • software decode works
    • audio plays back too fast (higher pitched as well) and cuts therefore often

Nice that the WLAN-Adapter works now out of the box! Thanks chewitt. Makes testing so much easier. :)

First off I wanted to clarify that what I mentioned are just observations and not necessarily need fixing. I rarely have access to the Odroid, because it's not mine and therefore just used the opportunity to make a quick test :)

The TP-Link is indeed a Realtek chipset, but maybe with mainline support. It tries to use the rtl8xxxu driver, but I think this driver doesn't work that well, but it was really long ago that I tried that on a regular Ubuntu machine (and used a DKMS module in the end which is a pain). The Rock64 Libreelec build uses RTL871X, but I'm not sure it's a kernel module. dmesg output:

Display Spoiler
    Code
    usb 1-1.1: RTL8192EU rev B (SMIC) 2T2R, TX queues 3, WiFi=1, BT=0, GPS=0, HI PA=0
    usb 1-1.1: RTL8192EU MAC: d4:6e:0e:15:f1:16
    usb 1-1.1: rtl8xxxu: Loading firmware rtlwifi/rtl8192eu_nic.bin
    usb 1-1.1: Direct firmware load for rtlwifi/rtl8192eu_nic.bin failed with error -2
    usb 1-1.1: request_firmware(rtlwifi/rtl8192eu_nic.bin) failed
    usb 1-1.1: Fatal - failed to load firmware
    rtl8xxxu: probe of 1-1.1:1.0 failed with error -11

Regarding the long shutdown/reboot, thanks for the explanation. Sounds like a sensible workaround then.

CEC worked at some point with 5.3.0 I think, but it was also not reliably recognized. Just noticed that it doesn't seem to be activated at all now (old LG TV). CEC on that TV is not useable anyway as CECStandby doesnt seem to be supported by the TV, but in general it is probably a wanted feature I guess.

Hello,

I made a quick and dirty test with the latest test-build from test.libreelec.tv from 8th of March (kernel version 5.6-rc4) on Odroid-C2.

• out of the box it does not support the TP-Link WN822 does not work (works with amlogics 3.14 kernel)
    • CEC doesn't seem to work at all
    • restart and shutdown takes around 30 seconds or longer

Connected to external TVHeadend server:

• 720p H264 stream (Das Erste) works with small clock issues (jitter), but without blocking and with relatively low CPU usage (hw acceleration seems to work) - system remains pretty responsive
    • switching hanged the system, but the OS seemed to be there still, because the HTTP server was still reachable via Kore, but you can't do anything
    • MPEG2 streams start either with nothing or green and don't play back

It's actually way more than I expected for this relatively new kernel. Pretty impressive work so far.