Allo Digione

• Hi, Just replaced HiFiBerry Digi+ with ALLO DigiOne sound card. Installation process was straightforward for the HiFiBerry Digi+ but can't find the procedure for the ALLO DigiOne. Even Allo don't know. Anyone know the words to use on the ssh for Libreelec?

Thanks

Aland

• If the card doesn't have an eeprom with the dtoverlay (so it's automatically enabled) you could try adding this to your config.txt (remove the old dtoverlay=hifiberry... line first)

Code
    dtoverlay=allo-digione

so long,

Hias

• Thanks Hias works great. Had to do a clean install of Libreelec. Not sure why it wouldn't work on original, I removed the hifi berry overlay

Cheers

Aland

• Hi,

My Allo DigiOne make no sound. I installed the driver by adding dtoverlay=allo-digione to the config.txt. The driver loads ok;

here is the lsmod output:

Module Size Used by

8812au 1175200 0

snd_soc_bcm2835_i2s 5981 2

snd_soc_wm8804_i2c 1344 1

snd_soc_wm8804 7674 1 snd_soc_wm8804_i2c

snd_soc_allo_digione 3285 1

snd_soc_core 110897 3 snd_soc_wm8804,snd_soc_allo_digione,snd_soc_bcm2835_i2s

cfg80211 247930 1 8812au

snd_compress 7863 1 snd_soc_core

snd_pcm_dmaengine 2943 1 snd_soc_core

snd_pcm 68095 5 snd_soc_wm8804,snd_pcm_dmaengine,snd_soc_bcm2835_i2s,snd_soc_core

rfkill 13757 3 cfg80211

spi_bcm2835 6050 0

bcm2835_gpiomem 2652 0

snd_timer 17901 1 snd_pcm

i2c_bcm2835 5165 0

snd 41825 5 snd_compress,snd_timer,snd_soc_core,snd_pcm

fixed 2407 2

Any suggestion how to get the board to work?

Thanks,

• The LibreElec doesn't let to passthrough to the DigiOne board. With a few tricks I was able to enable the Passthrough 5.1 to Kodi. I did the following steps:

1) Installed Volume latest build

2) Added Kodi

3) Enable i2c audio, and selected the Allo DigiOne

4) Tested Audio with Volume - > Music works

5) Tested music with Kodi - > Music didn't work

6) Copied the file /usr/share/alsa/cards/IQAudIODigi.conf to /usr/share/alsa/cards/AlloDigiOne.conf

7) Edit the AlloDigiOne.conf

<confdir:pcm/iec958.conf>

AlloDigiOne.pcm.iec958.0

8) Re boot

9) Open Kodi System-Audio-> Passthrough; I can select the ALSA:snd_allo_digi,S/PDIF

10) Enabled all options (my audio processor can handle all formats)

And the Allo is passing through 5.1 charles at 192kh/24bit

My next step is to try and replicating this with LibreELEC. To add the new file, I need to update the read-only image. I got stuck with installing

squashfs-tools addon.

squashfs howto - make changes the read-only filesystem in OpenELEC - andreierdei

I would prefer if the LibreELEC developers could comment, and perhaps configure and test these steps and procedure with an official build.

AlleyCat

• The loaded modules look fine. Does it show up in Settings->System->Audio and can you select it as an audio output device?

If yes and you still get no output (eg the GUI sound clicks) please use the Log Upload option in LibreELEC settings to upload full system logs.

so long,

Hias

• AlleyCat just saw your additional comment (maybe it was held back for moderation?)

Non-working passthrough and missing alsa card conf sounds familiar... Blame it on the RPi sound card manufacturers who build a plethora of cards based on the same chip (wm8804 in your case) and choose to write separate sound card drivers with different card names instead of using unified drivers per chip. And blame it on the RPi kernel maintainers for accepting that stuff in their tree - this is not allowed in the upstream Linux kernel for very good reasons (you just noticed one of these).

Anyways, could you test if this build works?

LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.2-devel-20180403014343-r26324-gd125c30462.tar

so long,

Hias

• I must activate debug logging, start the playing, stop it and upload the log, right?

Yes, please enable debug logging, reboot, then play a file, then upload the log.

It's important to have debug information of kodi startup as well, therefore the need to reboot.

so long,

Hias