LE.This are the latest versions of LibreElec KOdi 17.6 for Minix 8h Plus?
X8,X8-H and some X8-HP users : LibreELEC-X8-H_Series.arm-8.2RC-kodi_17.6-final.img
some X8-HP users : LibreELEC-X8-H_PlusGen1.arm-8.2RC-kodi_17.6-final.img
There is the difference between them?
In the past , i had to maintain 2 versions for the x8-hp (i guess related to android bootloader/firmware version.)
This is why i suggest now to run the device with the latest firmware (latest bootloader).
My 17.6 images are based on Balbes150 works and i've kept his bootloader patch technic in my kodi 18 images.
If you find some time....please for newbies like me...can you add the details in your first topic post:
-how to formated the sd card with the Libreelec usb-sd creator (the steps)-i find this :
Installing LE 8 from @demitris onto Minix Neo x8h plus
the LibreELEC usb creator will take care of it.
I browsed in the sd card formatted with LibreELEC-X8-H_Series (from the first post) and I didn't find any file named "boot_autoscript"
Find attached the image of the sd content.
you're right, the file is missing.
- If you have a spare SD card , burn a RC3 or RC4 image and copy the file from the SD with kodi18 to the SD with kodi 17.6
- or download the file from here boot_autoscript and put it on the SD with kodi17.6 (don't forget to rename it.)
(I don't understand why there is present s805script, if the Minix 8h plus it is s812)
it's just a file name, it's was developed by Balbes150 when the s805 were mainstream
I patched (burned on the sd card with the Libreleec tool) both versions of Libreleec 17.6 from the first topic post. I'm mention again.... I want to boot from sd card, I want to let Android os in his place!
Every time the Minix 8h-plus doesn't care and boot the android os.
What I've done wrong? I readed 3 times already the entire 12 pages topic. I missed something or the entire process is not fully explained for newbies like me.
1. I downloaded the both versions of the 17.6 kodi Librelec for 8h-plus from the very first post of this topic.
2. Downloaded the libreelec tool.
3. Inserted the sd card in the laptop.
4. Open the Libreelec tool, load the path of the gz file, "write" it on sd card
5. No sign of the "boot_autoscript" file after opening the SD card content (see attachement in my previous post), in none of the versions attached in the first post this file can't be find after patching the SD card (I opened each of them and both have the modified date in december 2017, although in the topic Datrh updated the version 17.6 kodi libeelec also in 2018 and uploaded in the first post.... I didn't find the updated version for 17.6 libreelec Kodi)
6. I unplugged the minix and put in the "untouched" librelec sd card in, plug the power cord, start the box from phisical button (i read in the previous pages there is no need to use tootpic for booting from sd card!)
7. Minix android os is starting......
This is it.....
Thank you again for your support..... I'm newbie in libreelec, but not an non-tehnical person!
Maybe a detailed process steps will be useful for users like me..
Thank you again.
5. i've post the old 17.6 images a few weeks after having started the kodi 18 topic so everyone who has tested the kodi 18 images where running a minix with a patched bootloader.
in the past, the boot.scr was a extra file to copy on the SD.i've change this with kodi 18 images.
6.if the android bootloader has not been patched, you will not being able to boot from SD. the "toothpick" trick is a one time process.
minix-neo-x8-h-plus-rear-ports.jpg (the reset"recover" hole)
if successful , LibreELEC will self-install on the SD card and you will have a minix able to boot from SD/LibreELEC (if inserted) or from internal storage/android
edit : ...and my images (s802/s812) support the standard minix IR or any wireless Minix remote