Posts by Yorker

I had same problems with 18.2 and 18.3 with my X8-HP: system become freezed always I tried to stop a film.as Yorker and Kodlz have reported.

It is true that the problem is solved if HW acceleration is disconnected but it is not a good solution...

I found another solution (just following the datrh's instructions he gives in the first page!!) you have to set "adjust display refresh rate" to "Always". Then everything goes OK (at least with 18.3).

Regards.

This solution did not work for me, not in 18.2 and not in 18.3.

Only disabling HW acceleration works although i didn't play around with other settings (it's too annoying to reboot the device when it freezes).

Hey datrh,

Unrelated to 18.3 but it's the same on 18.0 18.2 and 18.3 i have this problem that when i try to run anything that is .mp4 it will either be stuck 1 sec prior to the end if i let it play and if i try to skip or stop the video it will insta freeze.

Checking the system information i didn't see any issue in the Ram but CPU was above 100% on Kodi.bin when this happens.

Afterwards it's impossible to run any commands or exit that screen in any way.

I've tried completely default settings and all the versions, i didn't have it on my old device so i think it's either a Minix or a Kodi issue.

Any idea what could it be or what i could check?

BTW wanted to point out this only happens with mp4 files every other types (so far) are fine.

UPDATE:

Ok after some googling and trial and error i found the issue related to amcodec h264 hardware acceleration if i turn it to off then everything is fine so in case anyone else comes across this try it out.

Thanks!

At the end i found some libreelec comments stating that they enforced SMB v2 which caused my Win problem and probably same for SSL certificates which caused my Linux problem.

But i've discovered Debug lol and fixed the issues so kinda my bad for having Libreelec from Jan 2017....

Although i got no idea why does one need to restart the UPNP Service to make DLNA work after every restart, that may be a bug.

Regarding the Remote control, i've opened the Wetek Box to discover an internal USB connection holding a receiver so as soon as i hooked it to the Minix box the Wetek remote started working, all apart from the power button as mentioned in my previous posts it's the only button that is IR lol

So i can't remap the buttons but i also don't need to in order to make the remote work.

Happy Ending after all

Once i get my setup running on a new HW and free some time i might give a hand in the development of this.

Thanks datrh for this libre version

Hi,

i use smb. (shares on windows 10 64bit latest patches-updates)

to get it working , i've mod :

• hosts.conf
    • sources.xml
    • passwords.xml

regards

Thanks that actually got me in the right direction of remembering i had ssh access... :)

One issue was the SSL certificate for the HTTPS connection so i got that resolved.

For the Windows SMB i'm not sure i can bypass the credentials part, i have no password set and can't seem to set it up without as its strictly enforced now, will look for other alternative for Windows if i really need to have it over windows.

So i guess at the end the issue was that Kodi switched to a more secure\strict policy since i updated i think i was 16.1 17.0 can't remember.

BTW datrh Does your Libre-8.2 Repo have the commits for Minix? i want to try Kodi 17 on the Minix anyway just to check some stuff.

LibreElec-8.2

Hi,

My Wetek Core just died and i got a Minix X8H from a friend, updated it to lollipop and then installed 18.2 to SDCARD and now nand.

Works great i just have 1 issue and 1 question.

1. My issue is that i can't get the box to connect to PC, PC can connect to the box but not the other way around, tried NFS SMB HTTPS both on Windows and Linux OS running on my PC.

2. I was wonder if it's possible to configure remote.conf to make the wetek remote work on the minix since the minix remote kinda sucks

*note: haven't experienced any issues with 18.2 but the final version has the wifi crashing all the time.

UPDATE:

1. I manged to get a connection with DLNA but anything else failed... very strange and i didn't get any errors or ip\mac\connection issues

2. i tried making a remote.conf file but only after setting the factory code only the power button appeared in dmsg so other buttons didn't work no matter what i did

UPDATE 2:

1. Tried Kodi 18 AKA final version it wasn't crashing this time but same issue exactly, moreover the DLNA only works until reboot after reboot i need to restart the DLNA service to make it work again.... very bad solution which i'm assuming is a Kodi issue based on comments i've seen around.

I think v17 is also bad but i haven't found a libre build for minix with 17 to test it out, the comments i remember said 17 is also bad the their solution was to downgrade to 16 then upgrade over it to make it stick.

2. Regarding this i wasn't able to make the other buttons work or appear in debug nor did i find something useful on the Wetek side for this..

Sure :)

Code
    /home/js/Projects/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-WeTek_Core.arm-9.0-devel/toolchain/bin/armv7a-libreelec-linux-gnueabi-ld --verbose | grep SEARCH
    SEARCH_DIR("/home/js/Projects/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-WeTek_Core.arm-9.0-devel/toolchain/armv7a-libreelec-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/lib"); SEARCH_DIR("/home/js/Projects/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-WeTek_Core.arm-9.0-devel/toolchain/armv7a-libreelec-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/usr/lib"); SEARCH_DIR("=/home/js/Projects/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-WeTek_Core.arm-9.0-devel/toolchain/armv7a-libreelec-linux-gnueabi/lib");

/home/js/Projects/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-WeTek_Core.arm-9.0-devel/toolchain/bin/armv7a-libreelec-linux-gnueabi-gcc -print-search-dirs
    install: /mnt/share/Projects/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-WeTek_Core.arm-9.0-devel/toolchain/bin/../lib/gcc/armv7a-libreelec-linux-gnueabi/6.2.0/
    programs: =/mnt/share/Projects/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-WeTek_Core.arm-9.0-devel/toolchain/bin/../lib/gcc/armv7a-libreelec-linux-gnueabi/6.2.0/:/mnt/share/Projects/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-WeTek_Core.arm-9.0-devel/toolchain/bin/../lib/gcc/:/mnt/share/Projects/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-WeTek_Core.arm-9.0-devel/toolchain/bin/../lib/gcc/armv7a-libreelec-linux-gnueabi/6.2.0/../../../../armv7a-libreelec-linux-gnueabi/bin/armv7a-libreelec-linux-gnueabi/6.2.0/:/mnt/share/Projects/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-WeTek_Core.arm-9.0-devel/toolchain/bin/../lib/gcc/armv7a-libreelec-linux-gnueabi/6.2.0/../../../../armv7a-libreelec-linux-gnueabi/bin/
    libraries: =/mnt/share/Projects/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-WeTek_Core.arm-9.0-devel/toolchain/bin/../lib/gcc/armv7a-libreelec-linux-gnueabi/6.2.0/:/mnt/share/Projects/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-WeTek_Core.arm-9.0-devel/toolchain/bin/../lib/gcc/:/mnt/share/Projects/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-WeTek_Core.arm-9.0-devel/toolchain/bin/../lib/gcc/armv7a-libreelec-linux-gnueabi/6.2.0/../../../../armv7a-libreelec-linux-gnueabi/lib/armv7a-libreelec-linux-gnueabi/6.2.0/:/mnt/share/Projects/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-WeTek_Core.arm-9.0-devel/toolchain/bin/../lib/gcc/armv7a-libreelec-linux-gnueabi/6.2.0/../../../../armv7a-libreelec-linux-gnueabi/lib/:/mnt/share/Projects/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-WeTek_Core.arm-9.0-devel/toolchain/bin/../armv7a-libreelec-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/lib/armv7a-libreelec-linux-gnueabi/6.2.0/:/mnt/share/Projects/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-WeTek_Core.arm-9.0-devel/toolchain/bin/../armv7a-libreelec-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/lib/:/mnt/share/Projects/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-WeTek_Core.arm-9.0-devel/toolchain/bin/../armv7a-libreelec-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/usr/lib/armv7a-libreelec-linux-gnueabi/6.2.0/:/mnt/share/Projects/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-WeTek_Core.arm-9.0-devel/toolchain/bin/../armv7a-libreelec-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/usr/lib/

Can you post what you get by

Code
    /home/js/Projects/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-WeTek_Core.arm-9.0-devel/toolchain/bin/armv7a-libreelec-linux-gnueabi-ld --verbose | grep SEARCH
    /home/js/Projects/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-WeTek_Core.arm-9.0-devel/toolchain/bin/armv7a-libreelec-linux-gnueabi-gcc -print-search-dirs

I'm trying to solve the issue for me on Gentoo.

This is a noob question but what do i edit in order to add arguments to the pulseaudio package specifically?

BTW any doc or info regarding the dir tree of the code is welcome some of it is logical the rest i'm still figuring out.

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for replying :)

I checked the mentioned file, my guess would be the prefix

Code
    $ /home/js/Projects/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-WeTek_Core.arm-9.0-devel/pulseaudio-10.0/configure --host=armv7a-libreelec-linux-gnueabi --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin --sysconfdir=/etc --libdir=/usr/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib --localstatedir=/var --disable-static --enable-shared --disable-silent-rules --disable-nls --enable-largefile --disable-rpath --enable-neon-opt --disable-x11 --disable-tests --disable-samplerate --disable-oss-output --disable-oss-wrapper --disable-coreaudio-output --enable-alsa --disable-esound --disable-solaris --disable-waveout --enable-glib2 --disable-gtk3 --disable-gconf --enable-avahi --disable-jack --disable-asyncns --disable-tcpwrap --disable-lirc --enable-dbus --disable-bluez4 --enable-bluez5 --disable-bluez5-ofono-headset --disable-bluez5-native-headset --enable-udev --with-udev-rules-dir=/usr/lib/udev/rules.d --disable-hal-compat --enable-ipv6 --enable-openssl --disable-xen --disable-orc --disable-manpages --disable-per-user-esound-socket --disable-default-build-tests --disable-legacy-database-entry-format --with-system-user=root --with-system-group=root --with-access-group=root --without-caps --without-fftw --without-speex --with-soxr --with-module-dir=/usr/lib/pulse