[8.90.6] Audio out of sync from livetv

• Audio goes out of sync only when watching livetv, was the same with 8.90.5. Didn't happen with the last build from kszaq, had a weird video issue on livetv with that is why i swapped over to yours

Debug Log

Crashed as i was stopping kodi here's that log

• If I select "Disable deinterlacing" in System->Display setting then I get the same problem, so if you have it selected, you should deselect it and reboot.

-2re

8.90 ⇒ MeCool KI Pro ⇒ Onkyo TX-NR656 ⇒ SAMSUNG 65"LED/UHD/PQ1300/T2CS

LG BP50NB40 USB Blu-ray

• I need deinterlacing enabled

Thought you were asking me to disable deinterlacing.

Edited once, last by dazed ().

• Do you have any custom settings in autostart.sh?

-2re

LG BP50NB40 USB Blu-ray

• Just echo 0 > /sys/module/di/parameters/nr2_en but i don't need that anymore as this release has that turned off by default

• i have same problem on some streaming, but i don't have the deinterlace option under display settings. weird. i

• i have same problem on some streaming, but i don't have the deinterlace option under display settings. weird. i

These setting are only for advance user, which I think, you are not! :angel:

-2re

LG BP50NB40 USB Blu-ray

• 8.90.5 is known to crash when stopping playback, this was an upstream Kodi bug, it's not present in .6.

If your audio is out of sync in both .5 and .6 then the problem most probably lies with tvheadend as .5 is using the same kernel as kszaqs builds.

• If your audio is out of sync in both .5 and .6 then the problem most probably lies with tvheadend as .5 is using the same kernel as kszaqs builds.

I don't use tvheadend i use mediaportal tv server

• Audio goes out of sync only when watching livetv, was the same with 8.90.5. Didn't happen with the last build from kszaq, had a weird video issue on livetv with that is why i swapped over to yours

Debug Log

Crashed as i was stopping kodi here's that log

In your log I see lot of CVideoPlayer::CheckContinuity - update correction causing audio out of sync. It looks like performance issue. But I can't see audio debug log. You have allow in Logging specific log: Audio and A/V timing.

Live TV is more time sensitive for decoding and it need better data caching, buffering and faster data transfer. I ported some kernel tweaking from kszaq kernel. My testings shows very positive performance improvement in fixing playback issue. You have to wait for new version.

• In your log I see lot of CVideoPlayer::CheckContinuity - update correction causing audio out of sync. It looks like performance issue. But I can't see audio debug log. You have allow in Logging specific log: Audio and A/V timing.

Live TV is more time sensitive for decoding and it need better data caching, buffering and faster data transfer. I ported some kernel tweaking from kszaq kernel. My testings shows very positive performance improvement in fixing playback issue. You have to wait for new version.

Thank you for looking into this :thumbsup:

'You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know -..' ~ Walter Sobchak (The Big Lebowski)