Add built-in Java support

• I tested 1.1.2 and it works exactly the same as previous version regarding stability.

No idea when it will be bumped.

Support my work with small (or big) Paypal donation

Amlogic devices works better with CoreELEC

Blu-ray Disc Java menus support - forum thread, Github

my lamp addon (unofficial/community with limited support)
    my touchscreen support and instructions by Grruhn (now touchscreen addon exists in repository)

• I tested 1.1.2 and it works exactly the same as previous version regarding stability.

No idea when it will be bumped.

Thanks for your feedback. I tested the VLC player on Windows for some time. With the 1.1.2 libbluray integration BD menus work really good. Out of 20 iso files tested only 1 caused some trouble. I did not test the VLC player under Linux yet. Let´s check....

• You need to build your own LE image because Kodi needs new libbluray library too. It is not just two .jar files.

my touchscreen support and instructions by Grruhn (now touchscreen addon exists in repository)

• OK so I wait for new version :)

It seems that the latest libbluray version is not implemented in the latest libreelec release.

Not a big deal, but would be nice to see if there is a more stable behavior.

• :) I checked the functionality with the very latest KODI / Libreelec version. Huge improvement! It seems that many optimizations have been made on the video player side. Almost 80% of the BDJ menus worked on my Raspberry Pi 3+ (with the same JAVA add-on as before).

• I tried the latest Libreelec Milhouse builds, which include the latest libbluray release as a major change.

I also installed the JAVA add-on and the results were disappointing. Most BDJ menus did not work.

Is the reason that the Zulu JAVA add-on needs to be updated / adjusted as well?

BTW: Since this LE version the new libbluray release is included:

#0802, 02-Aug-2019: Generic -- Release post (libbluray: update to 1.1.2)

• LibreELEC master is still on 1.0.2: LibreELEC.tv/package.mk at master · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

I would say Milhouse should update addon for his versions.

As a workaround you could copy file libbluray-j2se-1.1.2.jar and libbluray-awt-j2se-1.1.2.jar to folder /storage/.kodi/addons/tools.jre.zulu/

Code
    1. wget -O /storage/.kodi/addons/tools.jre.zulu/libbluray-j2se-1.1.2.jar http://vpeter.libreelec.tv/BD-J/libbluray-j2se-1.1.2.jar
    2. wget -O /storage/.kodi/addons/tools.jre.zulu/libbluray-awt-j2se-1.1.2.jar http://vpeter.libreelec.tv/BD-J/libbluray-awt-j2se-1.1.2.jar

I see it funny how opposite results users have. One wrote "Almost 80% of the BDJ menus worked" and the other "Most BDJ menus did not work" :huh:

• Well, the same user wrote this...:)

Two different scenarios:

a) LibreELEC 9.2.0 (Leia, final version based on Kodi v18.5) with ZULU Java add-on: works really well with >80% working menus

b) LibreELEC (Milhouse) development builds (based on Kodi v19) with the same ZULU Java add-on: works really bad; most menus broken

System: Raspberry Pi 3+ with Java add-on (tools.jre.zulu-9.0.101-RPi2.arm.zip)

• Misses you wrote both posts :huh:

Well, b) can't even works because jre addon doesn't have libbluray jar files ;(

You need to add them like I wrote to get it running.