LibreELEC 9.0 / Kodi 18.X for Minix X8,X8H,X8H+

• and the x8hp.. LibreELEC-X8-H_Plus.arm-LE9-Kodi_18.1.img

next : kodi 18.2

Hi darth,

Many thanks again!

My feedback: x8hp boot normally and I can see the usb dvb drivers, but doesn't include my usb tuner. I have the Xbox tuner. My guess is that this build includes the standard usb dvb drivers from 3.10 kernel, but my tuner only was included on kernel 4.16. To make it available on kernel 3.10 usually is needed to build the V4L drivers. Crazy Cat drivers also include this tuner.

The patches for this tuner are:

http://tda18250

https://forum.libreelec.tv

Anyway, many thanks for your effort and patience!

Edited once, last by lcmg (April 25, 2019 at 9:37 AM).

• i'm working on a 18.2 image and will retry to get something working with crazycat_aml.

with my latest attempt i got a "exports duplicate symbol" but i'm close to figure out why.

regards

• i'm working on a 18.2 image and will retry to get something working with crazycat_aml.

with my latest attempt i got a "exports duplicate symbol" but i'm close to figure out why.

regards

crazycat_aml /crazycat, i got

he's not happy with the amlvideodri.... so i will not go further with this and stay with the kernel dvb modules. (edit : well ... i will try a last thing but first kodi18.2 release)

end of this week , i will post the kodi18.2 images

Edited 2 times, last by datrh (May 15, 2019 at 9:52 PM).

• All ok with 18.2, update and fresh install all works well. Mac is still random but fixed IP works once again.

For people with freeze up at start/stop I run Kodi System setting at 50 hz. and dont have any freeze or hanging. All still play's very smooth!

And in my case also, Refresh Rate = off and no whitelist as it seems to do that automatic.

Great job once again and thank you datrh :)

Edited once, last by Klaver7 (May 3, 2019 at 6:25 PM).

• Hi. I made an installtointernal and all works fine, but if I leave the a formatted SD card in I get an error after reboot as it is trying to reboot from there. I have to remove the SD card to get a successful boot.

How can I avoid it? apart from removing the SD card :)

• logically, if there's a SD card inserted, it will boot from the SD.

To boot from internal, you've to remove (of push to unplug) the SD card.

• @lieuandy you are right about the X8h-Plus Kodi 18.2! The the fixed IP is not working with 18.2, so you are not the only one with this. MAC is random with me but who gives a hoot on that :) So with 18.1 fixed IP was fine with reboot, shutdown etc.

Sad news about the amlogic datrh ... Thought rockchip was the one to dissapear but guess not.

• logically, if there's a SD card inserted, it will boot from the SD.

To boot from internal, you've to remove (of push to unplug) the SD card.

I wasn’t clear. With the SD card inserted it tries to boot from it even if the card is empty and so it gives me a boot system error at start up.

So basically I cannot have a successful boot if I decide to leave the SD card for the only purpose of using it as additional storage

• Hi, first of all, thank you for supporting the old minix.
    I have an X8-H Plus clean install of X8H_PLUS_LOLLIPOP_RC2_NEWBOOT and ROOT from the minix website.

Code
    https://theminixforum.com/index.php?forums/neo-x8-h-plus-guides-faqs.46/

LE9-Kodi 18.2 clean installation on sd card using Rufus v3.5 and most things work great.
    Wi-Fi with DHCP (IP reservation in router) works 2.4/5Ghz and holds fixed IP address including MAC after shutdown and restart. Everything works great on Wi-Fi. IP reservation does not work on LAN with DHCP, does not hold IP address or MAC, just opposite Wi-Fi. Everything else I need works fine.

Thank you very much for any repair:thumbup:

Edited once, last by seatao (May 14, 2019 at 3:52 PM).

• Depending on how the bootloader code is setup this probably is a byproduct of some of the current popular methods of creating a multi-boot and because of the way u-boot has been altered to handle this type of multiboot. If the internal u-boot sees the card it thinks it needs to use it to pullup the system and run from there.

Other methods of creating a multi-boot that use different code in u-boots monitor to set things up different so it can realize to just treat the sd card as external flash can be done as well tho.

Not sure why so many people have problems with changing ip's and mac's tho as i have never had those issues and at any given time i probably have a least 6 boxes or more running on my network. Personally i always use static IP's and once set they never change as well as the mac's i set. Normally i just set them in a script that runs once the box boots up but i have also slipped streamed them into the box's u-boot as well and they always seem to stick...

• That topic seems to be a Annual Statement that keeps re ocuring for the last couple of years. I agree with the sentiment and that companies like Amlogic need to get their heads outta their butt's and help out but there always HAS and always WILL be hackers that like to play and someone will keep things going as long as there is published source code available.

I get why places like here and others want to see things like compliance and fit be put into place as they have now become businesses for some individuals and no longer just a collection of avid free coders trying to do their own thing without any real care other then making something work. LibreELEC is now a product just like Kodi became awhile ago and with that things change. I have watched as this place 1st broke off OpenElec to go in their own direction and what was once a just make it work on a few boxes agenda has now changed to make it work on as Many devices as it can and for that to work means things need to be in the mainline sources.

Don't get me wrong tho as i see nothing wrong in any of that as its just the nature of change.

Kodi is no different as i have watched it change since it began as XBMP all those years ago, and as long as the sources are available others that have nothing to do with the official group will use and alter them to whatever purpose they require.

but there is always someone that comes along that is willing to keep old things working on newer software even it if's just for their own use which usually ends up out in the public once others become aware of it.

A year is still a ways off and my guess is that with all of the issues that need to be fixed and then all being stuffed into the mainline streams won't be totally done. Based on conversations with others i know they really could not give a rat's arse about everything being put into mainline as their concerns are strictly based in working code that keeps boxes streaming and if parts of the build are non-mainline or in the form of proprietary blobs that suits them fine.

• Depending on how the bootloader code is setup this probably is a byproduct of some of the current popular methods of creating a multi-boot and because of the way u-boot has been altered to handle this type of multiboot. If the internal u-boot sees the card it thinks it needs to use it to pullup the system and run from there.

Other methods of creating a multi-boot that use different code in u-boots monitor to set things up different so it can realize to just treat the sd card as external flash can be done as well tho.

Not sure why so many people have problems with changing ip's and mac's tho as i have never had those issues and at any given time i probably have a least 6 boxes or more running on my network. Personally i always use static IP's and once set they never change as well as the mac's i set. Normally i just set them in a script that runs once the box boots up but i have also slipped streamed them into the box's u-boot as well and they always seem to stick...

Please educate us