[8.2.4.1] LibreELEC Kodi Krypton - S905 & S912 devices

• Neither of those. I use a Signal Splitter- HDfury AVR Key, after that the signal goes into my Oled B7 TV and another goes into Sony MDR-HW700 which is a pretty good headspeaker for movies.

Perhaps its an issue with the AVR Key, but as described previously, if I switch audio streams a couple of times, I usually get to the one I want.

It could very well be your HW700. Have you tried a direct connection to the HW700? I see that it has a HDMI out.

• THe only issue Im having so far is that sometimes the HD audio formats dont play, after switching to a different audio stream and then back to previous, it starts to play. Sometimes I need to repeat this a few times until the audio stream of choice starts to play.

Yes I'm seeing this as well especially when my Soundbar is turned on after Kodi boots. If I reboot LE after the audio receiver is on I get audio.

From that point onwards if Refresh switching is disabled then I have the HD Audio issues described, woking fine if Refresh/Resolution switching is enabled.

I will have to have a good look in the LE / OSMC modded Kernel again to see if something has been missed

• It could very well be your HW700. Have you tried a direct connection to the HW700? I see that it has a HDMI out.

Sony HW700 doesnt support HDR passthrough and only supports HDMI 1.4 afaik, so max 4K @ 30 Hz, thats why no direct connection to it.

I dont think its Sonys fault though, previously with 1080p media players I connected them directly through Sony and never had issues with switching HD Audio Streams.

Refresh/Resolution switchting is enabled on my U9-H as well, I think its the default setting of this LE version and I didnt change it.

• wrxtasy any chance for a fix to the external subtitles over SMB that make LE crash?

Try to set the downloads folder for subs from "with video" to a folder on your sd card. I made a folder "subs" and set this on in settings as standard save point for the subs. This workaround works for me, since a solution is coming.

Greetz,

J.

• Sony HW700 doesnt support HDR passthrough and only supports HDMI 1.4 afaik, so max 4K @ 30 Hz, thats why no direct connection to it.

I dont think its Sonys fault though, previously with 1080p media players I connected them directly through Sony and never had issues with switching HD Audio Streams.

I asked you to try it directly to rule out an issue with the AVR key. When I suggested that it could be a problem with the HW700 system what I meant is, the problem could be that your system also relies on that burst-preamble Pc bit for detecting bitstream types. Since Amlogic has an issue with that, your HW700 is not detecting the audio streams correctly. It would have worked fine with other media players because those may not have this burst-preamble problem.

I am also noticing audio passthrough issues with this LE build. So, this is a new problem with this build that's unrelated to the burst-preamble problem that I described.

• Try to set the downloads folder for subs from "with video" to a folder on your sd card. I made a folder "subs" and set this on in settings as standard save point for the subs. This workaround works for me, since a solution is coming.

Greetz,

J.

Thanks! I thought of it.. I also thought that if the subtitles go into a different shared folder that the folder where the video file is located it would work but it doesn't.

I've been testing Emby (I thought maybe it would be different) but with the emby addon set to "native" same exact bug with external subtitles.

I guess I'll have to move all the subtitles out of the shares for now.

• I've noticed that I get BTB and WTW when using this Minix U9-H box, whereas my HTPC is outputting RGB so it doesn't have that information. I've adjusted the TV's brightness and contrast accordingly, but I've read in a few places about setting the output to 444 10-bit - how do I do this? I know there's the "auto" switch that is currently deemed unreliable...is there another way? Basically I tried setting that toggle to enabled and playing an HDR film and it looked washed out (TV said it was HDR though). HDR content via the TV's services (Amazon, Netflix, etc.) look great.

• Have a good read of this thread regarding a very similar issue:

Vero 4K H265 movies (8-bit encoded only?) - blacks show as grey, colours washed out (reduced colourspace) - Vero 4K - OSMC Forums

Be aware as well...

If video is encoded with full range - if a log shows yuvj420p (pc, bt709) - there will be no support for that type of encoded video on AMLogic hardware.

AMLogic hardware outputs a YCbCr colorspace, if a TV is configured for RGB Full only you will have likely have issues.

Sony TV's I believe need to be switched into a PC mode to support 444,10bit Chroma and Bit Depth.

(user selectable in Kodi Settings > System > AMLogic)

The only version currently being used is v8.2.4.1 on Page #1 of this thread. The Test version has been withdrawn.

The Mediainfo - metadata file inspector program will show this with problematic Full Range BT709 encoded files:

Color range : Full

Color primaries : BT.709

Transfer characteristics : BT.709

Matrix coefficients : BT.709

• THe only issue Im having so far is that sometimes the HD audio formats dont play, after switching to a different audio stream and then back to previous, it starts to play. Sometimes I need to repeat this a few times until the audio stream of choice starts to play.

I've been having the same problem.

I have now identified the missing AMLogic Kernel patch that fixes this problem and it's included in the following LE test version:

LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.4.2-fix-lost-audio.tar

W.

• I have few problems.

M8s Pro 3gb and GT1 Ultimate

Still random freezing problem on the M8s Pro. Gpu clock works.

On GT1U I cant activate the gpu clock setting. After Restart I have no screen. Sometimes when I use the box after few hours I see only a little Part of the GUI. Always the part at the bottom left in the middle left part of my tv. After a restart its normal again. But no freeze problems

• Hey wrxtasy

I have updated to LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.4.2-fix-lost-audio.tar but I am having issues with this build. Every time I restart my U9, it defaults to 2160p and 420 10bit. If I change it back to 1080p or play a 1080p video, I lose picture because it defaults to 1080p 420, 10bit and my screen has trouble with that. if I manually change to 444 10bit and stop and start kodi using ssh, everything is fine till I reboot.

So basically, my TV is having a problem with 1080p and 420 10bit output but not 2160p 420 10bit and it seems that this build defaults to 420 10bit output and sometimes resets the resolution to 2160p after a reboot of the box.

Went back to 8.2.4.1 and everything is back to normal.

• Hmm interesting. The file I tried doesn't seem to have that specific issue:

Code
    Color range                              : Limited
    Color primaries                          : BT.2020
    Transfer characteristics                 : PQ
    Matrix coefficients                      : BT.2020 non-constant

I'm using an LG OLED55B7V so not a Sony. I have a 1080p 8-bit version too which also looks kinda dull on my PC so maybe it's just the way the film is mastered. I'll see if I can find a more obvious HDR sample clip to try.

• wrxtasy any chance for a fix to the external subtitles over SMB that make LE crash?

Hi, same problem here with a Minix U9H. Opening an mkv file with an external subtitles (movie_name.srt) freezes LE.

Moving the external subtitles to the local SD card works well but it's not convenient.