LibreELEC 9.0 / Kodi 18.X for Minix X8,X8H,X8H+

• Booting ONLY works if the remote dongle is NOT plugged into one of the USB ports. If dongle is present the device will boot into Minix Android.

One Q that I still have concerns the Whitelist - what exactly is needed here ? Is this a file that needs to be greated or a setting ticked ?

jak

it's a setting.

you need to put kodi in "expert" setting mode to access this setting.

eg : i'm in europa , my setting are 1080p 60hz, 1080p24hz and 1080p23,xxxhz

• What is install procedure for S905? With kszaq Libreelec builds I need to choose proper device tree file and replace it on sdcard. Which device tree to use with your build?

Btw is pvr included? (pvr.hts)

• Installed as per instruction on Minix X8H Plus, gigabit lan, A2 remote, HDMI to Panasonic TV. Must enable frame-rate switching in settings (this was disabled by default causing crashes) then tested with random videos from Synology NAS via NFS, DVB-T via TVMosaic Server also on the NAS - so far results are impressive especially the video quality on the Minix considering its age, it has really been improved! Well done to the developers, I will keep testing but so far so good.

• Installed as per instruction on Minix X8H Plus, gigabit lan, A2 remote, HDMI to Panasonic TV. Must enable frame-rate switching in settings (this was disabled by default causing crashes) then tested with random videos from Synology NAS via NFS, DVB-T via TVMosaic Server also on the NAS - so far results are impressive especially the video quality on the Minix considering its age, it has really been improved! Well done to the developers, I will keep testing but so far so good.

I want to thank you for this kind of positive comment, it feels good, helps us to share our work.

All of this would not be possible without the dedicated LibreELEC team.

kudos to them

• to update to RC3 (RC4 soon) you need to :

Re getting a new box.

after much looking at reviews etc Ive settled on a T95q s905x2 as a replacement for my minix box

The round one

I will prob run it vanilla android until such time as it no longer upgrades or i have issues.

But in the meantime, (im a shocking tinkerer), i want to have another go at this X8-H_Plus

I have LE installed previously.(from old forum using X8-H_PlusGen1.

Just curious why i would need to put back the latest minix official firmware?

As i have LE on at 17.6 can i not use your RC4 tar? and if so where does that go.?

• As i have LE on at 17.6 can i not use your RC4 tar? and if so where does that go.?

got a case where depending firmware version , the box will not boot to libreelec. an update to the latest kitkat android firmware solved this.

about the minix x8-h_plus, the returns i've got seems to indicate that it's not needed anymore to maintain 2 versions (x8-h_series and x8-h_plusgen1).

in the past i used a custom linux distribution.

with kodi 18 , i follow strictly LE so i'm using "official" LibreELEC amlogic-linux.

just test. you need to repatch the bootloader as instructed.

if you use the 17.6 image on a SD, the new bootloader patch is backward compatible.

the bootloader patch has been modded to find LE 8.9xx image when LE is installed on the internal storage.

• Datrh, many thanks for your patience.

I may have had a bad sd card. swapped it out and it worked. Got Leia working.

I did find that the sequence of initial boot, for me was :1 power switch on wall on 2. push and hold reset button 3. tap the box power switch. 4. I then waited the 6 secs or so until the minix logo started to flash on /off, before release reset button

The rest was follow your nose.

Question, when u have a new release rc etc will the current installation auto update or is the tar to be used manually?

If so where does one place it?

Edited once, last by antcj (January 11, 2019 at 4:43 PM).

• Thanks for you reply, I was asking about any 8.9 image for the s805 as I can't find any.

If I'm not wrong the sources on kszaq repository are stack on libreelec 8.2.

yep my meaning was : porting the s805 project from 8.2 to 8.9

it just need that someone puts time on it.