LibreELEC 9.0 / Kodi 18.X for Minix X8,X8H,X8H+

• Hi,

i use smb. (shares on windows 10 64bit latest patches-updates)

to get it working , i've mod :

• hosts.conf
    • sources.xml
    • passwords.xml

regards

Thanks that actually got me in the right direction of remembering i had ssh access... :)

One issue was the SSL certificate for the HTTPS connection so i got that resolved.

For the Windows SMB i'm not sure i can bypass the credentials part, i have no password set and can't seem to set it up without as its strictly enforced now, will look for other alternative for Windows if i really need to have it over windows.

So i guess at the end the issue was that Kodi switched to a more secure\strict policy since i updated i think i was 16.1 17.0 can't remember.

BTW datrh Does your Libre-8.2 Repo have the commits for Minix? i want to try Kodi 17 on the Minix anyway just to check some stuff.

LibreElec-8.2

• Thanks!

At the end i found some libreelec comments stating that they enforced SMB v2 which caused my Win problem and probably same for SSL certificates which caused my Linux problem.

But i've discovered Debug lol and fixed the issues so kinda my bad for having Libreelec from Jan 2017....

Although i got no idea why does one need to restart the UPNP Service to make DLNA work after every restart, that may be a bug.

Regarding the Remote control, i've opened the Wetek Box to discover an internal USB connection holding a receiver so as soon as i hooked it to the Minix box the Wetek remote started working, all apart from the power button as mentioned in my previous posts it's the only button that is IR lol

So i can't remap the buttons but i also don't need to in order to make the remote work.

Happy Ending after all

Once i get my setup running on a new HW and free some time i might give a hand in the development of this.

Thanks datrh for this libre version

• #1 upd

X8-H update available

X8-HP in progress available

ps : to get Netflix addon working again , you need to manually update the version to 0.13.23

Edited once, last by datrh (August 11, 2019 at 10:48 AM).

• Hey datrh,

Unrelated to 18.3 but it's the same on 18.0 18.2 and 18.3 i have this problem that when i try to run anything that is .mp4 it will either be stuck 1 sec prior to the end if i let it play and if i try to skip or stop the video it will insta freeze.

Checking the system information i didn't see any issue in the Ram but CPU was above 100% on Kodi.bin when this happens.

Afterwards it's impossible to run any commands or exit that screen in any way.

I've tried completely default settings and all the versions, i didn't have it on my old device so i think it's either a Minix or a Kodi issue.

Any idea what could it be or what i could check?

BTW wanted to point out this only happens with mp4 files every other types (so far) are fine.

UPDATE:

Ok after some googling and trial and error i found the issue related to amcodec h264 hardware acceleration if i turn it to off then everything is fine so in case anyone else comes across this try it out.

Edited 2 times, last by Yorker (August 11, 2019 at 9:16 PM).

• Hi Datrh,

I like to add some custom subtitle fonts. Most answers I found was to put the fonts in /kodi/media/Fonts folder.

But the folder is Read-only and not sure how others managed to do it.

Could you help me on this?

Thanks.

• Hi all,

I found also issue with HW acceleration in last 2 versions of KODI.

I'm not able play next video with HW acc. when I try to play another video I'm get freeze of picture.

But I hadn't that problem with version 18.1.

It looks everything working with SW acc.

• I'm not able play next video with HW acc. when I try to play another video I'm get freeze of picture

Hi,

i'm not sure about what you're describing.

i don't have any issue with hw acc. when i play recent video files. (some old encoding doesn't play at all..... kodi probably)

what's your video settings,audio settings?

• I had same problems with 18.2 and 18.3 with my X8-HP: system become freezed always I tried to stop a film.as Yorker and Kodlz have reported.

It is true that the problem is solved if HW acceleration is disconnected but it is not a good solution...

I found another solution (just following the datrh's instructions he gives in the first page!!) you have to set "adjust display refresh rate" to "Always". Then everything goes OK (at least with 18.3).

Regards.

Edited 2 times, last by Fidelin (August 23, 2019 at 2:24 PM).

• I had same problems with 18.2 and 18.3 with my X8-HP: system become freezed always I tried to stop a film.as Yorker and Kodlz have reported.

It is true that the problem is solved if HW acceleration is disconnected but it is not a good solution...

I found another solution (just following the datrh's instructions he gives in the first page!!) you have to set "adjust display refresh rate" to "Always". Then everything goes OK (at least with 18.3).

Regards.

This solution did not work for me, not in 18.2 and not in 18.3.

Only disabling HW acceleration works although i didn't play around with other settings (it's too annoying to reboot the device when it freezes).

• This solution did not work for me, not in 18.2 and not in 18.3.

Only disabling HW acceleration works although i didn't play around with other settings (it's too annoying to reboot the device when it freezes).

I set refreshrate to 50mhz and leave hardware acceleration ON and it dont freeze up no more. Try and see if that works for you.

Everything plays smooth for me even mp4 etc.

Edited once, last by Klaver7 (August 24, 2019 at 7:38 PM).

• I set refreshrate to 50mhz and leave hardware acceleration ON and it dont freeze up no more. Try and see if that works for you.

Everything plays smooth for me even mp4 etc.

Yes, it seems setting the refresh rate to 50hz does indeed solve the freeze.

• i can confirm that setting display refresh rate to 50hz was the only thing helped with the box freeze when video was stopped and when amcodec was on,

however, video still freeze or stutter randomly....can be paused and replayed, but not played smoothly.

seems also there is a sync issue with audio.

info:

installed latest 18.3 minix x8h-plus

display refresh rate is at 50 hz, resolution 1920x1080

adjust refresh rate is set to always

sync video is off

amcodec is on

other settings are on default

also, i'm having a problem with add-ons repo: connecting to LibreELEC Add-ons repository is not working

Update:

I've tried also setting "adjust refresh rate to "start/stop"", it and seems video freezing is not apparent, but video is dropping frames and lag from time to time until it catch up, (not sure, and if it makes sense, but seems mainly when moving between scenes )

Edited 3 times, last by talron (September 9, 2019 at 7:46 AM).

• As soon as I apply "adjust refresh rate is set to always" or Start/Stop _ my x8h-plus will freeze during pause or stop, turning OFF "adjust refresh rate" and she' steady as can be. LibreELEC Add-ons repository I dont have a problem with as it works on the x8h-plus and the x8-plus for me. Both boxes on the latest 18.3.

• This is from the log.

On screen the repo name is

"LibreELEC Add-ons - Team LibreELEC 9.0.1"

But the file accessed is 9.0.2.

System info state I'm on 9.0.2

Also, is minix image based on WeTek image?

I've tried to access the link in the browser and got forbidden. Is this region blocked?

Code
    2019-09-09 21:19:01.780 T:2882745200   ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 404 for https://addons.libreelec.tv/9.0.2/WeTek_Play/arm/addons.xml.gz.sha256:
    2019-09-09 21:19:01.780 T:2882745200   ERROR: Open - failed to open source <https://addons.libreelec.tv/9.0.2/WeTek_Play/arm/addons.xml.gz.sha256>
    2019-09-09 21:19:01.780 T:2882745200   ERROR: CRepository: failed read 'https://addons.libreelec.tv/9.0.2/WeTek_Play/arm/addons.xml.gz.sha256'

I've turned off adjust refresh rate, and now when i open the subtitles window during video play, the bix freeze, any idea?

Update : subtitles window has 2 buttons:

Download which seems to work and browse which seems to freeze, ive seen many issues about this since 18. Any idea?

Edited once, last by talron (September 9, 2019 at 9:19 PM).

• Minix and old Wetek_play|Wetek_Core use the same linux version.

This is why i use the LibreELEC Add-ons - Team LibreELEC so i don't have to compile them.

Now that the support for the old Amlogic device has been removed , it is possible that we are stuck with addon version 9.0.0 or 9.0.1

• Minix and old Wetek_play|Wetek_Core use the same linux version.

This is why i use the LibreELEC Add-ons - Team LibreELEC so i don't have to compile them.

Now that the support for the old Amlogic device has been removed , it is possible that we are stuck with addon version 9.0.0 or 9.0.1

the problem is that it can't connect to the repository.