Add built-in Java support

• Don't have such device which means it is the same story as with RPi: Maybe someone will investigate. But I'm sure it could be done.

Maybe you could try above RPi2 version.

installed fine without error but no menus work. Could take a look if i share my log ?

• installed fine without error but no menus work. Could take a look if i share my log ?

Enable debug log in kodi and post it. If there will be some clear indication what is wrong it would be easy fix. If not you are out of luck :)

• .iso or disc ? I think you can only play unprotected disc/iso.

My test .iso works on Intel NUC and Rpi with method from here.

Disk... I've installed the keys to allow encrypted discs and the discs play, but not menus...goes straight to movie. I've got the switch in Kodi enabled to show menu but no go.

So...how do install/use the Java menu plugin?

• Or from post #50 for RPi.

True, there is no "real" addon to be installed manually as .zip file. Because I'm lazy and didn't finish addon yet. Well, most things are done already. So maybe one day there will be proper addon.

• Or from post #50 for RPi.

True, there is no "real" addon to be installed manually as .zip file. Because I'm lazy and didn't finish addon yet. Well, most things are done already. So maybe one day there will be proper addon.

Thanks again!

I'm running Millhouse nightly on intel platform (self-built HTPC). I get the "play Bluray menu" menu option, but every disc I try just plays the main movie!

Not a deal breaker, but would be nice to have Java menu option, so i have a fully-integrated solution.

• Enable kodi debug log, try opening one menu and then upload log file somewhere.

I didn't checked lately if this thing still works and maybe something is broken. If I'm bored one day I will try it again.

I was testing with

Get.Out.2017.1080p.Blu-ray.AVC.DTS-HD.MA.5.1-HDChina

V.for.Vendetta.2005.1080p.CEE.BluRay.AVC.TrueHD.5.1-FGT

• vpeter thanks for your help :)

Bluray Menus are working on my Raspberry Pi 3. Tested with Milhouse Build 0407.

I uploaded the package on my private server, hope thats ok.

Code
    wget https://juka-blog.de/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/bluray-menu-rpi2.tar.gz
    tar xzf bluray-menu-rpi2.tar.gz -C /
    rm bluray-menu-rpi2.tar.gz 

Great work! Many BD menus work now on the Pi3 (32 bit version).

One question: systems like the Odroid C2 need compiled 64 versions of this Java add-on.

Is this feasible?

• Wow, it works! I'm on LE 8 Remix by escalade. But it looks like if I want to use MakeMKV I have to set the Java path in the settings of MakeMKV. MakeMKV - BD-Java

Because when I start the disc with simplified menu, then MakeMKV decodes the disc fine. But when I start the disc with full Blu-ray menu I get only the region warning screen. It's a region A disc, and I'm in region B. So my guess is that MakeMKV can't find the jre. So my question now is how do I set Java path in MakeMKV settings?

• Try adding in file /storage/.kodi/addons/lib.multimedia.makemkv/bin/makemkvcon another export for java

Code
    export JAVA_HOME=/storage/.kodi/addons/script.program.java/
  • Added that export, but I changed the path to /storage/.kodi/addons/java/jre/ because that's where your Java addon was extracted to. But it didn't make any difference it seems.