Spotify Connect

• Official Post

I got spotify-connect-web to run, by creating /storage/.config/asound.conf, which was missing.
    The content of the file I use is:

Code
    pcm.!default {
            type hw
            card 0
    }

ctl.!default {
            type hw
            card 0
    }

I will keep you posted if I manage to play music.
    Enjoy!

• Official Post

I managed to make it work:
    - remove/rename libasound.so.2 from the spotify-connect-web directory
    - run ./spotify-connect-web -o hw:0,1 -u username -p password
    - no need to create /storage/.config/asound.conf
    - do not forget to add your spotify_appkey.key

I guess this can be improved, since the output of amixer hints at mono output.

A addon is on the way, nevertheless!

Until then, please be so kind to share your feedback/requests on this thread.

Enjoy!

• Official Post

I have taken the liberty to wrap the spotify-connect-web project into addons, that I have proposed to LibreELEC.

I am looking for volunteers to test drive these addons.

Unfortunately, the spotify-connect-web project only runs on Raspberry 2 and 3 devices, and overcoming this limitation lies with the spotify-connect-web project. As a consequence thereof, the addons only run on Raspberry 2 and 3 devices.

The addons are available from the LibreELEC repository.

Operation:
    1. Install the addon
    2. Get your spotify_appkey.key from here
    3. Place the spotify_appkey.key in the addon home folder, ie smb://libreelec.local/userdata/addon_data/service.spotify-connect-web
    4. Configure Spotify username and password via the addon settings
    5. Redirect Spotify streams from your Spotify app to LibreELEC
    6. Enjoy!

Further reading:
    spotify-connect-web README.md
    Spotify Connect forum thread

New with release 91:
    - added bit rate to the addon settings
    - added playback route to the addon settings
    - removed spotify_appkey.key from the addon settings: spotify_appkey.key must be located in the addon home folder
    - cosmetic changes

• Working a treat!

Hopefully the Libreelec team see the value in this and add it to their repo, finally an alternative to using airplay from my iPhone.

Awesome work,

Thanks

Loggio.

• Hi. Many thanks for this addon! Works like a charme.

The Spotify-Connect-Web Script has a -bitrate option to specify a custom bitrate.

Is it possible to set the bitrate somewhere in the addon-python files?
    Sadly, the addon settings are not providing this option.

Code
    ./spotify-connect-web.sh --username 12345678 --password xyz123 --bitrate 320

spotify-connect-web/README.md at master · Fornoth/spotify-connect-web · GitHub

Thanks in advance and keep up the great work!
    Dom

• Hello DomJ4ck,

Thank you for the feedback. I will add the bitrate option. I will also add an option to select the playback route (auto, HDMI or jack).

I am however away from my computer, so you will have to wait a bit.

Thank you for your patience.

• Hello DomJ4ck,

Thank you for the feedback. I will add the bitrate option. I will also add an option to select the playback route (auto, HDMI or jack).

I am however away from my computer, so you will have to wait a bit.

Thank you for your patience.

Amazing!
    Thank you.

• I have updated the preview addons, see my updated post above.
    I hope they will work for you.

My next steps:
    1. create a small Alpine based docker image to run spotify-connect-web on all LibreELEC arm projets
    2. offload ALSA configuration (common to spotify-connect-web, squeezelite, etc) to a dedicated addon

• I have updated the preview addons, see my updated post above.
    I hope they will work for you.

My next steps:
    1. create a small Alpine based docker image to run spotify-connect-web on all LibreELEC arm projets
    2. offload ALSA configuration (common to spotify-connect-web, squeezelite, etc) to a dedicated addon

Hey awiouy,

Amazing, thank you for your work.

I'll try it out in the evening today!

Will this addon be integrated in the Libreelec Repo? There are already addons which were created by you :)

I'll give you feedback.

• Hey awiouy,

Amazing, thank you for your work.

I'll try it out in the evening today!

Will this addon be integrated in the Libreelec Repo? There are already addons which were created by you :)

I'll give you feedback.

I am looking foward to your feedback.

I have submitted a pull request for the addon. Let's see if it makes it.

I however think that the pull request will stand a better chance if it provides for more projects than just RPi2, eg RPi and other arm projects. I have therefore created a docker image (about 50 MB) for that purpose. I should have the time to test it soon.

If it works, I will simply replace the current binary wrapped in the addon by that docker container.

• So here's my Feedback.

After the Update the Bitrate in Settings was set to 30005 (?). The server won't come up so you don't see it in the Spotify Apps. When i change it to 320 then it appears and i can play music.

So: it's working great. I cannot validate, if the stream is really 320kbit. (i don't know how to do it. using the -bitrate 320 don't mean that 320kbit is used, probably)

My Setup:
    Raspberry Pi 2 Model B
    HDMI Connection to Pioneer AVR (setup with Audio passthrough in Kodi Settings)

btw: i'm not a developer, no clue what a docker image is :D
    But i think you know what you're doing ;)
    And what is ALSA?

Cheers

• DomJ4ck,

I was unable to reproduce your problem.
    You are installing the addon via Kodi install from zip file, right?
    If you go to the addon settings in the Kodi GUI, are the labels correctly displayed? What are the available bit rates (should be blank, 90, 160 and 320)?

ALSA is Advanced Linux Sound Architecture, used by some applications, but not by Kodi on LibreELEC

• DomJ4ck,

I was unable to reproduce your problem.
    You are installing the addon via Kodi install from zip file, right?
    If you go to the addon settings in the Kodi GUI, are the labels correctly displayed? What are the available bit rates (should be blank, 90, 160 and 320)?

ALSA is Advanced Linux Sound Architecture, used by some applications, but not by Kodi on LibreELEC

Yes i've downloaded your zip file and installed this via Kodi addons-menu (from the zip)
    I've uploaded a photo for you. You can see the "30005-Bitrate" on it. This was directly after updating. If i'm using the down-arrow the next bitrate is 320, 160, 90 (but not blank).
    With 30005 set up the server isn't starting.
    I think labels are correct.

Foto 04.08.16, 09 33 27.jpg - directupload.net

Edited once, last by DomJ4ck (August 4, 2016 at 8:44 AM).