LibreELEC 9.0 / Kodi 18.X for Minix X8,X8H,X8H+

• Feedback and a question...

Running LibreELEC 8.90 / Kodi 18 RC4 on 3 Mininx X8H Plus boxes for a few weeks now and all are running well with only very occasional freezing which I resolve with power off/on.

For me the image quality and general performance increase is very impressive. Frame rate switching works seamlessly resulting in very smooth motion flow - a big well done to the developers again.

I did have an issue with sound stuttering on one of my older Sony Bravia TV's but selecting SPDIF in Kodi audio output settings seemed to have fixed that issue.

My question, will Kodi 18 Leia be incorporated into LibreELEC for Minix X8H Plus eventually?

thanks!

• I did have an issue with sound stuttering on one of my older Sony Bravia TV's but selecting SPDIF in Kodi audio output settings seemed to have fixed that issue.

Tks i will update #1.

Seems that everyone have to experiment kodi setting to find something suitable.

Chineses boxes are a real lottery.

My question, will Kodi 18 Leia be incorporated into LibreELEC for Minix X8H Plus eventually?

thanks!

i will release this weekend kodi 18 final for X8/X8-H, X8-HP and the U1 (905...).

This will be based on the latest LE version (9.0) supporting linux 3.10/3.14.

no fancy patches just official things released by LE team.

if i don't answer your question , let me know.

• #1/#2 updated

kodi final has landed

Thank you for all your work !!!

On my U1 I am currently on [8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X - kszaq build. Can I update using the tar version or do I need to install from scratch ?

jak

• Thank you for all your work !!!

On my U1 I am currently on [8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X - kszaq build. Can I update using the tar version or do I need to install from scratch ?

jak

i would use a spare SD and would test the image first.

If it's ok, you may update using the tar (or gz) or use a version "on-internal" and the other on a SD.

• Hey datrh

I have been running your 17.6 for some time on my Minix X8-H+, really superb.

I have had a few plays with your Beta releases, no real issues, hitting a few bugs now and again.

For LE 9.0.0, I burnt a new image and inserted the SD card forgetting the comments I had seen regarding having to update the boot loader with the 'toothpick' method. I was surprised though that LE 9.0.0 booted up just fine!

I have every confidence that I have the last KitKat release (I never up dated beyond this) and I applied the 'toothpick' method with a 17.6 version renaming the boot file at that time etc. It boots fine - or does it? Kodi Leia seems to operate smoothly.

However I seem to be able to crash it pretty easily. Starting a movie is easy, but scrub to another point in the movie and it freezes.

So:

1. Do I need to redo the boot sector using the toothpick method as the new boot loader is important (and its absence is contributing to the crashing? Seems unlikely).

2. Is the crashing while playing and skipping a separate bug and how might I help out with respect to this bug?

• So:

1. Do I need to redo the boot sector using the toothpick method as the new boot loader is important (and its absence is contributing to the crashing? Seems unlikely).

2. Is the crashing while playing and skipping a separate bug and how might I help out with respect to this bug?

1)

the new boot script was made to be able to boot "from internal" with the kodi 18 images.

If you're device is patched with the bootscript "17.6", you will not be able to boot from internal with the new image BUT you will be able to boot from SD without issue

so to be clear :

• you want to boot kodi 18 from internal => you need to repatch
    • you're ok to use only SD with kodi18, you don't need to repatch a device ALREADY patched with the bootscript "17.6"

2)

did you put Kodi settings in "expert mode"?

did you configured a refresh "whitelist"?

is your TV not a too old model (not supporting multirefresh rate like 24hz,50hz,60hz,...)?

did you play with the sound setting ?

kodi 18 is a bit more tricky to configure...

i've a similar issue with a old plasma tv. no problem at all with something more recent.

• Thanks datrh

1. That makes perfect sense, thanks.

2. TV is a fairly modern Samsung with many modes. I do not create a Whitelist but rely on default refresh rate select. The right mode is selected in every instance, 24Hz for movies, 50Hz for Aus IPTV and the video/channel plays very well as far as I have seen, but try to do anything and it freezes.

I might try the whitelist.

• I might try the whitelist.

yep.

if you select "adjust refresh rate", you need to define a whitelist.

eg : for a hd tv : select all(or not) the 1080p xxhz listed modes.

some changes are coming about this (whitelist). (kodi 18.1)

• Hello everybody,

if I burn the final version on a SD card, the remote control of my Minix neo U1 player does not work anymore after a successful installation.

Can someone help me?

Many Thanks.

• Hello everybody,

if I burn the final version on a SD card, the remote control of my Minix neo U1 player does not work anymore after a successful installation.

Can someone help me?

Many Thanks.

well actually you need to use lirc to get something working.

next build i will take care that the amremote works, like in the image for the x8 serie

check #2 for info about remote

• well actually you need to use lirc to get something working.

next build i will take care that the amremote works, like in the image for the x8 serie

check #2 for info about remote

Thank you for the feedback. What is "lirc" and how can I activate the remote control with the build "LibreELEC-S905.arm-9.0-devel-20190202124321-8798984.img" for the Minix neo U1?

I am using the current build of wrxtasy, so the remote works fine without any problem.

• Thank you for the feedback. What is "lirc" and how can I activate the remote control with the build "LibreELEC-S905.arm-9.0-devel-20190202124321-8798984.img" for the Minix neo U1?

see #2

I am using the current build of wrxtasy, so the remote works fine without any problem.

amremote is enabled.

it will be activated on my images when Kodi 18.1 will be released. (somewhere end february)