LibreELEC 9.0 / Kodi 18.X for Minix X8,X8H,X8H+

• hi I ugraded it from demtris version with tar.
    with cec disable, I can`t start after shutdown. I have to unplug power to start. any solution with hibernate or suspend? thanks.

• Thanks datrh.

Samba seems to be working fine now. Power off also working now.

(Having some playback issues on certain videos (stuttering, stops and jumps). I guess it will be fixed before final Kodi release.)

Happy Holidays!

• Thanks datrh.

Samba seems to be working fine now. Power off also working now.

(Having some playback issues on certain videos (stuttering, stops and jumps). I guess it will be fixed before final Kodi release.)

Happy Holidays!

How did you manage to make power off work? It seems to power off the box but I cannot power on with the button: I have to pull the plug.

• HI almost first time here, had to rereg.

Reading through your work, Datrh, you have done an amazing job to help us folks that are clueless.

anyway i upgraded minix x8h-plus to, i believe, libreelec-x8-h_plusgen1.arm-8.2rc-kodi_17.6-final.img.gz/file

I got it via minix forum before they went down some time back.

My problem:

I now have a smart tv and am unable to play any x265 content.

(so much for my big upgrade)

Ive tried to play the video directly into tv from usb stick and the file plays perfectly.

Is there any way to get my x8h plus to the next level? if needed?

I tried the files in the first post, chose RC 3

The boot via sd fails.

LE update screen itself, shows le9 but no update channel

Or have i missed something else?

• @PR

How did you manage to make power off work? It seems to power off the box but I cannot power on with the button: I have to pull the plug.

Sorry if I mislead you. The power off from Kodi menu used to reboot the Minix but now actually turns power off. I wasn't aware you had to pull the plug to restart it.

• the x265 support is limited on the x8-h plus.

if you want to play 4k/x265 flawlessly content you need to look at a 905 unit.

minix-range-2017-android-warehouse.jpg

our old X8 are good for max x264/1080p content.

to update to RC3 (RC4 soon) you need to :

Edited once, last by datrh (January 3, 2019 at 11:03 AM).

• @PR

Sorry if I mislead you. The power off from Kodi menu used to reboot the Minix but now actually turns power off. I wasn't aware you had to pull the plug to restart it.

i know it's annoying but anyway it's the end of the road for the S802-812 devices.

kodi 18 will be the last "compatible" version.(if i'm not wrong)

• datrh

Hello everybody. I'm a newbie regarding the Libreelec use.

I want first to congratulate you for your nice work that my forum colleagues already benefit. I want to be one of them.

So...

I have a Minix 8h Plus...

It is updated to last firmware 011, and last days i was updsred the Minix ken lollipop 5.1. i was very glad that on this Android version could install the kodi 17.6 or even last rc of Leia..but.... the problem was that in all possible combinations all the Kodi versions (17.6, Leia, Spmc fork...) All the videos in 1080p has choppy or skip frames.

So...i wish yo install a stable version of Libreeelec 17.6 on thr sd card to have dual boot (i have several apk useful for my kid).

Although i read all the topic pages.... I don't know which is the most stable version (17.6) for my minix 8h Plus more appropriate to boot as a second OS on my box.

Few questions....

1. what program have to use to put the libreelec on SD card (jar...thz.. I'm a newbie i told you already).

2. Do i have to add something else in the sd card formated with the choose Libreelec version? we

3. Do I have to use a toothpick for sd card booting?

4. I will mess up the android os after an unsuccessful Libreelec install?

5. I have to add something (how??) To close the box with the A2 lite after using minix?

6. How can i switch between OS(Android/libreelec)?

Thank you in advance.

Edited once, last by Macko (January 3, 2019 at 1:02 PM).

1. libreelec.usb-sd.creator.win32.exe (i guess you use windows and write the GZ file you have downloaded )
    2. no
    3. yes you need to patch the bootloader to be able to boot from SD. it's a one time process.
    4. no it will just install itself on the SD card
    5. shutdown works from remote, to power-on you need to unplug replug the power cable and press the button on the minix
    6. just remove the SD card to boot again in Android
  • Thank so much for your time.

I will be looking for a new box now.

It still amazes me that these smart tv's, sold in this day , have such bad interface..Samsung in my case.

anyway many thanks.

You mentioned a 905 unit. Is that the bare minimum or is the choice a bit wider?

1. libreelec.usb-sd.creator.win32.exe (i guess you use windows and write the GZ file you have downloaded )
    2. no
    3. yes you need to patch the bootloader to be able to boot from SD. it's a one time process.
    4. no it will just install itself on the SD card
    5. shutdown works from remote, to power-on you need to unplug replug the power cable and press the button on the minix
    6. just remove the SD card to boot again in Android

Many many thanks for your such complete and so quick answer!!

Please indicate me where to downoad the last/final stable version of Libreeelec 17.6 on the sd card to have dual boot.

"you need to patch the bootloader"-refering the usb-sd creator program to burn it on the sd-card? SD card should be FAT32 or NTFS?

I understand that ill have to rename the file i will download. Is that correct?

There is no solution to put the box with Libreelec on sd card at least into sleep mode or something?? I dont want to unplug/plug in the box each time i want to use it!

The remotefiles from Demetris LiBreElec build

Installing LE 8 from @demitris onto Minix Neo x8h plus

it is integrated into your build?

Thank you again!

LE.This are the latest versions of LibreElec KOdi 17.6 for Minix 8h Plus?

X8,X8-H and some X8-HP users : http://www.mediafire.com/file/dtr2kr1r5ycbtth/libreelec-x8-h_series.arm-8.2rc-kodi_17.6-final.img.gz/file

some X8-HP users : http://www.mediafire.com/file/ndb7ss9o7saq1ap/libreelec-x8-h_plusgen1.arm-8.2rc-kodi_17.6-final.img.gz/file

There is the difference between them?

If you find some time....please for newbies like me...can you add the details in your first topic post:

-how to formated the sd card with the Libreelec usb-sd creator (the steps)-i find this :

Installing LE 8 from @demitris onto Minix Neo x8h plus

-"making the whitelist" (i dont know what is it and how/when to setup)- read again all the topic

-the video settings for hardware acceleration

Thanks a lot again.

Edited 3 times, last by Macko (January 3, 2019 at 6:51 PM).

• I post this, earlier....but not appeared on the topic.

• I browsed in the sd card formatted with LibreELEC-X8-H_Series (from the first post) and I didn't find any file named "boot_autoscript"

Find attached the image of the sd content. (I don't understand why there is present s805script, if the Minix 8h plus it is s812)

Thank you

• I patched (burned on the sd card with the Libreleec tool) both versions of Libreleec 17.6 from the first topic post. I'm mention again.... I want to boot from sd card, I want to let Android os in his place!

Every time the Minix 8h-plus doesn't care and boot the android os.

What I've done wrong? I readed 3 times already the entire 12 pages topic. I missed something or the entire process is not fully explained for newbies like me.

1. I downloaded the both versions of the 17.6 kodi Librelec for 8h-plus from the very first post of this topic.

2. Downloaded the libreelec tool.

3. Inserted the sd card in the laptop.

4. Open the Libreelec tool, load the path of the gz file, "write" it on sd card

5. No sign of the "boot_autoscript" file after opening the SD card content (see attachement in my previous post), in none of the versions attached in the first post this file can't be find after patching the SD card (I opened each of them and both have the modified date in december 2017, although in the topic Datrh updated the version 17.6 kodi libeelec also in 2018 and uploaded in the first post.... I didn't find the updated version for 17.6 libreelec Kodi)

6. I unplugged the minix and put in the "untouched" librelec sd card in, plug the power cord, start the box from phisical button (i read in the previous pages there is no need to use tootpic for booting from sd card!)

7. Minix android os is starting......

This is it.....

Thank you again for your support..... I'm newbie in libreelec, but not an non-tehnical person!

Maybe a detailed process steps will be useful for users like me..

Thank you again.

Edited once, last by Macko (January 3, 2019 at 10:15 PM).