LE9.0 remote configs ir-keytable Amlogic devices

• guys, i was able to run on my x96 mini LE9.0.2.

Finally was able to make th edts ma and trueHD passthru.

The only missing piece now is the remote. I have used p281 1g File. Changing the dtb file should work with remote?

I am asking that because i am for some reason unable to connect ssh with putty. It gives me connection refused? So i cant access the required folder.

How can i fix that?

• I've teardown the remote in picture and this is the circuit but I can't find a good configuration for delays to have keys pressed fast but without delay.

Actually I have:

ir-ctl -t 50000

ir-keytable -D 150 -P 80

Usually i press keys very fast but can't find any solution that haven't the delay.

G0bakFM.jpg

bZBOBhj.jpg

?key=c3f6eb486c3753cf11d75a5e6554d5718f7b9fcbc04a7c53f70c661b3f489f99-aHR0cHM6Ly9uZXd0ZWNoLmNvLnVrL21lZGlhL2NhdGFsb2cvcHJvZHVjdC82LzEvNjFka3BnYXNjOGwuX3NsMTAwMF8uanBn

• Hi there!

I own an Beelink Mini MX Ver 1.0. (2G/16G Amlogic S905 Quad Core 2.4GHz/5.8GHz HDMI 2.0 Bluetooth 4.0 Support Gigabit LAN)

At the moment i'm running [8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X on the box. I installed it to internal memory and it's working like a charm!

When I used the original Beelink Mini MX remote, I could use te remote to start the Beelink Mini MX, and start LibreELEC 8.2.3.1.

I'm using an other remote right now, (the one in the picture below) but I can't start the box with it. I need to manually plug in the power plug to let it boot.

HTB1L11gX4rvK1RjSszeq6yObFXae.jpg

How can I make this remote to boot the Beelink Mini MX, running LibreELEC 8.2.3.1 ?

Or how can I make this remote work to boot the Beelink Mini MX, running LibreELEC 9.0 ?

• Hi,

I have a few remotes laying around from Panasonic and Denon that I'd like to use. The Panasonic has multiple devices options, TV, VCR, DBS/CBT and DVD.

ir_keytable recognizes most of the buttons in the DVD options. The responding protocol is the JVC protocol. A few keys like EXIT or VOLUME + and - are not returning any codes.

Also, none of the TV/VCR/DBS/CBL buttons is being recognized. It looks like the protocol for these keys is not supported, because most of the DVD keys are working well.

My Denon remote doesn't work at all with any of the protocols.

My system is an Odroid C2, running CoreElec 9.02 or LibreELEC 9.02.

1) Can I teach ir_keytable raw commands (similar to LIRC)?

2) How can I test raw commands? irw returns an errors and will not work

3) Can I enable ir_keytable to recognize the keys that don't work?

ir-keytable

Found /sys/class/rc/rc0/ (/dev/input/event2) with:

Driver: meson-ir, table: rc-empty

lirc device: /dev/lirc0

Supported protocols: lirc rc-5 jvc sony nec sanyo mce_kbd rc-6

Enabled protocols: lirc

Name: meson-ir

bus: 25, vendor/product: 0000:0000, version: 0x0000

Repeat delay = 100 ms, repeat period = 100 ms

Thanks,

AlleyCat

Code
  • 1) Can I teach ir_keytable raw commands (similar to LIRC)?

Not yet. Recent kernels added support for BPF decoders (allowing you to upload BPF programs into the kernel to decode almost any IR signal), but this isn't enabled in LibreELEC yet (one of the userspace helper programs, lircd2toml.py, also needs Python3 which we don't have yet - that will be added once Kodi switches from Pyton2 to Python3).

So for now it's easiest to stick to lircd if you want to use a remote with an unsupported protocol.

so long,

Hias

• Thank. How to switch from ir-keytable to lircd?

in LE9 lircd will be started automatically if you have a /storage/.config/lircd.conf file. If you use lircd you should also create an empty /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg file so that in-kernel decoding doesn't interfere with lircd.

so long,

Hias

• I've read this thread over and over but i'm clearly missing something very basic. If the remote doesn't work, how do you get past the welcome screen so that you can enable SHH so that you can copy the required files on to the system so the remote does work? (USB mouse doesn't work either.)

Thanks.

• Hi - i'm sure it's my fault, but how to solve the problem?

Edit - it was the wrong device tree file. I've loaded the map file i created and the .cfg file using CoreFTP. But when i enter ir-keytable -a /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg -s rc0 in PuTTY to activate(?) i get "No such file or directory".

Help - please?

Edited 4 times, last by autolycus (August 17, 2019 at 10:12 PM).

• I'd like to contribute with two IR remotes that I have mapped to this thread.

Code: rc_maps.cfg
    meson-ir * nec
    meson-ir * phillips

Protocols

Left IR remote (don't know the name of it) uses NEC protocol.

Phillips IR Remote uses rc-6 protocol.

Observation

Phillips IR Control: I have not mapped NETFLIX, VUDU, NET TV, and YOUTUBE buttons into the file.

if you want to map them here it is the scancode:

Code
    Netflix = 0x76
    Vudu = 0x77
    Net Tv = 0xbe
    Youtube = 0x79

IMPORTANT

If your Phillips TV has EasyLink, which it might probably have, you don't need to use the mapping system. With EasyLink active and RC Key Forwarding you can you the Phillips Controller to control your TV BOX if supported.

All you got to do is:

Code
    Press Options > find Setup > Tv Settings > Installation > Preferences > EasyLink > RC Key Forwarding > select ON.

This was tested on a Phillips TV 55" with Net TV features + M9C Pro 4k Android Box running LibreELEC-LePotato.arm-9.0.2.img

Enjoy

=)

• Hey.

Help me please.

I have a VONTAR X92 prefix. The remote control has broken.

Saw this post: LE9.0 remote configs ir-keytable Amlogic devices

There is a file X92_keyboard.zip.

I want to use an Android phone to control the console. I want to use the Smart IR Remote - AnyMote application.

But to use this application you need a file with IR code.

Something like this:

# Please make this file available to others

# by sending it to <[email protected]>

#

# this config file was automatically generated

# using lirc-0.9.0 (SerialDevice) on Wed Jun 17 22:17:08 2015

#

# contributed by

#

# brand: .. \ config.cf

# model no. of remote control:

# devices being controlled by this remote:

#

begin remote

name .. \ config.cf

bits 9

flags SPACE_ENC | CONST_LENGTH

eps 30

aeps 100

header 3023 1370

one 306 762

zero 306 278

ptrail 304

post_data_bits 8

post_data 0x0

gap 32982

toggle_bit_mask 0x0

begin codes

VolUp 0x0C4

VolDown 0x0D4

PgUp 0x0E4

PgDn 0x0F4

FullScreen 0x0A4

end codes

end remote

Please tell me. Do you have a file of this type?

Thank.