feedback for test build LibreELEC-RK3328

• Thanks for this, I made new test builds with latest mpp at Index of /test/, I am still seeing some issue with opening hevc files, need to check what is going on (could be my kernel or ffmpeg patches that is at fault).

Gave this a shot. Rock64 didn't like it.

SD 720 x 576 Mpeg2 Live TV TVHeadend Client Displayed as 4:3 video with out of sync Audio.

Some of my Network Movie files refused to open. Spinning wheel continuously . Had to hit stop or it just stayed like that for 3 minutes.

Anyway i'll enjoy LibreELEC-RK3328.arm-9.0-devel-20180606204626-0267cea-rock64 till the next test.

Thanks again.;)

• Hi,

Are there any PVR clients included in LibreELEC-RK3328.arm-9.0-devel-20180606204626-0267cea-rock64 ?

I could not find TVHeadend client there..

That's a development and can't link to the LibreELEC repository. You need to update or flash the build download from here. However I found playback problem with the 06/08 build for ROCK64, suggest download and update to 06/07 build.

• Thanks guys. I've installed nightly, then I updated with your build via Samba share - and TVHeadend client seems to work fine, including 4K :)

Well, most of the time. I've noticed that if I switch to radio and then back to TV - the HDMI output goes dead after a while (uncontrolled screen saver)? It is not a complete crash as the audio still works (if connected via analog output).

• Hello people!

I tested the LibreELEC-RK3328 build.arm-9.0-nightly-20180608-8a0bf6c-rock64, the video plays perfectly, but when I press stop during playback, I get a black screen for a few minutes. I hope this bug will be fixed soon.

I will continue to test, the developers did well!

p.3.s. I apologize for my English, translate via translator :)

• Hi to the Rockchip Experts, i was til today in the amlogic world with s912 and s905 builds. But after reading that the picture quality should be better with rockchip i would give a try, cause i have nothing to play and work on in the amlogic world. But i dont know which box would run good, so i searched for a little price box which i can play with. Would this box do it:? V88 Mini Smart TV Box Android7.1 RK3328 QuadCore WiFi 4K WiFi USB3.0 Player F7H7 | eBay

And if so, the image i should take from the test.liberelec archives would be the one with .box named?!?!

Thanks for the help!!!

J.

• Hi to the Rockchip Experts, i was til today in the amlogic world with s912 and s905 builds. But after reading that the picture quality should be better with rockchip i would give a try, cause i have nothing to play and work on in the amlogic world. But i dont know which box would run good, so i searched for a little price box which i can play with. Would this box do it:? V88 Mini Smart TV Box Android7.1 RK3328 QuadCore WiFi 4K WiFi USB3.0 Player F7H7 | eBay

And if so, the image i should take from the test.liberelec archives would be the one with .box named?!?!

Thanks for the help!!!

J.

Get a Rock64 Development board or a Bqeel MVR9 RK3328 tv box.

They are the only ones having test LibreELEC images apart from ROC CC & Rockbox.

With other devices you will never have full mainline LibreELEC support and always get booting problems trying different RK3328 LibreELEC images made for generic devices.

Some of the MXQ and Schision devices also can't boot from a micro-sd card, so then running LibreELEC is not even possible.

Thanks for the help!!!

J.

Hi

I have and use SCISHION V88 Piano TV Box - $57.06 Free Shipping|GearBest.com, but it's not good choice. No 1000Mbit Lan only 100 Mbit and wifi chip ssv6051 ... . I have to use my own patches to work with libreelec - for remote ir, so far no luck with wifi ...

• Hi

I have and use SCISHION V88 Piano TV Box - $57.06 Free Shipping|GearBest.com, but it's not good choice. No 1000Mbit Lan only 100 Mbit and wifi chip ssv6051 ... . I have to use my own patches to work with libreelec - for remote ir, so far no luck with wifi ...

I am planing to purchase this box, can you confirm this two things.

Default Remote of SCISHION V88 Piano TV Box working in rock chip test build of libreelec?

2. Is WiFi working in test build and boot from sd card?

• I am planing to purchase this box, can you confirm this two things.

Default Remote of SCISHION V88 Piano TV Box working in rock chip test build of libreelec?

2. Is WiFi working in test build and boot from sd card?

Garbage no vendor support. Garbage no source code for this wifi chip. Mainline Kernel ?? Fat Chance.

Better off reading Scishion V88 4K LibreElec

I think the days of hacking Chinese firmware in LE are over. Thank God.

SBC boards are well priced compared to these Backyard Hardware Boxes with Hacked up Android Phone / Tablet Firmware.

For LE you don't need 4GB of ram. 1GB or 2 GB are enough. Wifi USB adapters are cheap. Full Keyboard USB remotes are cheap.

Do the numbers. Rock64 starts at $24.95 for 1GB ram plus $8.99 PSU. eEMMC $15.95 for 16GB , Buy a Full Learning usb Keyboard remote $12.00. You'll have GigaBit Ethernet , 1 USB 3 port , 2 USB Ports.

Most Importantly Community Development Support.

What's that worth ????????

• Kwiboo It would be great to test HDR support even if it's an alpha build with basic support.

If there is no time now and HDMI passthrough, video playback will be worked on first, is there a way to build myself with HDR support or will it still need lots of changes before it can even work?

Rock64 doesn't have any HDR support in software yet and other RK3328 devices only play HDR in 1080p quality, no 4K HDR on Android.