[8.90.6]Playback problems and much more...:)

• I'm having tons of problems with this release, to the point it's unusable.

Does anybody have a mirror for the 8.90.4 version (for s905x)? Would be much appreciated, since I can't seemingly find older releases anywhere.

I've gone back to 8.90.4 too, it's a pretty solid build for me. Adamg mentioned that downgrading is not possible due to the new partitions so it might be essential to do a fresh install, and if you're installed to internal it may well break everything but I've uploaded it to dropbox anyway Dropbox - LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.90.4.img.gz (use at your own risk, etc. etc.)

• I've gone back to 8.90.4 too, it's a pretty solid build for me. Adamg mentioned that downgrading is not possible due to the new partitions so it might be essential to do a fresh install, and if you're installed to internal it may well break everything but I've uploaded it to dropbox anyway Dropbox - LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.90.4.img.gz (use at your own risk, etc. etc.)

Don't know if install detects the right devise tree, But after burning img.gz to a sd-card there is a directory named device_trees. Delete the dtb.img from root and copy the right one to root and rename it dtb.img. ;)

• I'v been using thees builds form some time now, and I'm amazed by all the problems people have. I have never had ha problem with these built's except miner issues regarding hardware vs LE.

So; Just an observation from working with computers since 1980. When ever I'm present there is never a problem with any computers, but as soon as I leave the room S**t happens. Now I know that the computers are not aware of my presence. So the only logical explanation is; When the Boss leaves the room every one becomes a computer expert.

So my advice is; If you don't know what your doing, or you think you know what your doing, stick to the stable versions. ;)

Edited once, last by 2re (March 25, 2018 at 6:31 PM).

• I've gone back to 8.90.4 too, it's a pretty solid build for me. Adamg mentioned that downgrading is not possible due to the new partitions so it might be essential to do a fresh install, and if you're installed to internal it may well break everything but I've uploaded it to dropbox anyway Dropbox - LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.90.4.img.gz (use at your own risk, etc. etc.)

You're amazing, thank you so much for the mirror. 8.90.4 was working pretty perfectly for me also, so I'm happy to just stay there.

• I'v been using thees builds form some time now, and I'm amazed by all the problems people have. I have never had ha problem with these built's except miner issues regarding hardware vs LE.

So; Just an observation from working with computers since 1980. When ever I'm present there is never a problem with any computers, but as soon as I leave the room S**t happens. Now I know that the computers are not aware of my presence. So the only logical explanation is; When the Boss leaves the room every one becomes a computer expert.

So my advice is; If you don't know what your doing, or you think you know what your doing, stick to the stable versions. ;)

I'm glad it works great for you

There has been minor issues of which I acknowledge but these are mainly introduced by the Kodi team, some I have been responsible for but nothing to the degree of what is reported.

There is too much inconsistency with testing and too much b/s from users who don't know what they are doing and cause half the problems themselves, ie dtb issues/ installing to internal/ not providing kodi and kernel logs/ changing sysfs kernel flags/ using build threads as a q&a/ telling me my decisions are bad.

It would help if developers had the ability to moderate their own threads but we don't and I can't make head or tail of things because of all the noise that is generated.

I'm burned out from it all and I'm not the only one, it's ashame because when I started I was full of enthusiasm for LE on Amlogic but the forums and past issues with how LE is run has totally drained me to the point I don't want to carry on anymore and that is why I have asked for the thread to be closed.

• I'm glad it works great for you

There has been minor issues of which I acknowledge but these are mainly introduced by the Kodi team, some I have been responsible for but nothing to the degree of what is reported.

There is too much inconsistency with testing and too much b/s from users who don't know what they are doing and cause half the problems themselves, ie dtb issues/ installing to internal/ not providing kodi and kernel logs/ changing sysfs kernel flags/ using build threads as a q&a/ telling me my decisions are bad.

It would help if developers had the ability to moderate their own threads but we don't and I can't make head or tail of things because of all the noise that is generated.

I'm burned out from it all and I'm not the only one, it's ashame because when I started I was full of enthusiasm for LE on Amlogic but the forums and past issues with how LE is run has totally drained me to the point I don't want to carry on anymore and that is why I have asked for the thread to be closed.

I'm sorry to hear that, but working as a developer/systemdesigner/IT-Manager since 1980 I totally understand. You have done a GRATE job with these built's and all your work is very much appreciated. I wish you all the best for the future! And a BIG Thanks for all the grate work!

cheers

-tore

• I'm burned out from it all and I'm not the only one, it's ashame because when I started I was full of enthusiasm for LE on Amlogic but the forums and past issues with how LE is run has totally drained me to the point I don't want to carry on anymore and that is why I have asked for the thread to be closed.

Thank you for your huge work on LE! Maybe better to do something else now for a while... :)

• I'm glad it works great for you

In my opinion some threads need more moderation, cleaning up all self created problems etc.

I´m working in IT since 1993 - I know a lot about dumbest assumable users

• Thank you for your huge work on LE! Maybe better to do something else now for a while... :)

I'm just going to take a break the same as kszaq, I will still be contributing but it will be in the background from now on

In my opinion some threads need more moderation, cleaning up all self created problems etc.

totally agree here, I have messaged chewitt to see if anything can be done and to see if people with developer tag can moderate their own threads

If you are running on internal the partition change will not allow you to even run 8.90.6 from a USB stick. So disabling the "installtoInternal" will leave many people stranded. I suspect it will require a return to stock before you can run these versions if you are running from EMMC. Shame.

I will stick with 8.90.5 since I am also waiting for an upgraded DVB-S driver for my dTV card on the VIM2 and needs some additional tweeks to work anyway.

Shoog

• For once I wish I could step back from the bleeding edge, but decisions by people developing hardware support mean I am stuck on the knife edge. Wish I had have went with the KII Pro, but was sucked in by Khada's false advertising about the level of support for their product. Might just save myself the grief and get a KII Pro anyway.

Shoog

• If you are running on internal the partition change will not allow you to even run 8.90.6 from a USB stick. So disabling the "installtoInternal" will leave many people stranded. I suspect it will require a return to stock before you can run these versions if you are running from EMMC. Shame.

I will stick with 8.90.5 since I am also waiting for an upgraded DVB-S driver for my dTV card on the VIM2 and needs some additional tweeks to work anyway.

Shoog

You are wrong, downgrading from 8.90.6 to any other version is doable if you are installed on an external device.

The funny thing is your waiting for an upgraded dtv driver for your kvim2 board when it already exists in 8.90.6, it contains the latest changes by afl1.

Shame your staying on 8.90.5 :)

• For once I wish I could step back from the bleeding edge, but decisions by people developing hardware support mean I am stuck on the knife edge. Wish I had have went with the KII Pro, but was sucked in by Khada's false advertising about the level of support for their product. Might just save myself the grief and get a KII Pro anyway.

Shoog

I'm I to understand that your life is ruined by a cheep china box? ;(

• You are wrong, downgrading from 8.90.6 to any other version is doable if you are installed on an external device.

The funny thing is your waiting for an upgraded dtv driver for your kvim2 board when it already exists in 8.90.6, it contains the latest changes by afl1.

Shame your staying on 8.90.5 :)

When was the last change applied by afl1 ?
    Couldn't get USB to boot the 8.90.6 with either the supplied dtb or the previous dtb from 8.90.5, so lets clarify do you have to return to stock to upgrade. 8.90.5 boots just fine from USB when 8.90.5 is on internal as well.

Shoog

Shoog

Evil developers we are

• When was the last change applied by afl1 ?
    Couldn't get USB to boot the 8.90.6 with either the supplied dtb or the previous dtb from 8.90.5, so lets clarify do you have to return to stock to upgrade. 8.90.5 boots just fine from USB when 8.90.5 is on internal as well.

Shoog

I have no problem booting 8.90.6 form SD on Nexbox and KI pro. So it defiantly works;)